The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by InadequateJusticex
Where is everyone finding the ocr boundaries!? I cant find them on the site :frown:

Here you go:

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/142071-unit-level-raw-mark-grade-boundaries-june-2013.pdf

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by InadequateJusticex
Where is everyone finding the ocr boundaries!? I cant find them on the site :frown:

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/142071-unit-level-raw-mark-grade-boundaries-june-2013.pdf
Reply 7122
Original post by Cwestby
But 96% for an A* in the ISA :frown:

That was to be expected though? :confused:
Original post by Robbie242
I've definitely lost 2 from the calculation question and the probability of me not losing any additional marks seems impossible

:console:

Original post by MathsNerd1
Indeed but it'll probably be towards the lower end of the range which will still be one of the best results in my school :tongue:

:ahee:

I'm looking at aqa boundaries now, then OCR.
I cant believe OCR are being so silly with the F322 grade boundaries, saying that im still pretty confident i got 89+, but with high grade boundaries my UMS wont be as high

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone?

Where's the nifty UMS convertor on here? :frown:

I'm freaking outtt...
Original post by MathsNerd1
Fair enough, its not worrying me just nice to know I've got such a range really :tongue: And I'm sure you'll get your offer, mine is A*A*A2 or A*AA1 so I think I'll most likely get A*AA3 which will get me into my insurance but quite doubtful about my firm, oh well I at least gave it a shot :tongue:

I had to convince myself not to aim for A*s during this thing, because in January I thought 'I'm going to get 90%< in this Geography exam' and I just bottled it because I expected to do too much. I retook that Geography exam to get an A in it, but if I get any A*s it'll be a great surprise :smile:.

What are your firm and insurance? My firm is Edinburgh, and Insurance is Nottingham (AAB).
Original post by Futuristicmedic
90/120 for an A in F335 may as well jump off a bridge

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know right!!! They jumped a grade boundary in Jan F334 as well, it used to be low 60's was an A, then it jumped to 71 being an A. And now they have done it again, my heart sank. For F335 for all my past papers to get an A it was low 80's, now its jumped to 90/120 and a low 80 is barley scraping a B!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:
Reply 7129
Original post by AmyLH
That was to be expected though? :confused:

True, but it is still utterly ridiculous!
Reply 7130
Original post by Divergent
Anyone?

Where's the nifty UMS convertor on here? :frown:

I'm freaking outtt...

Aqa http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administration/about-results/uniform-mark-scale/convert-marks-to-ums

only a2 exams have been put up for June 13
Original post by Fas
haha what the **** ! did you get it remarked ?

haha i hope so :smile: yeah i know right , went there on an Open Day and it was really nice , plus one of the students there said you get fibre-optic broadband there so i was like ' :cool::cool::cool::cool:' you'll have bossed it mate ! yeah same , i could end up with BBBB at worst case scenario in which case i'll be really dissapointed.

erm , UCL , York are my other two options , not thought of a 5th yet :smile: where abouts you thinking of applying ?

Nope I didn't. My teacher told me that once we get the paper back we couldn't remark. :confused:

Oh I didn't know that, but I'm not complaining :tongue:. Mm true, I seriously hope that everyone is pleased on Results day; I hate it when you've done really well and your friends are disappointed or your friends have done really well and you haven't. Plus I can see the stress that many Year 13s are going through and they've put so much effort into getting their offers. :frown: I think they deserve to get the grades.

Oh wow! :biggrin: I'm deffo applying to Notts and Keele. Then maybe Manchester, Imperial or Southampton. But lately I've been considering a gap year as well. Hopefully Results day will give me a better idea. :smile:
Original post by L'Evil Fish

:ahee:

I'm looking at aqa boundaries now, then OCR.

Very nice, well all will be revealed tomorrow :biggrin:
Reply 7133
Why do CCEA never change their grade boundaries?

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Salters Chemistry boundaries are absolutely absurd!! They've jumped a lot. Oh **** you salters, really **** you :frown: :frown:
Original post by Jlane5000
I know right!!! They jumped a grade boundary in Jan F334 as well, it used to be low 60's was an A, then it jumped to 71 being an A. And now they have done it again, my heart sank. For F335 for all my past papers to get an A it was low 80's, now its jumped to 90/120 and a low 80 is barley scraping a B!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

I'm just in despair now. How on earth did that paper merit 90/120 for an A? This has to be politically motivated; how else can they justify a rise in boundaries for 3 successive exam seasons? :frown:
Hi, I have a question:

Is it possible for you to apply for a course via clearing at a university which you have missed the offer for another course?

I.e: you have the grades for the course which is in clearing for that university but you have missed the offer for the other course which you originally applied for and got an offer though but you missed the offer.

Thanks
Reply 7138
c4 edexcel I am right in seeing 68 for 90 UMS
Reply 7139
Original post by abzy1234
The Salters Chemistry boundaries are absolutely absurd!! They've jumped a lot. Oh **** you salters, really **** you :frown: :frown:

The OCR A ones are terrible as well

Latest