The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lubsjk
Wow... What exams did you do in Year 10?

Biology, Chemistry, Physics, R.E x2, Geography x2, English Language x2, Maths x2.
Original post by tokiohoe
I don't want to open them at school in case I get really bad results and I'm like

And everyone else gets good grades and are all like

Exactly how I feel haha:smile: Good luck everyone!
Reply 2922
Original post by techno836
Omg just realised how new a lot of you's are :lol: ...like >500 posts :biggrin:

New but possibly ancient too...!

Take me, I've been keeping a watchful eye over tsr for 2 years+ now :sly: and I'm sure there's more like me:wink:
Original post by elixirs

Take me, I've been keeping a watchful eye over tsr for 2 years+ now :sly: and I'm sure there's more like me:wink:

haha yeah I guess... I'm a year and half old I think :biggrin: I'll check :smile:
Original post by sr-96
Um i enjoyed it and found the content okay. When i did Modular i got A's, close to A*'s. I did the Linear exam and am hoping for an A*. So do you recommend i chose Further maths? Is it a lot of work?:smile:

I'd probably say no because I have heard of people finding Further Maths difficult having got A*'s in A-level Maths and the fact that you got A's in the modules suggests you would struggle and my sister got an A at GCSE and a D at AS Maths never mind Further Maths

.However, I would still recommend you to look at the content of A-level Maths and see if you find it very interesting, if it doesn't seem too appealing I wouldn't bother but if it looks interesting then you will probably end up being prepared to work hard for it.

When I looked up A-level Maths and some of A-Level Further Maths I found that the content was far more enjoyable than anything I'd studied at GCSE-in Further Maths you will get to study the Square Root of -1 which is known as i and you'll get to learn about hyperbolic trigonometry where sinh(x)=e^x-e^-x/2 and cosh(x)=e^x+e^-x/2 and if you are wondering why this would have been done then look no further than the formulas for sin(x) and cos(x) in radians 2pi radians=360 degrees sinx=e^ix-e^-ix/2i cosx=e^ix+e^-ix/2 its all extremely mad and interesting.

After the courses, you will become a robot saying"I must integrate.I must differentiate"-I'm only joking:colondollar:I would love you to take Further Maths though because I'm obsessed with Maths and am taking A-Levels in Maths and Further Maths.
Original post by Aimzii
Whats everyone doing after they get their results? (to celebrate or to cheer yourself up lol)

Going on a DofE practice expedition for three days :yucky: Not looking forward to it!
Original post by mollyh77
Going on a DofE practice expedition for three days :yucky: Not looking forward to it!

ooo I've finished my bronze :biggrin: where are you going ? :smile:
I got my full GCSE in maths in year 10 January and I got an A* .. so you never know :smile:
are you doing AQA triple science?

and it's best not to panic too much you have a whole year yet to resit or boost your results... the harder you work, the luckier you'll be :smile:

Yep I'm doing AQA triple science ! :biggrin:
Thanks for the wise words haha and I think I can still try to improve my grade through the ISA (?) :biggrin:
Reply 2928
haha yeah I guess... I'm a year and half old I think :biggrin: I'll check :smile:

You do that
:tongue:
Original post by elixirs

My first post on TSR was on the 20th June 2011 I believe. I've been here over 2 years but I feel that I have had a negative impact here.I looked back at old posts, a few months ago and thought that my comments were far too nice and naive-maybe TSR has turned me into this person completely obsessed with results who classes anything below an A a fail because my posts back then were only a shadow of this.
Original post by jamaicanbeggar
Yep I'm doing AQA triple science ! :biggrin:
Thanks for the wise words haha and I think I can still try to improve my grade through the ISA (?) :biggrin:

yeah definitely :smile: they're quite easy :smile: you get to do three (if your school lets you ) and your highest score will count a good score is 40+/50 as they are ALOT harder than last years specification.. so grade boundaries will be slightly lower hopefully :smile:

