The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HeyThereHarry
Does anyone know what is happening to our results right now? I reckon they'll have completed all the marking and checking, so will they be setting grade boundaries or will that have already been done as well?
It's scary thinking that our fate has probably already been decided! :smile:

Our exam papers will have been fully marked and grade boundaries set and all that will be happening now I reckon will be last minute checks, which will take a long time considering all the applicants for every paper and big mistakes still happen.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Dalek1099
Both courses require different skills so thats not necessarily true.This person might decide not to do Theoretical Physics anymore so Medicine is his backup.He could do mediocre at Further Maths and not get on the course for it but Further Maths isn't required for Medicine and often not wanted.I doubt I would get the grades for Art but I'm going to try to get the grades fro Maths-just because one degree is generally harder to get onto and applicants are more competitive doesn't mean that is always going to be harder for one applicant to get into Medicine compared to every other degree although a lot of the time that is the case.

working by odds ^ that is the point though ... when applying for medicine or dentistry you want the highest odds you can possibly get :smile:
Our exam papers will have been fully marked and grade boundaries set and all that will be happening now I reckon will be last minute checks, which will take a long time considering all the applicants for every paper and big mistakes still happen.

Okay cool, thank you :smile:
Reply 2903
Whats everyone doing after they get their results? (to celebrate or to cheer yourself up lol)
Reply 2904
If GCSE grade boundaries are released the day before (the 21st), then are all A-level grade boundaries released tomorrow? I did the OCR Additional Maths exam so it'd be useful to know.
Reply 2905
Original post by CD223
If GCSE grade boundaries are released the day before (the 21st), then are all A-level grade boundaries released tomorrow? I did the OCR Additional Maths exam so it'd be useful to know.

oh i done the additional maths exam too, would i have to collect it with the a level results? wouldnt they give it with the rest of our gcse results
Additional Maths grade boundaries out tomorrow. I hope its around 62 for an A.
I'm in year 10 and I did 5 exams , (Physics , Chem , Bio and 2 maths) ... 9 more days !!! :O this is the first time i will be experiencing results day ! I'm kind of excited yet scared at the same time TwT

I was predicted
A* in Maths (which I know will never happen)
A in Chemistry
A in Physics
A in Biology ....

I'm really worried !!!
Original post by Aimzii
Whats everyone doing after they get their results? (to celebrate or to cheer yourself up lol)

Going bowling and then for a meal with my family! But if I fail miserably then I'll probably just cry in my bedroom and eat ice cream :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jamaicanbeggar
I'm in year 10 and I did 5 exams , (Physics , Chem , Bio and 2 maths) ... 9 more days !!! :O this is the first time i will be experiencing results day ! I'm kind of excited yet scared at the same time TwT

I was predicted
A in Chemistry
A in Physics
A in Biology ....

I'm really worried !!!

I got my full GCSE in maths in year 10 January and I got an A* .. so you never know :smile:
are you doing AQA triple science?

and it's best not to panic too much you have a whole year yet to resit or boost your results... the harder you work, the luckier you'll be :smile:
Reply 2910
Original post by gracey11
You definitely don't need further maths at a-level to study economics. My brother did maths, business and economics, and politics (with AS physics) and he got into Manchester to do economics.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really? That's great! :smile: But apparently, if i didn't chose Further Maths it would put me at a great disadvantage if i wanted to apply to the 'top' unis :s-smilie:
Original post by sr-96
Really? That's great! :smile: But apparently, if i didn't chose Further Maths it would put me at a great disadvantage if i wanted to apply to the 'top' unis :s-smilie:

Probably only for Oxbridge and LSE.
Reply 2912
Original post by HeyThereHarry
Going bowling and then for a meal with my family! But if I fail miserably then I'll probably just cry in my bedroom and eat ice cream :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

lool yh its always good to have two plans
im going out to eat, if my results are good then its a celebration and if they're bad then im comfort eating:colondollar:
Reply 2913
How enjoyable did you find the Maths GCSE? and how easy was it for you?/what grade do you think you will get/ what grades have you gotten for previous units?I reckon you'll be alright if you get an A* without working too hard and love maths, otherwise its going to be a challenge but if you work hard with an A* in Maths it should be possible for you to do.My College requires only an A grade at Maths at Higher Tier and Further Maths has one the highest numbers of high grades of any A-level, so it isn't that hard even when you consider only people getting an A and an A* in Maths will be taking it.

Um i enjoyed it and found the content okay. When i did Modular i got A's, close to A*'s. I did the Linear exam and am hoping for an A*. So do you recommend i chose Further maths? Is it a lot of work?:smile:
Reply 2914
Original post by jamaicanbeggar

I was predicted
A in Chemistry
A in Physics
A in Biology ....

I'm really worried !!!

Don't stress too much. I'm sure you did fine :-) I'm in Year 10 too and sat 3 Chem exams, 2 Maths, and 1 Statistics exam. I know how you feel, because there's nothing worse than waiting this long just to be given a letter! I don't even want to think about how it'll be in Year 11 after we've sat over 10 exams in the summer x_x
I wish you the best luck! :smile:
Original post by lubsjk
Don't stress too much. I'm sure you did fine :-) I'm in Year 10 too and sat 3 Chem exams, 2 Maths, and 1 Statistics exam. I know how you feel, because there's nothing worse than waiting this long just to be given a letter! I don't even want to think about how it'll be in Year 11 after we've sat over 10 exams in the summer x_x
I wish you the best luck! :smile:

Well I had 11 exams and Year 10 and 7 in Year 11 so it varies from person to person.
Reply 2916
Original post by Red Fox
Probably only for Oxbridge and LSE.

Oh right, i would like to keep my options open :smile:
Original post by sr-96
Oh right, i would like to keep my options open :smile:

To be honest doing something else instead of Further Maths and only eliminating 3 courses keeps a lot more options open.
Omg just realised how new a lot of you's are :lol: ...like >500 posts :biggrin:
Reply 2919
Original post by Red Fox
Well I had 11 exams and Year 10 and 7 in Year 11 so it varies from person to person.

Wow... What exams did you do in Year 10?

Latest