The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by techno836
haha how come what are your grades?

All A's and A*'s.
Reply 2941
Original post by Pandora.
If you put the effort in, you can handle everything. Maths is something anyone can achieve if they try hard enough and have enough support. Don't play down your achievements, you've done brilliantly! :smile:

Oh, thanks for the encouragement :biggrin:
Reply 2942
Original post by Dalek1099
My first post on TSR was on the 20th June 2011 I believe. I've been here over 2 years but I feel that I have had a negative impact here.I looked back at old posts, a few months ago and thought that my comments were far too nice and naive-maybe TSR has turned me into this person completely obsessed with results who classes anything below an A a fail because my posts back then were only a shadow of this.

Ah, when you put it like that it's seems pitiful:colone:

About feeling like anything below an A is a failure, that probably occurred from expectations you personally inherited from tsr (even though, all round tsr teen geniuses represent, I'd say 5% of all students:tongue:). In a way not completely your fault...

But you cannot deny, is that you have control over what you post and what you may call naive or even nice is perceived as bragging in it's rawest form.

Furthermore, on a pre-results GCSE thread it isn't the wisest thing to reveal, right?

I don't believe you're a mean person but I believe it's your responsibility to control what you post and the same applies for every person
haha how come what are your grades?

I'm predicted 5A*s, 5As and a B, and I'm one of the high achievers at school! Now I'm on here and people are saying their 'worst case scenario' is 8A*s and not the 12 they're predicted!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lubsjk
Oh so do you prefer having more exams in Year 10 than Year 11 or would you rather have them all in Year 11?

Definitely Year 10 because it takes the workload off in Year 11. I got a B in Physics and a C in an English Language exam but because this was Year 10 I did resits in Jan 2013 and got an A* in Physics and an A in English.
Reply 2945

I'm just under 1 1/2 Years :biggrin:

Ehhh, grandpa! If only I had registered sooner:colone:
Original post by elixirs

I'm nearly eleven months :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aimzii
Whats everyone doing after they get their results? (to celebrate or to cheer yourself up lol)

I haven't got anything planned! Hopefully I'll just catch a few people in school and go into town with them afterwards for a bit, but nothing more than that I imagine. I know of people who get massive rewards for their grades though, like £100 per A or A*!
Reply 2948
I have a question.

For the chemistry GCSE there are 4 units which compose of 3 exams and 1 controlled assessment.

One of the exams I did in march was 70/80 but I then resat that in June and I'm still waiting for the result. Suppose they cash in the one in march but the June one was higher, what do I do then?
Reply 2949
Original post by Dalek1099
I had 7 exams in Summer 2010 and 8 exams in Summer 2011 and would have had less exams this summer had I not have opted for an optional extra GCSE or rather IGCSE in Further Maths with AQA, which I did in 1 hour of leftover English time because I finished English Language a year early with an A* in English Language, only 3.4% achieved this in the year I completed the course and I was in Year 10 and an A* in English Literature.

In Summer Year 10 I took 3 exams in Core Science,1 exam in English Literature, 1 RE exam,1 Geography exam and 1 Maths exam.

This Summer I have took 2 exams in French, 2 exams in Further Maths, 1 exam in Geography, 1 exam in RE, 1 exam in Maths and 1 exam in Additional Science.

Wow! You're a genius o.o I wish my school would push students further. The teachers focus more on the dumb kids who don't even care about grades, so us that do, end up having to do a lot of the work ourselves.
Congratulations on those grades, by the way! What do you plan on doing in uni?
Reply 2950
Original post by tess_rach
I'm nearly eleven months :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooer! a great aunt:tongue: *returns to foetus land*
Original post by lubsjk
Wow! You're a genius o.o I wish my school would push students further. The teachers focus more on the dumb kids who don't even care about grades, so us that do, end up having to do a lot of the work ourselves.

Same at my school. Top end students are just left to it.
Original post by Red Fox
All A's and A*'s.

haha your not average! we're all ABOVE AVERAGE ;D

Original post by tess_rach
I'm predicted 5A*s, 5As and a B, and I'm one of the high achievers at school! Now I'm on here and people are saying their 'worst case scenario' is 8A*s and not the 12 they're predicted!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha I will probably get 6A*s 3As and 5Bs and I feel weird having all those B's :lol: and (not Boasting) i'm the smartest in my school.. although its not hard if you saw most of them :lol:

Original post by elixirs

haha I do feel old :s-smilie: might become a Mod at 2 years :wink: ... not sure how though ??
Reply 2953
Original post by tsjmcgrath
I haven't got anything planned! Hopefully I'll just catch a few people in school and go into town with them afterwards for a bit, but nothing more than that I imagine. I know of people who get massive rewards for their grades though, like £100 per A or A*!

I've seen that, one person at my school even got like £100+ for FAILING a re sit!! :eek::rolleyes:

My parents did promise me some cash once I had all my GCSEs done, but I'm not expecting anywhere near what I've seen some people expect!
Reply 2954
Original post by lubsjk

Same at ours. Makes me hit myself over not passing the 11+ :colone:
I get £10 per A*.
Original post by Tibbz2
I've seen that, one person at my school even got like £100+ for FAILING a re sit!! :eek::rolleyes:

My parents did promise me some cash once I had all my GCSEs done, but I'm not expecting anywhere near what I've seen some people expect!

Seriously? That's idiotic. I know I might get negged for this, but I think some people and schools take the whole "you tried your best" attitude too far. They leave out the top end students because they focus so much on trying to reward and encourage the lower end students who, often, don't care. Key word being "often" there, as many of them do care.

I'll be lucky to get anything about say £100 for all my grades combined.
Original post by elixirs
Same at ours. Makes me hit myself over not passing the 11+ :colone:

I passed but went to my local school (worst in the city which is 2nd worst for education). I don't regret it at all.
Reply 2958

haha I do feel old :s-smilie: might become a Mod at 2 years :wink: ... not sure how though ??

By persuading current mods, whilst stroking your long shrivelled grey beard...
:beard::wink:
Reply 2959
Original post by Red Fox
Definitely Year 10 because it takes the workload off in Year 11. I got a B in Physics and a C in an English Language exam but because this was Year 10 I did resits in Jan 2013 and got an A* in Physics and an A in English.

Me too. I wish I sat more exams. The maths teachers made us sit the exam this year so that we at least had a good grade in our bag, and can focus on improving and then resit next year. I don't know why the English teachers didn't do the same. >_<

Congrats for getting that A* and A :-)

Latest