The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

OH I've got a question about AS. Maybe I should know this already but... well I don't lol so, when we get our AS results tomorrow does that include EPQ? And general RE?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6981
Original post by Robbie242

Spoiler

Thankyou, only just seen this now!
Original post by James A
Classy stuff by Edexcel, still haven't released anything.

They said last night they were waiting until midnight tonight.
Original post by x0x
Oh god, schools already know our results ... That shows that this year the results are even worse :frown:

Apparently it's an old article. Sorry for the confusion.
Reply 6984

Thankyou, only just seen this now!
Original post by ScarlettFierce
Edexcel why do you like to torture us? :frown:

if it wasnt for edexcel, I would have been so.chill waiting for results
Original post by PythianLegume
They said last night they were waiting until midnight tonight.

:frown:
Original post by Llewellyn
If you have read my grade boundaries thread (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2312329) then you will know it doesn't work like that.

The A boundary is 64 and the 100% is 72, so* it will scale linearly from A to 100%. So the 90 boundary is 68 (the halfway point).

* - because twice the difference between the A and the B is greater than the difference between the A and 100%

would you mind seeing if my way of predicting ums works, the annoying thing about the OCR document is it is based on a boundary of 10ums rather than A which holds 20ums? it's just on the previous page

Spoiler

Is this right? Is the conversion factor correct?

(edited 10 years ago)
Anyone else concerned about their handwriting? I've never had a problem with it before and its still about the same under timed conditions but I'm more worried now just cause it's so important!
Reply 6989
I had a results day dream last night and I got a C in maths, even though I have a guarenteed A* :s-smilie:
Reply 6991
I'm slightly worried how low the BIOL5 boundaries are. Makes me think that I've probably bombed on that paper :facepalm:
Original post by chloels
I had a results day dream last night and I got a C in maths, even though I have a guarenteed A* :s-smilie:

Oh that's a good one. :smile: When we had results coming in March I had a dream that I got a U in Chemistry and that my Chemistry teacher told everyone in assembly, but turned out I got an A. :P
Reply 6993
Original post by rm.xo
I'm slightly worried how low the BIOL5 boundaries are. Makes me think that I've probably bombed on that paper :facepalm:

same here, they seem to have gone down significantly!
Original post by charlie4590
Anyone else concerned about their handwriting? I've never had a problem with it before and its still about the same under timed conditions but I'm more worried now just cause it's so important!

Yes, me! My friends can't read my writing most of the time, I hope the examiners are good at reading bad handwriting :redface:
Everybody just relax as we've only got 1 day left to wait for our results so just have some fun and do anything you can to take your mind off the topic. Tomorrow will be the day for panicking or celebrating :biggrin:
Reply 6996
Anyone worried about the OCR chem f325? 75/100 for an A.
Higher than jan 2013 and I found that paper so much harder than jan!
If there are any Bristol firmers here, try checking your accommodation status. If, when you attempt to login, it says "You are not eligible to apply for Undergraduate accommodation online", then I think you've missed the offer. It says this for me now but when I logged in a couple of days ago it allowed me to check my status.
Original post by Goods
That was 15 years ago....

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't read it before posting it on this thread. I went on Google and typed in A Level results day 2013 and this was one of the first links, and I literally just read the title and posted it. After reading it fully, I felt completely ashamed. Sorry! :colondollar:
Original post by rm.xo

Omg same! I didn't find the exam too hard and thought it was one of my better exams? Now I'm really worried why the grade boundaries are so low :confused:

Latest