Yeah sure

Ok 67-90
68-92
69-93
70-95
71-97
72-98
73+ gives 100

One more favour, can you check what 50/75 for S1 was?
Reply 901
oh wow, those OCR boundaries for maths are so low it would be a sin to not get an A*! good luck everyone
Original post by Jimmy20002012
What does everyone think about the OCR Chemistry F322 exam, 82/100 pretty high :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very suprising, still think I got an A, but the Ums wont be as high as I wanted :frown:
Original post by NedStark
Worst bit with OCR is we can't tell what it needs for 90 UMS, I'm guessing if we add 5 marks so 54 and 49. Looking even worse for Macro now.

Don't suppose you do AQA Physics?

i've added 5 and assumed 54 , however it depends on how well people did at the top end haha - judging from that boundary loads scored 50+ on this paper. and i can almost guarantee that there is no chance in hell i have got anywhere near 54 , if i'm lucky and the MS is lenient and shizzle then i'll be able to hit maybe 52 at ABSOLUTE BEST ? :tongue:

nah man , got rid of science at the fastest possible time haha
Original post by Robbie242
54/60 is 90ums I believe

Since you do Maths(+FM) & Econ, how do you think you've done on the 3? (UMS-wise)
Reply 905
In AQA Physics A, do you need 80% UMS overall at AS and 90% UMS overall at A2 to achieve an A* ?
Original post by niceguy95
Very suprising, still think I got an A, but the Ums wont be as high as I wanted :frown:

Yeah I wanted at least 130 ums, think I got around 85-88 marks, what ums would I get? Good luck with your results :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 907
Since you do Maths(+FM) & Econ, how do you think you've done on the 3? (UMS-wise)

for maths 97
for further maths 91.3reccuring
for economics 85ums
Same here bro, I believe macro in Jan was 48/60 and even then that was an easy exam but this one had very challenging aspects to it. Hopefully not lol, I need this one to be at least 76 ums for an A overall.

this one had an absolute **** for an essay , plus a couple of weird questions in the first section. that tbh should be enough to lower boundaries to like 46 ish , but no cos it's OCR ,let's stick the ****ing paper at the highest boundary ever ****ing recorded !

hahaha im gonna smack a wall in a minute lol - yeah you'll have got 76 easily bud :smile:
Original post by jamzzster
In AQA Physics A, do you need 80% UMS overall at AS and 90% UMS overall at A2 to achieve an A* ?

Sort of, it is what you said but if you do well in A2 eg. you get 95%, then the extra 5% will boost you AS UMS, if you follow me.

So it's not set in stone that you need 80% at AS, you could theoretically get 70% at AS, 100% at A2 then it would get an overall A* since the excess 10% from A2 boosts the AS.
sad times for those who stayed up
all night for edexcel only to find out they will be up tomorrow
Reply 911
Original post by Fas
this one had an absolute **** for an essay , plus a couple of weird questions in the first section. that tbh should be enough to lower boundaries to like 46 ish , but no cos it's OCR ,let's stick the ****ing paper at the highest boundary ever ****ing recorded !

hahaha im gonna smack a wall in a minute lol - yeah you'll have got 76 easily bud :smile:

I know the essay was awful. The first section had some nice but some annoying questions nonetheless, 1 of the comment questions caused me trouble so I'm not putting high hopes for high ums. OCR make us wait until the morning for an awful boundary -.-

Lool I don't blame you, and cheers!
for maths 97
for further maths 91.3reccuring
for economics 85ums

You giving Cambridge a go? (If you do, for maths I take it?)

I know the essay was awful. The first section had some nice but some annoying questions nonetheless, 1 of the comment questions caused me trouble so I'm not putting high hopes for high ums. OCR make us wait until the morning for an awful boundary -.-

Lool I don't blame you, and cheers!

What really stood out was in Macro, there was no AD/AS diagram question. So how the grade boundaries are so high, I don't know because usually those diagram questions are free marks.

The joke is, that I got the diagram question wrong in micro though. Should have shifted both Demand and Supply but I just shifted one. :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 913
Anyone else who did accn4? 79/90 for an A and 84/90 for an A*. Bloody high.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 914
Isn't it so typical of Edexcel to not publish their grade boundaries yet, on their twitter it said it would have been published at 00.01!
I am liking those A2 Philosophy boundaries from OCR... 50/70 for 80 UMS :colone:
Reply 916
AQA Geography a bit lower

AQA PE a lot higher, in fact an A last year would get you a B.

OCR Latin is quite bog standard, maybe a little lower than expected

Edexcel Maths I think is very nice

Having seen these my new prediction will be - AABB
Original post by leannesagoodman
Tell you what, they're really nice, but if we all get bad results now then we'll know just how badly we've done to have gotten such a low mark. But hopefully that won't happen!

Oh dear :redface: The whole country must have found these June exams reasonably tough!
Reply 918
Original post by Jimmy20002012
What does everyone think about the OCR Chemistry F322 exam, 82/100 pretty high :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

And it was 72/100 in jan. so not fair lol :frown:
Reply 919
You giving Cambridge a go? (If you do, for maths I take it?)

What really stood out was in Macro, there was no AD/AS diagram question. So how the grade boundaries are so high, I don't know because usually those diagram questions are free marks.

The joke is, that I got the diagram question wrong in micro though. Should have shifted both Demand and Supply but I just shifted one. :frown:

Yeah definitely, a bit dissapointed at the effect S1 has on my FM average but its not that bad, econ is the one that stands out but who needs a-level economics for a maths degree :ninja:. It's only 1 out of 5 at the end of the day, I'd happily go to Warwick nearly as much as Cambridge.

I noticed this also, though there were quite a few nice questions on inflation which were really easy to answer, I liked also that protectionism as I recall was only really a theme in the essay? and other then that the question that threw me off was the comment on macroeconomic objective one.

Ah well whats done is done

Quick Reply

Latest