The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by venenecinema
What happened with them in the past? I've always thought OCR are the best of a bad bunch when it comes to marking.

I've onlt ever had bad experiences with marking and OCR. GCSE apparently no one in our year got above a 'c' grade.... the all got sent for remark and OCR had to do for free as people's grades went up 2/3 grades. :confused: Not quite sure how they can make that big of a mistake! :rolleyes:
I hope you're right but I suspect they've changed their policy this year and forgotten to update the website. Either way, I'll be staying up for the OCR results as well. Edexcel would be VERY careful about who has access to their twitter account this close to results day.

Is the Twitter account verified with the blue tick? If not it can't be trusted at all
What happened with them in the past? I've always thought OCR are the best of a bad bunch when it comes to marking.

They marked one of my papers wrong by 11 marks :mad:
They gave me like 9/25 for an essay, which when remarked got changed to 20/25. :frown: It's like they forgot to mark a quarter of my paper..!
Gotta have some epic music playing when picking up the results, i'm thinking The joker & the thief by Wolfmother, just stroll in BOOM
It couldn't be a typo because they said it twice. It could, however, be misinformation, but I doubt that. I don't have twitter either.

I've tweeted them back to confirm, but they haven't replied to anyone for 3 hours so I'm not holding my breath.
Also, https://twitter.com/EdexcelStudents/status/366951810046509056 Suggests a level of inconsistency.
I'm feeling optimistic but ridiculously nervous at the same time, fed up of waiting now!
Reply 5527
Original post by lysipud
f322
f324
f325

oh and the coursework haha :smile: i hope f322 is like 70/100 for a :smile:!

yes if only omg preach it
Original post by Divergent
They gave me like 9/25 for an essay, which when remarked got changed to 20/25. :frown: It's like they forgot to mark a quarter of my paper..!

Exactly the same with me. I got my History AS remarked and it went up by 11 UMS. I don't trust OCR very much at all.
Original post by enragedbiscuit
Is the Twitter account verified with the blue tick? If not it can't be trusted at all

No, but there are almost 3,000 tweets on the account and they're all really boring, it's definitely a real account. It's really difficult to get verified on twitter, even as a company.
Original post by Robbie242
I'd relish at the opportunity of doing it in front of the TV but I can certainly see why A2 students and many others wouldn't.

I've kindly denied the offer. To be honest, if I did it I don't think I would ever open the envelope... My hands would be shaking way too much. I wasn't so nervous for AS, mostly because there wasnt as much riding on it but also partly because I was on holiday last results day.

Are you picking up AS results or A2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PythianLegume
Quality censoring :tongue:

hahahahaaha I know right :colondollar:
It couldn't be a typo because they said it twice. It could, however, be misinformation, but I doubt that. I don't have twitter either.

Twice? They've only said it once on their twitter.
Original post by Divergent

Wow! I've heard of marking that bad before but I always thought AQA were the main culprits. Really hope that doesn't happen with my English, it'd be ridiculously stressful.

Original post by Dilzo999
Twice? They've only said it once on their twitter.

https://twitter.com/EdexcelStudents/status/367305045228142592

https://twitter.com/EdexcelStudents/status/367313145767153664

Twice.
Original post by ScarlettFierce
I've kindly denied the offer. To be honest, if I did it I don't think I would ever open the envelope... My hands would be shaking way too much. I wasn't so nervous for AS, mostly because there wasnt as much riding on it but also partly because I was on holiday last results day.

Are you picking up AS results or A2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fair enough honestly I'd struggle opening the envelope as well xd. This is why I'd do it this time round but probably not next time round (even though I'm gonna be asked next time round I just know it xD)

I'm picking up my AS levels

can the contradictions please stop edexcel
Original post by UnvesedSplash
the qn about the end of the reign was nice, but the synoptic one i wrote literally everything so dont know if ill get the marks for like lack of explanation etc. How about you???

I also liked the question about the end! I thought that was a great question, because it was the end of the module, I had revisited it the night before to refresh :smile: I thought it wasn't too bad overall, I tried to really plan my time for each paragraph well so that I didn't go into too much detail, so I'm just hoping that on the synoptic question that I got enough in! Good luck for your results, what other subjects do you take? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Robbie242
can the contradictions please stop edexcel

Wouldn't trust their Twitter at all. I rang up asking about the online service, the guy had no idea what I was talking about and clearly knew nothing himself. Waste of my time and money :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's so odd, guess we'll have to wait ~3.5 hours to find out for sure.

Latest