The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6260
post the MATHS MEI grade boundaries plz :smile:
Original post by TheWiseChick
haha lol your comment made my laugh in a strange way... your academic right? so quit having these thoughts.. their worryingly depressive..

It wasn't meant to be funny.

They're not worryingly depressive (which parts?). It's the truth.

I'm not as smart as other people. I'm not as academic as I think I am. I'm definitely not as intelligent as I would like to be.

The worst part of it is that it is all my fault. Although I am told repeatedly that I am a hard worker and I work too hard, it's not true. I should have worked even harder, and spent more time developing myself into the academic person I yearn to be. I've made stupid mistakes, and sometimes I think it is human nature to make mistakes - yet those mistakes may have cost me my Cambridge place.

I've met Oxbridge people, and there is no ****ing way I am as intelligent as them. It's as if they're a source of emotional affliction knowing that I am below them. How hard it is to be inadequate!

All I've ever wanted, ever since I've joined this site many years ago, was to be with people who are interested in ideas and actually cared about their subjects and are interested in knowledge and learning and education for the sake of education. Oxbridge is the holy grail of education, not because of their innumerable libraries of their tutorial/supervision system - personal attention from academics. No, it is more than that. It is a community of amazing, amazing people that I could only dream of spending my undergraduate years with.

I'm ****ing sick of death of the people around me who pass exams for the sake of passing them, are interested in education in order to get a high-status job, or just even don't care about education in itself. I'm not saying that there aren't students at Oxbridge who don't have attitudes like that, but looking through the selection criteria for the subjects - they are absolutely intelligent and clever and just simply a paragon of the person I would love to become.

It hurts because I know I didn't get the grades necessary. My desire to study with people who have interests like mine are not going to come true.

All I ever wanted was to be accepted for who I am and be in a community of people who are like me.

I realised that I'm not like Oxbridge people; I'm not as intelligent as them. But neither am I the type who, well, are interested in the more epicurean aspects of life.

I'm interested in ideas, but I'm apparently not intelligent enough to study them.

What camp do I fit in? Where do I belong? I don't even know anymore and I regret my very existence.

All I ever wanted was that Oxbridge offer so it would validate that I am worthy of existing. Seems like I'm not at all.
Original post by DJMayes
So begins the longest day. :colone:

I hear you. When are the STEP boundaries published?
Original post by polozolo123
chill guys the grade boundaries are usually put on between 8am - 10am on a wednesday. ocr usually put theirs up before aqa do

noooooo i was really hoping to get them tonight!!!! :eek:
AQA crashed when I first tried to get on, maybe they're updating something, or maybe there are just too many people on aha
Reply 6265
Oh great looks like OCR will troll us and I will end up not sleeping and they will release the grade boundaries at 10am or something ridiculous like that
****... It's a starting :hide:
edexcel site appears mangled to me, like we've accidentally brought it down
no boundaries
but results day is now TOMORROW
OCR and Edexcel some students have work tomorrow would you please hurry up
Original post by QuietCoco
Wow, that's ace! Good for you. :smile: What were your subjects? Go out for a fancy meal, I think, results permitting, otherwise it's a trip to McDonalds...

I'm fairly sure about History and Philosophy, less sure about Geography and Drama. What subjects are you waiting for? Nothing quite like consoling oneself over Big Macs :wink:.
Reply 6270
Edexcel maths ones are up btw if anyone hasn't seen them yet. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1313284&page=10&highlight=Edexcel&page=10
WTH OCR
:cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2:
Reply 6273
Original post by needtosucceed=)
anti-climax :unimpressed:

ah tell me about it, I feel so cheated XD
F*** this I'm going to bed :tongue:
Well this'll be the day I reframe from the internet at all costs, see you all tomorrow and best of luck for results :biggrin:
Original post by King Hotpie
I can sympathise with this :frown:. Maybe we can go to our second tier university together, which is supposed to be good, but of course will never be quite as good as Cambridge or Oxford

It's not even about reputation or that *******s. I just wanted to go to a university with genuinely intelligent and passionate people. I've missed that chance.
Reply 6277
It's results day tomorrow!!!!
I had a feeling this would've happened loool
Tomorrow! Aaaghh :')

Latest