The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by im so academic
It is a place where I will fit in. How is that different to people wanting to study at another university because they'll fit in?

No one goes to a uni to fit in. They go to study a subject they enjoy and learn about in great depth. They go to a uni that offers modules they like, that has societies they'd like to take part in. They don't choose one based on who else will be there.

You wouldn't fit in Oxbridge anyway if you claim to be so unintelligent now...

PM me please :smile:
Reply 6421
You know what I think I might just go to bed
Looks like exam boards are trolling us and I can't deal with being on edge for hours and nothing happening
Night guys
I might be back in a few minutes if I can't get to sleep
Original post by GCSE-help
I actually have to sleep. Have my UKCAT exam tomorrow :frown:

SLEEEEP!!:eek::eek:
Original post by Fas
GO TO SLEEP. that is so much more important that staying up for some stupid grade boundaries !! :smile:

You are right. It's in the afternoon though and I'm planning on getting around 6 hours sleep, hopefully. That's enough for me on exam days. Adrenaline seems to energise me during all exams. :smile:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
No one goes to a uni to fit in. They go to study a subject they enjoy and learn about in great depth. They go to a uni that offers modules they like, that has societies they'd like to take part in. They don't choose one based on who else will be there.

I do. You don't want to be at a university where you're unhappy, do you?

Bull****. Threads after threads after threads of people not giving a **** at university. I've had enough of those wasters already.
Original post by Fas
aww shame :tongue:

tbh AQA went up in the morning last time , its OCR that went up at midnight so slightly confused as to why they are not up yet.

maybe i should go and play more Real Racing 3 , **** tends to happen when im not here hahahaaha

I know right haha! had what looked quite a legitimate screenshot until someone pointed out GCSE boundaries which wouldn't be released yet! Yeah that's what I thought.
hahah yeah that's always the way! think i'm gonna head to bed haha. good luck with your results :smile:
Original post by GCSE-help
I actually have to sleep. Have my UKCAT exam tomorrow :frown:

GOOD LUCK. Go ace it! :king1:
Chillin, killin, trollin, lollin

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by QuietCoco
I can't remember to be honest. How do you think you fared?

They gave me the exact question I wanted and prepared for so I *should* do well hopefully, but if not then that's a bit embarrassing lol. You?
Ate ocr boundaries out? I'm too drunk to checks myself

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahhhhhhhh
Reply 6431
so annoyed, meh going to sleep/ checking it in the morning
Original post by TauMuon
Ate ocr boundaries out? I'm too drunk to checks myself

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thisss is the kinda person I like. Too drunk to give a ****. Nevermind people who have posters of oxford on their wall and pictures of lecturers as desktop backgrounds.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by im so academic
I do. You don't want to be at a university where you're unhappy, do you?

Bull****. Threads after threads after threads of people not giving a **** at university. I've had enough of those wasters already.

Why would you be unhappy in a uni that's not Oxbridge? People are intelligent elsewhere...

What's bull****? Someone going to do... Lets say Nuclear Engineering at Imperial, does that.mean they aren't passionate and are bad nerds? No.
Reply 6434
Original post by samjhill
thisss is the kinda person i like. Too drunk to give a ****. Nevermind people who have posters of oxford on their wall and pictures of lecturers as desktop backgrounds.

posted from tsr mobile

loool what losers
Reply 6435
Forget the grade boundaries ...its results day tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SamJHill
Thisss is the kinda person I like. Too drunk to give a ****. Nevermind people who have posters of oxford on their wall and pictures of lecturers as desktop backgrounds.

Posted from TSR Mobile

For the past couple of years, I will admit, I did have a slideshow of Oxbridge pictures as my desktop background.

What's wrong with that?
Why would you be unhappy in a uni that's not Oxbridge? People are intelligent elsewhere...

What's bull****? Someone going to do... Lets say Nuclear Engineering at Imperial, does that.mean they aren't passionate and are bad nerds? No.

Maybe, but they're not good enough compared to a Cambridge engineer. They didn't get into Cambridge, did they? They didn't do well in interview.
i'm assuming no grade boundaries tonight :frown:
Reply 6439

Part of the reason I'm so excited for Oxford is that I will (in theory) be surrounded by people sharing my interests, my passion and my general nerdiness - in other words I will fit in nicely. I hate to call you out mid debate but you're wrong on this. Lots of people choose universities they will feel at home at, and fit in nicely.

Latest