The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I hadn't felt truly panicked yet but today my stomach is in knots. I just want to stay in bed today but I stupidly volunteered myself for an 8 hour shift today to keep myself busy. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by brittanna
Thank you AQA for such nice chemistry ISA grade boundaries :grumble:. I mean, it's only 72% for an E and 96% for an A*.

On a slightly better note, I guess i'm okay with the CHEM 5 grade boundaries.

Can you please send me the link on Chem ISA grade boundaries. It seems like you can't get 0UMS in ISA if you score at least 1 mark?
Reply 7022
Original post by Potential Medic
AQA and OCR and Edexcel Maths. The other Edexcel ones are published at midnight. :smile:

Edexcel maths is technically not out...their maybe changes in the boundries, even if its by a couple of raw marks
Original post by ryanboi
Thats the last exam I need to check the grade boundaries for! How did you find the grade boundaries?

Persian Language A*
Accounting horrible and Business confused.

I'm just lucky I've already done my F.Maths and Maths. Takes away some of the pressures.
OCR MEI FP1 grade boundary is a bit high **** sake
PLEASE hurry up Edexcel biology and chemistry!!
Original post by rm.xo
I thought it was a hard exam. Not like realllly hard, I was more annoyed about the lack of unit 5 questions even though it was a unit 5 paper!

Yeah I must admit I thought there were too many graph type questions but still !! Biology is my strongest subject and the only subject I like to think I'm going to do ok in.... But now I'm not so sure ! Why do they do this too us :frown:
Original post by WalkingDead
It still allows me to check my status. Maybe just a temp glitch on yours?

I'm not certain, but since it allowed me to check it a couple of days ago I think it probably means I've been rejected. Not too gutted since my insurance is just as good. If I miss that offer as well, on the other hand...
Original post by ryanboi
Can you please send me the link on Chem ISA grade boundaries. It seems like you can't get 0UMS in ISA if you score at least 1 mark?

Here are the grade boundaries:

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-A-LEVEL-GDE-BDY-JUNE-2013.PDF

The one I was talking about was the A2 ISA. The AS was generally one mark lower. And no, if you score at least one mark, you can't get 0 UMS.

Here is the UMS converter if you want to see what UMS you get for each mark:

http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administration/about-results/uniform-mark-scale/convert-marks-to-ums.

The A2 exams aren't on here at the moment, but the AS ones are.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2412461

I don't know whether you have seen these or if you want to see these but this thread has all the edexcel mark schemes.

Enjoy

and good luck:wink:
Original post by venenecinema
If there are any Bristol firmers here, try checking your accommodation status. If, when you attempt to login, it says "You are not eligible to apply for Undergraduate accommodation online", then I think you've missed the offer. It says this for me now but when I logged in a couple of days ago it allowed me to check my status.

Thanks for the tip!! I haven't applied for accommodation so was wondering at what part of the application stage you were at? If i can log in and start selecting preferences for accommodation is that past the stage you mentioned that it said 'you are not eligble to apply" or do i keep going to reach that stage? Cheers :biggrin:
Original post by Ché.
Nice, little plans going on there!
In the similar positions to you at the moment too but I am wondering why you have to buy your own ones!?
Doesn't your school supply you with one for ray subject!? Or...
Is it just mine that is one that does!?

What subjects are you awaiting and what grades are predicting from your perspective?
:biggrin::wink::frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is your school private/independent or an academy? That might be why. Our school makes us pay for everything, we can apply for bursaries to help but only the poorest of students can get them (which is the right thing). Yeah, my textbooks cost me £20 a piece and that's 3 subjects for next year, with 2 sides to each course. REALLY EXPENSIVE.

In terms of grades, I've just finished my AS and I'm awaiting grades from History, Politics, Economics and English Literature. All with AQA except Economics with OCR. I'm expecting to do ok, this is my first EVER results at this stage, as I didn't need to do any January exams- so I'm quite anxious. Hoping to get an A in Politics, A in Economics and hopefully at least a B in the other two.

To be honest, If I don't do as well as expected I'll just take in on the chin and accept that I didn't work as hard as I could have, and I'm going to turn things around next year to get my Uni requirement which range from AAA to ABB. :smile: :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

What about you?
Original post by Divergent

Thank you, OCR, for making the Philosophy A2 boundary low :biggrin:.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7033
Original post by danmux
does anyone know if they tell you your grades when you pick up the results slip - or is it just module UMS - and we have to add them up?

ftr... hers an example provisional slip for AQA...

http://store.aqa.org.uk/over/pdf/AQA-CANDIDATE-STATEMENT-PROV-RESULTS.PDF
Original post by Jlane5000
Thanks for the tip!! I haven't applied for accommodation so was wondering at what part of the application stage you were at? If i can log in and start selecting preferences for accommodation is that past the stage you mentioned that it said 'you are not eligble to apply" or do i keep going to reach that stage? Cheers :biggrin:

I have fully applied for the accommodation, choosing my halls etc. I'm not sure if it'd be relevant if you haven't applied yet. No idea why it's using that wording and telling me that I can't apply when I already have done - I assume that they just reset it for people who have already been rejected.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7035
are edexcel n ocr grade boundaries out yet?
Reply 7036
I've found the aqa grade boundaries anyone got ocr they can link

Posted from TSR Mobile
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2312329

OCR and AQA have been updated on the grade boundaries thread. Come on edexcel we need you
Just to let you guys know, you can see the conversion of each raw mark for AQA here!

http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administration/about-results/uniform-mark-scale/convert-marks-to-ums

It's only working for AS though, the A2 marks haven't been uploaded.

Latest