Original post by -maria
am i the only person who did wjec exams o__O

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did wjec a2 music :erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Divergent
I can't sleep though :frown:
I'm so nervous ^-^ x

I know the feeling! So nerve wracking! But hey, we really can't do anything about it sadly. Just try lie down to get your mind off it :smile: x
Original post by -maria
am i the only person who did wjec exams o__O

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope. My English Lit exam was with them. It doesn't seem like a very popular board though.
Original post by freetown
Where?

Can you give me a link please

Original post by Fas
are they up ?

Original post by dipsey96
Whats the link please?? D:

sorry guys :frown: think it's a troll :mad:
Original post by Ollymurslove
I did WJEC media :smile:
Physics here. everyone complains about them but I think they're k
Original post by AspiringGenius
Hmm, well you can suprise yourself on results day. For example I thought I had completely failed C2 but ended up getting 100 UMS. I think like anyone who cares a great deal about their studies you are probably focusing on the negatives of what you did on papers and extrapolating that. I wouldn't write off your grades just yet, wait until tomorrow I imagine you'll do better than you think.

The grade boundaries are still going to be too high for me.

As for your post about Oxbridge, i think you are focussing far too much on the university and not on the subject. You say it's the holy grail of education but without sounding too corny, the holy grail is you. This is not "imsoacademic" but what you choose to make of your education. I go to a very big college and I'm part of a group of about 60 for people aiming for the top universities and about 10 have got into Oxbridge. Next year when you start applying, if you go to a very large school where many people apply to Oxbridge and other top universities, you will appreciate that there isn't a great deal of difference between those who get in and those who don't. You will be surprised at who gets a place and also who doesn't. At other top universities you will see the vast majority of people are very much passionate about their subject there is little difference between them and Oxbridge students in terms of intelligence, passion or anything to do with the individual.

It may seem like I am, but, trust me, after years on being on this site, having an adoration of a university does not get you into that particular university. Passion about your subject does. That I'm not worried about.

I'm worried about whether I'm actually intelligent enough.

I think if you are passionate about your subject, it doesn't matter if you study at Cambridge, UCL, Edinburgh etc. You will almost certainly be surrounded by a large number of people who care about their subject and education like you do. :smile:

There's a reason why some people get rejected from Oxbridge - they're not good enough.
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Yh C3 was the biggest surprise, as well as M1 and FP1. M1 was only slightly harder than normal and FP1 was standard apart from a 2 marker. I was hoping full UMS to be 70 in M2 but ah well, 2 marks or UMS?

Indeed and I'm thinking it'll be both really, I might still have a chance though as I'm hoping the examiners saw more in me than I did :redface:
Original post by jellybellys

I thought so :frown:
Reply 6408
Original post by King Hotpie
Ah, you go to a school which cares about its student then... :colone: Thank you, good luck to you to! I'm gonna need all the luck I can get...

Not really! Our school made us teach ourselves a whole module when exams were like the next week in Chemistry because they were so behind :frown:
But yeah, thank you!! I really need luck at the moment :frown:
Original post by QuietCoco
Nope. My English Lit exam was with them. It doesn't seem like a very popular board though.

My Lit exam was with WJEC also. Did you have them for GCSE English literature too?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I'm gonna be blunt.

If what you're saying is right, then Oxbridge don't want you anyway. Imperial don't want you. You don't belong there if you're not intelligent enough anyway. Boohoo.

Now people work to get where they are, you've "seen" the error of your ways... Maybe you can resit and try again.

So what are your views on me? Many people think I'm for Oxbridge, but guess what, I'm not going to go for the bloody name. I'm actually thinking about YORK, does that make.me stupid and unintelligent and impassionate?

It is a place where I will fit in. How is that different to people wanting to study at another university because they'll fit in?
Original post by -maria
Do you know anything about the wjec grade boundaries? Bit confused here..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Ollymurslove
I did WJEC media :smile:

Original post by Claree
I did wjec a2 music :erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by QuietCoco

Original post by cleverslacker
Physics here. everyone complains about them but I think they're k

Hey guys, I've been with WJEC for years now (since year nine :moon:)

They'll release their boundaries after 8am 15th August I'd say. You'll know when they're uploading because the link won't work...

Here's the link:
https://www.wjecservices.co.uk/MarkToUMS/default.aspx?l=en
Original post by jellybellys

aww shame :tongue:

tbh AQA went up in the morning last time , its OCR that went up at midnight so slightly confused as to why they are not up yet.

maybe i should go and play more Real Racing 3 , **** tends to happen when im not here hahahaaha
Reply 6413
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
That's a lot of exams :redface:, oh yh I forgot about the coursework element but boundaries are always high for those...

They are! :smile:
I actually have to sleep. Have my UKCAT exam tomorrow :frown:
Original post by cleverslacker
you are such a snob! you may feel that way but you're actually being really rude

What? There is an element in truth in what I'm saying.

Oxbridge people command my respect.
Reply 6416
Original post by Huntx
Haha, mark schemes for edexcel were out about 1 or 2 weeks back. Just go to xtremepapers edexcel forum

Just been on there, only goes up to 2010. If you have any can you upload or send me a link or something
Original post by Magenta96
My Lit exam was with WJEC too. Did you have them for GCSE English literature too?

I can't remember to be honest. How do you think you fared?
Original post by GCSE-help

I have mine tomorrow as well! I need to sleep but I can't :frown:
Original post by GCSE-help

GO TO SLEEP. that is so much more important that staying up for some stupid grade boundaries !! :smile:

Latest