The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm get so confused by all these Additional Maths courses that people have took but noone on here seems to have taken AQA Level 2 Certificate in Further Maths.I should easily have gotten an A^ after going through the answers with my teacher.
8 days!

So worried about OCR Latin, AQA German, AQA English Literature and Edexcel A Geography! Did anyone do these?

xxx
If anyone did the FSMq Additional Mathematics from OCR, the grade boundaries are out. And they are quite high compared to last year's. Anyways here is the link : http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/142071-unit-level-raw-mark-grade-boundaries-june-2013.pdf
Page 28. :biggrin:
Reply 3063
Anyone been lucky enough to find the grade boundaries for OCR Additional Maths FSMQ yet? I've come across a PDF that has pretty much every single subject bar add maths...
Reply 3064
Original post by pinkgorilla
If anyone did the FSMq Additional Mathematics from OCR, the grade boundaries are out. And they are quite high compared to last year's. Anyways here is the link : http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/142071-unit-level-raw-mark-grade-boundaries-june-2013.pdf

Eek, thanks!
Reply 3065
Well that's me with an E if I'm lucky. I was hoping you could get a D with 35
An A* in GCSE Maths and a B/C in Additional Maths, that doesn't look great.
Original post by mollyh77
Hahah I'll be sure to remember that! :wink: We had curry on our last practice actually! Except, because it was only one night, we just got someone's mum to make it and then we put it in flasks :tongue: It kept pretty warm all day and was super tastey as well! Buuuut don't think it'll work this time round :rolleyes:
I'll have to be careful though - last time I boiled water and made black tea, but forgot it was hot and just drank it anyway and then spilt it down myself too..Ended up with a big burn on my lip and a slightly less severe burn on my chin..not a good look!

Haha that's quite stupid :lol: it rained on my practice and real one :frown: but it didn't bother me that much just when we had to put them away wet :s-smilie:
Reply 3068
I did CIE and got
English Language B (77%)
English Literature B (76%)
80% is an A

Is there point of remarking?
Also when can I resit these exams can I resit in November?
Thanks
Original post by alexSH
I did CIE and got
English Language B (77%)
80% is an A

Thanks

Is there a point of retaking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can't believe that a week from today grade boundaries come out so we can all prepare ourselves for doomsday! :P So close!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3071
The add Math grade boundaries are so high :frown:
What does everyone think they'll get? I'll be lucky for a B

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pinkgorilla

72 for A still seems possible. It was a hard exam, with most of us like myself making a few stupid mistakes, but there's a decent margin for error there...

What does seem harsh is 33% to avoid a U!

Thanks for the link! Hoping for other grade boundaries soon...
Original post by Elm Tree
Eurgh I'm going to have to hide my laughter when people get bad grades :s-smilie:

Aha, and what happens if you get bad grades?
Original post by THEMathlete

Think I got an E in PE

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooh how come? Did your school make you do it?
Original post by Ani97
The add Math grade boundaries are so high :frown:
What does everyone think they'll get? I'll be lucky for a B

Posted from TSR Mobile

They're higher than normal this year then? I thought 70 for an A, 60 for a B (etc) was pretty standard for this FSMQ...

What were they last year?
Original post by techno836
Haha that's quite stupid :lol: it rained on my practice and real one :frown: but it didn't bother me that much just when we had to put them away wet :s-smilie:

I know :frown: We had rain on our first day walk and it felt really warm so we took off our coats - except then the wind picked up and we were all soaked so we froze :tongue: Hopefully it doesn't rain this timee!
Reply 3077
Original post by alexSH
I did CIE and got
English Language B (77%)
80% is an A

Thanks

please remark!!! English is really subjective... so a different examiner might add loads of marks ( or take some away but you seem to be far enough into the B boundary so it wouldn't go down to a C)
it would be worth remarking in my opinion. i really regret not having a remark of my exam in jan but wasn't offered one and thought of it too late! You might only be able to retake the exam next summer...
Good luck :smile:
now i'm seriously scared for my english grades:s-smilie:
CCEA Additional Maths ftw. :cool:
Original post by Dalek1099
I'm get so confused by all these Additional Maths courses that people have took but noone on here seems to have taken AQA Level 2 Certificate in Further Maths.I should easily have gotten an A^ after going through the answers with my teacher.

How did you find each paper? :smile: I thought Paper 2 was slightly harder than Paper 1. I think I've done well in f.maths (hopefully A^) but I haven't been able to talk to anyone about how the exams went as I was the only candidate from my school... :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest