The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by techno836
i'm going to my silver next year :biggrin:

I took a chicken curry and boil in the bag rice :smile: (make sure you have the chicken curry tin with a pully thing on it though :lol: my friend forgot and had to borrow somebodies tin opener as he didn't bring one haha :biggrin:

Hahah I'll be sure to remember that! :wink: We had curry on our last practice actually! Except, because it was only one night, we just got someone's mum to make it and then we put it in flasks :tongue: It kept pretty warm all day and was super tastey as well! Buuuut don't think it'll work this time round :rolleyes:
I'll have to be careful though - last time I boiled water and made black tea, but forgot it was hot and just drank it anyway and then spilt it down myself too..Ended up with a big burn on my lip and a slightly less severe burn on my chin..not a good look!

How did summer pass so quickly!?
Original post by NikolaT

How did summer pass so quickly!?

Quickly? It's passing really slowly for me! Well, maybe it's just because we're close to Results Day now that it feels slower.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, my school is only letting us collect results from 10:30. :mad: Yet they're opening the school on Thursday at 8:00 for the Year 13s? Doesn't make any sense at all...
Original post by tsjmcgrath
Quickly? It's passing really slowly for me! Well, maybe it's just because we're close to Results Day now that it feels slower.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, my school is only letting us collect results from 10:30. :mad: Yet they're opening the school on Thursday at 8:00 for the Year 13s? Doesn't make any sense at all...

Er, yes it does... I assume it's because of clearing/adjustment, etc.

And yes, quickly! Just a few days ago it was right after my final exam, late June. Now it's already mid-August! And of course... next week... the day of reckoning.
I'm so scared for my maths results! Did any of you sit the aqa linear b maths paper? if so, how did you find it? I really don't think all the A/A* topics i revised for paid off.It's eating me away not knowing my results; the closer they come the worse I feel. :-(
After a long wait for our results over the duration of holidays I feel quite lucky now. I'm going on holiday tomorrow and coming back at midnight on what will then be results day. Personally, although I'm fairly nervous, I'm looking forward to finding out my results, and checking the grade boundaries will certainly pass the time on the plane journey home. Good luck to everyone, see you on results day!
Original post by Joe7
After a long wait for our results over the duration of holidays I feel quite lucky now. I'm going on holiday tomorrow and coming back at midnight on what will then be results day. Personally, although I'm fairly nervous, I'm looking forward to finding out my results, and checking the grade boundaries will certainly pass the time on the plane journey home. Good luck to everyone, see you on results day!

That's great, have fun! When do the grade boundaries come out? will they just be on the exam boards site? good luck with your results!
Original post by NikolaT
Er, yes it does... I assume it's because of clearing/adjustment, etc.

And yes, quickly! Just a few days ago it was right after my final exam, late June. Now it's already mid-August! And of course... next week... the day of reckoning.

Oh, no, I'm saying that it doesn't make any sense that they don't just open it that early for us too. The Sixth Formers get five hours whereas we only get two and I know that a lot of other schools open at around 8 or 9 instead of 10:30.

Oh true. I guess 2013 has been going quite quickly, it's just I'm finding this week (and presumably next week) have been going at a snail's pace. Time flew by through my exams and revision time but as soon as it comes to the actual results it's extremely slow!
Original post by Bethany96
That's great, have fun! When do the grade boundaries come out? will they just be on the exam boards site? good luck with your results!

The grade boundaries are usually released around 8:00 AM the day before results day. You will be able to find them on the exam boards websites although I'm sure they'll be posted in this thread as soon as they are released. Good luck to you as well!
Tomorrow it will be a A level results day and a Week till GCSE results

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tsjmcgrath
Oh, no, I'm saying that it doesn't make any sense that they don't just open it that early for us too. The Sixth Formers get five hours whereas we only get two and I know that a lot of other schools open at around 8 or 9 instead of 10:30.

Oh true. I guess 2013 has been going quite quickly, it's just I'm finding this week (and presumably next week) have been going at a snail's pace. Time flew by through my exams and revision time but as soon as it comes to the actual results it's extremely slow!

The 4 weeks after I had finished my exams and the official 6 week holidays had been going so fast until after returning back from a seven day coach holiday to Italy I realised that Results Day was less than 3 weeks away and then I started posting on this thread and I am literally counting the days and saying how its still so long to Results Day.

From the rate time has been going recently,8 days is a very long time.One thing I have learned is that if you keep thinking about a date in the future then time goes incredibly slowly- for example, I really wanted to leave school for good and Y11 to end so I could go to College where half of the time I would be studying Maths which I am obsessed with but because of this the year completely dragged.

I had completely left ideas about Results Day behind until I returned form holiday so time flew by.I am not just going to forget the day though because I care so much about my results that I feel I have to express it and let it out.I have tried to get dreams about Results Day to give me clues about how I might have done by repeating the subjects I have studied and my general thoughts on what the result will be but with no effect I have not even been having dreams, which is rare for me.
I get my results the day before sixth form since I won't be in the UK O.O I won't have enough time to recompose myself :woo:
Original post by Joe7
The grade boundaries are usually released around 8:00 AM the day before results day. You will be able to find them on the exam boards websites although I'm sure they'll be posted in this thread as soon as they are released. Good luck to you as well!

Well i know exactly what i will be doing next wednesday at crack of dawn hahah! Thank you. :-)
I can get either on this Thurday or next Thursday ( A GCSE finished student but was allowed to do a single module of AS Maths :P ), even though it will not count as my school changed examboard after I did my exam -.- I am still eager to find out how well I did. ( Spend over 200+ hours for C1 alone ).

Original post by Glitch96
I get my results the day before sixth form since I won't be in the UK O.O I won't have enough time to recompose myself :woo:

I feel for you.The wait could be really worth it though!
Original post by CD223
I found that hard. 58 for an A would make me a very happy bunny. I swear I read somewhere that year-on-year 33.3% of people who sit the exam get a U...

Are you kidding? You guys are so lucky! Add maths cie igcse has the highest grade boundaries of any subject. It's usually 80+for an A and 95+ for an A*.
I failed it during last year exams but I'm so glad I didn't drop it. Maths at a level is so easy for my entire class cos most of ushave done add maths:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sellerofdreams
Are you kidding? You guys are so lucky! Add maths cie igcse has the highest grade boundaries of any subject. It's usually 80+for an A and 95+ for an A*.
I failed it during last year exams but I'm so glad I didn't drop it. Maths at a level is so easy for my entire class cos most of ushave done add maths:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

indeed... Additional math is so difficult... I manage to scrap a 93 on it. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Though I read from one of the posts that schools only taught you the subject for half a year, then TS totally understandable, I mean I only really understood add maths two weeks before my exams

Posted from TSR Mobile
I actually have lessons on results day (3-4 lessons) and then we get out results at 1 PM I think, and then we're allowed to go home. I don't think I will go on the AQA/CIE/Edexcel websites until I get my results, I don't want to panic beforehand by reading the mark-schemes. By the way, if you're feeling really really stressed about results, I highly recommend you take up yoga, as it is really good at relieving anxiety :smile: Good luck everyone!
Reply 3059
Original post by economicsrocks
lol! good luck to your brother and you! :smile:

you too bro

Latest