The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lorem Ipsum
I had to convince myself not to aim for A*s during this thing, because in January I thought 'I'm going to get 90%< in this Geography exam' and I just bottled it because I expected to do too much. I retook that Geography exam to get an A in it, but if I get any A*s it'll be a great surprise :smile:.

What are your firm and insurance? My firm is Edinburgh, and Insurance is Nottingham (AAB).

Fair enough, I did the opposite as I've pretty much banked on 2 A*'s for Maths and Further Maths so I told all my peers I would be disappointed if I only got A's in them, they weren't very happy when I said that but everyone has different expectations and capabilities and mine were to easily get 2 A*'s and maybe even a third but I've lost 1 of my A*'s by a few marks it seems :redface: Oh well and my firm is Warwick and Insurance is Nottingham for A*AB which I'm 99.99% certain I've got :tongue: I hope you get into your firm :biggrin:
Original post by chloels
Both my firm and my insurance is for Cardiff university, normally on my profile it shows the details for my firm and underneath it shows the details for my insurance. However, I just logged in and it now only shows the details for my firm, omg I hope this is a good sign!!

Are you talking about your ucas track profile?
Guys how many ums for a b in ocr AS chemistry?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bunny96
The OCR A ones are terrible as well

How were the papers like? I'm just so worried now that'll I miss my grades for chemistry. I mean what does it say of the exam body if they always raise the boundaries? Do they not have consistency? I really didn't feel that the exams were getting easier as well :frown:
Say you have 2 units for A2 right?
So the A* boundaries for the papers have been released.

For an A* can I get an A and an A* (to give an A* avergae) or would it have to be BOTH A*s?
Original post by abzy1234
I'm just in despair now. How on earth did that paper merit 90/120 for an A? This has to be politically motivated; how else can they justify a rise in boundaries for 3 successive exam seasons? :frown:

100% political!! since they are scrapping jan exams we are the first year who cannot retake f335 in jan, so my teacher was convinced they would be a little kinder with the grade boundaries, but alas :frown:
Original post by Ayesharaja
Guys how many ums for a b in ocr AS chemistry?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

As far as I know it's like the same for nearly all subjects, 240/300 for an A and 210/300 for a B :smile:
I feel like throwing up. F325 boundaries are way higher than I expected :cry:
Reply 7148
Original post by ThatScienceGuy
I cant believe OCR are being so silly with the F322 grade boundaries, saying that im still pretty confident i got 89+, but with high grade boundaries my UMS wont be as high

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're right, they are really high, but if you are certain you have gotten an A then you shouldn't be worrying!
I think I have got around 75, so I could end up with a C and I really need a B :frown:
Original post by InadequateJusticex

Don't you think they're fair though?
Reply 7150
No hourly countdown?! I am disappoint.
Original post by bunny96
The OCR A ones are terrible as well

Yeah I'd have to agree, OCR Chemistry A grade boundaries aren't as generous as before. Thankfully the OCR A Biology grade boundaries are pretty nice, the first biology exam was ridiculous.
Original post by Divergent
Say you have 2 units for A2 right?
So the A* boundaries for the papers have been released.

For an A* can I get an A and an A* (to give an A* avergae) or would it have to be BOTH A*s?

I'm only doing AS, but my teacher told me that you have to get an average of 90% across your A2 units. So for Maths if you got 100 UMS in C3 you would only need 80 UMS in C4 to get an A* overall. :smile: So in your case I think yes.
Reply 7153
Original post by InadequateJusticex

I agree I thought 68-70 would be 120 ums
Cba to read through anyone know what time WJEC are out??
can someone upload edexcel grade boundaries if they are out please thabks
Original post by Jlane5000
100% political!! since they are scrapping jan exams we are the first year who cannot retake f335 in jan, so my teacher was convinced they would be a little kinder with the grade boundaries, but alas :frown:

And it's always our year that faces the brunt of things that the government does. Really, if I get a grade that would've been higher in all the past years, I'll be seriously annoyed.

I'm sure the vast majority of people on the F335 thread found it, at best, average? :frown:
Reply 7157
Original post by abzy1234
How were the papers like? I'm just so worried now that'll I miss my grades for chemistry. I mean what does it say of the exam body if they always raise the boundaries? Do they not have consistency? I really didn't feel that the exams were getting easier as well :frown:

The exam was relatively straightforward, though 82 for an A is a lot higher than usual!
I'm really worried as well :frown: What do you need/ think you'll get?
Reply 7158
Good luck to everyone getting their AS or A2 results.
Reply 7159
Original post by James A
AS you mean :tongue: :tongue:

I don't know how you can see the AS ones, I can only see A2
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest