The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6320
Original post by im so academic
1. They don't do my subject.
2. I am not going to a ****ing university, well, no, they're nerdy in a bad way. They're not intelligent and passionate like Oxbridgers. Many can't communicate their subject at Imperial. It has that reputation for a reason.

Stop being judgemental. People at imperial have done well to get in there. Have you thought that you might not be of that class? Or maybe resit if you feel that your grades don't represent your ability.
Reply 6321
Indulge me for a minute - I'm a confused parent! Why is it so important to find out grade boundaries when you don't know what marks you got in your exams?
First time I stayed up late on this thing, and can finally say that we're getting our results tomorrow. Strangely I'm more excited than panicky... I bet that changes when I go to bed and wake up swearing like a sailor when it finally hits me that tomorrow is Thursday
Original post by lukeniknak
if getting into a uni determines your self worth then clearly the issue is not with the uni, but with you

No.
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
How do you feel about the Maths boundaries? :smile:

C3 surprised me as well as C4 and M1 however I was hoping FP2 and M2 to just be a little lower, I'll miss my second A* by 2 marks it seems :redface:
Original post by bunny96
I'm so disapointed
It's like finding out Santa isn't real

I know, all we ask is that they release 1 f#%*ing document! We're not asking for much!
I'm in this for the long haul. Get your **** together exam boards!
Original post by ArtisticFlair
Like if you're listening to either 'Applause' or 'Roar'

x

Oh my Gosh! You like them both too? :smile:

I must say, I prefer APPLAUSE, it just makes me feel like 'crazy', but in a good/dancy/POP way lol!

Have you heard the VEVO version? The audio is like in a battle w/ Katy Perry's Roar Lol!

You be the judge Students

Applause : [video="youtube;_bHhpufKRjs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bHhpufKRjs[/video]

or.....
Bull****.

It's not about where I "end up", but how I feel about myself.

Getting into Oxbridge validates me as a person and gives me a sense of self-worth.

No-one says that people shouldn't go to Oxbridge but the issue is why does it have to be the very very best? People go to all sorts of universities and end up good in life. My dad's one of them.
Bull****.

It's not about where I "end up", but how I feel about myself.

Getting into Oxbridge validates me as a person and gives me a sense of self-worth.

If it means so much to you then you can always take a gap year and reapply if you're not successful the first time.
Original post by SamJHill
Well then I pity you since the way you're acting suggests you'll throw a hissy fit and will mess up your A levels if things don't go your way.

Best of luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll throw a huge hissy fit on results day. Because I know I got **** marks.
Roar : [video="youtube;e9SeJIgWRPk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9SeJIgWRPk[/video]
I bet the sadists from the exam boards are looking at this thread chuckling to themselves...
Original post by venenecinema
That's complete nonsense. If you believe that **** then you don't deserve to go anywhere decent.

No it's not. Oxbridge are the best for a reason. They take in the best people for a reason.
gonna wait out till 1am , then go to bed. remember these are pretty massive documents they are uploading - AS+A2 grade boundaries for loads of different subjects , plus other qualifications aswell. if its not up by 1am , then may aswell sleep and see em in the morning
Original post by Huntx
Stop being judgemental. People at imperial have done well to get in there. Have you thought that you might not be of that class? Or maybe resit if you feel that your grades don't represent your ability.

Please anyone can get into Imperial.

Only the heavenly few get into Oxbridge.
Original post by SamJHill
Fed up of people acting like it's the end of the world if they're not good enough for Oxbridge.

Get over it, you'll make something of yourself wherever you go if you're that determined.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Surely they are entitled to be disappointed? It takes a lot of work to aspire to go to these places, and missing out on going to the one of the best establishments in the world by such fine margins must be horrible. In the heat of the moment they may be incredibly upset because they worked so hard for something and didn't achieve it. It's not like unsuccessful Oxbridge applicants give up with life, they get on with it. It just must hurt for a while afterwards.

And no, I didn't apply for Oxbridge myself. But being the best takes a lot of dedication.
Reply 6338
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Yh this happened in March aswell... they'll be released sometime during this night, but I don't think anyone will be sleeping :colone:

Great looks like I'll be on edge for hours then :frown: Are you staying up? You're waiting for one OCR exam arn't you?
50/75 for an A for Edexcel Maths C3

56/75 for an A for Edexcel Maths M1

Latest