Original post by elixirs
You do that
:tongue:

I'm just under 1 1/2 Years :biggrin:
Reply 2931
Original post by Dalek1099
I'd probably say no because I have heard of people finding Further Maths difficult having got A*'s in A-level Maths and the fact that you got A's in the modules suggests you would struggle and my sister got an A at GCSE and a D at AS Maths never mind Further Maths

.However, I would still recommend you to look at the content of A-level Maths and see if you find it very interesting, if it doesn't seem too appealing I wouldn't bother but if it looks interesting then you will probably end up being prepared to work hard for it.

When I looked up A-level Maths and some of A-Level Further Maths I found that the content was far more enjoyable than anything I'd studied at GCSE-in Further Maths you will get to study the Square Root of -1 which is known as i and you'll get to learn about hyperbolic trigonometry where sinh(x)=e^x-e^-x/2 and cosh(x)=e^x+e^-x/2 and if you are wondering why this would have been done then look no further than the formulas for sin(x) and cos(x) in radians 2pi radians=360 degrees sinx=e^ix-e^-ix/2i cosx=e^ix+e^-ix/2 its all extremely mad and interesting.

After the courses, you will become a robot saying"I must integrate.I must differentiate"-I'm only joking:colondollar:I would love you to take Further Maths though because I'm obsessed with Maths and am taking A-Levels in Maths and Further Maths.

Oh okay thanks for the help! Sounds like you know your stuff :smile: Yes it sounds crazy and i am not sure if i'm prepared for that or could handle it :s-smilie:
Original post by sr-96
Oh okay thanks for the help! Sounds like you know your stuff :smile: Yes it sounds crazy and i am not sure if i'm prepared for that or could handle it :s-smilie:
If you put the effort in, you can handle everything. Maths is something anyone can achieve if they try hard enough and have enough support. Don't play down your achievements, you've done brilliantly! :smile:
Original post by lubsjk
Wow... What exams did you do in Year 10?

I had 7 exams in Summer 2010 and 8 exams in Summer 2011 and would have had less exams this summer had I not have opted for an optional extra GCSE or rather IGCSE in Further Maths with AQA, which I did in 1 hour of leftover English time because I finished English Language a year early with an A* in English Language, only 3.4% achieved this in the year I completed the course and I was in Year 10 and an A* in English Literature.

In Summer Year 10 I took 3 exams in Core Science,1 exam in English Literature, 1 RE exam,1 Geography exam and 1 Maths exam.

This Summer I have took 2 exams in French, 2 exams in Further Maths, 1 exam in Geography, 1 exam in RE, 1 exam in Maths and 1 exam in Additional Science.
ooo I've finished my bronze :biggrin: where are you going ? :smile:

This is a practice for my silver :smile: Haven't done bronze though - doing it through school and they don't offer it! Well we're going up into the Mournes and walking about up there :tongue: Can I ask what sort of stuff you brought for food? Our group's trying to organise it now and I don't really know what to get!
TSR makes me feel very average sometimes:lol:
Original post by mollyh77
This is a practice for my silver :smile: Haven't done bronze though - doing it through school and they don't offer it! Well we're going up into the Mournes and walking about up there :tongue: Can I ask what sort of stuff you brought for food? Our group's trying to organise it now and I don't really know what to get!

i'm going to my silver next year :biggrin:

I took a chicken curry and boil in the bag rice :smile: (make sure you have the chicken curry tin with a pully thing on it though :lol: my friend forgot and had to borrow somebodies tin opener as he didn't bring one haha :biggrin:
Original post by Red Fox

I agree!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Red Fox

haha how come what are your grades?
Reply 2939
Original post by Red Fox
Biology, Chemistry, Physics, R.E x2, Geography x2, English Language x2, Maths x2.

Oh so do you prefer having more exams in Year 10 than Year 11 or would you rather have them all in Year 11?

Latest