The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

guys - aqa ones are being uploaded currently on the grade boundary thread!
Original post by Divergent
Whats going to happen then?
Are they going to be released tongiht or not? :frown:

If they don't get uploaded within a hour or so, I think it'll be uploaded tomorrow morning. They unfortunately don't have a set time, so best to get some sleep soon if nothing changes :smile:
Reply 6382
Original post by King Hotpie
Is that OCR A for physics, or OCR advancing physics? And is chemistry Salters or the other one? I'm on Salters and advancing physics :redface:

OCR A for physics, and Chemistry A, not Salters :smile: Sorry! Good luck with those exams :smile:
Reply 6383
Original post by huntx
question papers and mark schemes are already out. so some of us have calculated what we think we might get .
what?? When? Where? What subject??
Original post by SamJHill
Try telling the kids on a downward spiral of depression and posting it all over this forum that. Not me that'll be in a mental ward if my grades aren't great.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would honestly be more worried if they took their failure to get into Oxbridge nonchalantly despite working really, really hard. It's a natural reaction.
Original post by Bulbasaur
Hey, I just read your previous post. Seriously, don't worry. Before you assume anything, wait till you get your results. Mine certainly weren't special (AAAC with 88% in my top 3) yet I managed to get a place - and several stastical analyses i've come across clearly show that this isn't uncommon either. I'd assume the process for HSPS is quite similar to that of geography, and its competitiveness isn't much different either (3 applicants a place). If you really love your subject as you do, having grades that aren't the average for success doesn't discount you as much as you may think - especially for arts subjects.

Also at this point it's probably worth me pointing out that I had the same doubts as you, and I was quite scared I wouldn't get an A in history year - but I did.

Chin up! :smile: If you want, PM me after you get your results and we can have a chat.

Yeah, can I talk to you on Thursday please?

The thing is, the difference between you and me is that you're far, far, far more intelligent than me.

With my experience of being around/talking with etc with Oxbridgers, they're just out of this world, so I can extrapolate that to other Oxbridgers that I haven't met, such as yourself.

I don't know. I just want his hell to be over with, not just results day, but just the application process in its entirety.

I can't do this. I really don't think I cannot. Oxbridgers are far smarter than me. I'd be lucky to get AAAC tbh.

I don't know. I'm stuck. I just don't know what to think anymore. I'm completely lost.
Original post by abzy1234
If they don't get uploaded within a hour or so, I think it'll be uploaded tomorrow morning. They unfortunately don't have a set time, so best to get some sleep soon if nothing changes :smile:

I can't sleep though :frown:
I'm so nervous ^-^ x
Original post by jellybellys

Where?

Can you give me a link please
Original post by Huntx
If you don't get into imperial il be laughing somewhere. Best of luck though.

I won't get into Imperial - because I'm not applying there. :dunce:
Original post by bunny96
Unit 1 and 2 Physics
Unit 1 and 2 Chemistry
Unit 1 and 2 Psychology
Plus coursework for Chemistry and Physics

You know
Not much

That's a lot of exams :redface:, oh yh I forgot about the coursework element but boundaries are always high for those...

are they up ?
Reply 6391
Original post by SheriB
what?? When? Where? What subject??

Haha, mark schemes for edexcel were out about 1 or 2 weeks back. Just go to xtremepapers edexcel forum
Reply 6392

Whats the link please?? D:
Original post by bunny96
OCR A for physics, and Chemistry A, not Salters :smile: Sorry! Good luck with those exams :smile:

Ah, you go to a school which cares about its student then... :colone: Thank you, good luck to you to! I'm gonna need all the luck I can get...
Original post by SamJHill
Try telling the kids on a downward spiral of depression and posting it all over this forum that. Not me that'll be in a mental ward if my grades aren't great.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Knowing me, and I'm not trolling/joking about this - later in life, I will end up in a mental ward due to my constant self-deprecation, unworthiness, stupidity and the inability to accept the latter.
Trying to juggle the refresh for Twitter, the Edexcel Grade Boundary Page and this thread..aaahhhh
Reply 6396
Original post by L'Evil Fish
All mine WJEC :tongue:

Do you know anything about the wjec grade boundaries? Bit confused here..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LeoDiCaprio
I would honestly be more worried if they took their failure to get into Oxbridge nonchalantly despite working really, really hard. It's a natural reaction.

Not natural in any sense of the word I can fathom. Disappointment is one thing, but denying all your 'self worth' because one or two universities out of hundreds don't want you is ridiculous. There are many things worse to get through in life.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by im so academic
Please anyone can get into Imperial.

Only the heavenly few get into Oxbridge.
you are such a snob! you may feel that way but you're actually being really rude
Original post by -maria
am i the only person who did wjec exams o__O

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did WJEC media :smile:

Latest