The Student Room Group

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Grade boundaries

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by adi19956
We don't know, but going by previous releases:
Likely midnight for OCR, early morning for AQA. Word was Edexcel release at midnight as well, but according to their twitter feed they release at 00:01 on Thursday

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

please be this midnight otherwise I won't survive at work tomorrow
Original post by venenecinema
Nonsense, for OCR English Literature you need 87-90% raw marks for an A. These are some of the harshest A-Level boundaries in existence as far as I know.

jesus christ! for AQA Eng Lit it's usually like 40ish/84 for an A
Original post by Robbie242
please be this midnight otherwise I won't survive at work tomorrow

has to be , cos i just had a look at Edexcel's twitter feed and couldn't find any claim that they would be released on thursday lol
Original post by pseudonymegg

I know, I have no idea why the OCR ones are so exceptionally high. It's not even like the board is easier than the others.
Original post by Fas
has to be , cos i just had a look at Edexcel's twitter feed and couldn't find any claim that they would be released on thursday lol

take a look at edexcel student twitter account and you'll see there that their claiming gboundaries for some stupid reason are being released on thursday as oppossed to the usual day b4....
Reply 105
Original post by pseudonymegg

It's mad how low the boundary for an A is! If I don't get an A with that, I think I'll consider jumping off a multi-storey car park!:frown:

Let's hope they don't raise it though!:eek:
Reply 106
And oh yeah, everyone. Results will be released the day before the results come out (Thursday) - which is confirmed on the Edexcel official website. In January, AQA had theirs up at midnight, and Edexcel's were up by 4AM. So I wouldn't stay up for midnight! Good luck, I hope you all get what you want!
Original post by Jord1995
It's mad how low the boundary for an A is! If I don't get an A with that, I think I'll consider jumping off a multi-storey car park!:frown:

Let's hope they don't raise it though!:eek:

ahaha yeah same, i really want an A for English, hopefully the boundary will be low since an atmosphere of suicide permeated the exam hall after my lit exam :L although I found it okay
i'm going to a party tomorrow so midnight won't be a problem... however reading drunk may be highly deceiving :O
Reply 109
And oh yeah, everyone. Results will be released the day before the results come out (Thursday) - which is confirmed on the Edexcel official website. In January, AQA had theirs up at midnight, and Edexcel's were up by 4AM. So I wouldn't stay up for midnight! Good luck, I hope you all get what you want!

Source: From their twitter that isn't verified and contradicted itself Also: http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/Pages/ums-mark-converter.aspx at the bottom ''the day before results''
Reply 110

About AQA, midnight as in this midnight or next midnight? If you are awake and do manage to find them before me will you please quote me with it?
Guys last year edexcel released their GB extremely early... check this out and bear in mind that results day was 16th and they put boundaries up @
14-08-2012 18:34
so i hope that their twitter account was indeed mistaken!
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2067692&page=5&page=5
I'm at work tonight, 10pm - 6am so I'll be checking in my breaks! So stressful :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gooner4ever
take a look at edexcel student twitter account and you'll see there that their claiming gboundaries for some stupid reason are being released on thursday as oppossed to the usual day b4....

ah ok , well hoping that's a mistake then since they have released them the day before at pretty much every exam session lol

ah well , even if Edexcel's don't come out tomorrow ( which will be very weird ) then OCR's and AQA's will be out , so i can check 3/4 subjects ! :smile:

plus they LOOK official but there's no way of knowing if they belong with Edexcel or not.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Fas
person you quoted asked for mark schemes , not grade boundaries :tongue:

Oh crap haha! I'm half asleep! My bad

Posted from TSR Mobile
64 for 100 UMS...yay...yay..yay...

C3 rulzzz!!!
Original post by mkhan9035
Oh crap haha! I'm half asleep! My bad

Posted from TSR Mobile

looks like someone isn't going to make it 'till midnight :wink:
Reply 117