All boundaries seem nice :dontknow:

Except:
English on OCR
Economics Unit 2 OCR
Langages on AQA

So far:redface:
Original post by Divergent
Say you have 2 units for A2 right?
So the A* boundaries for the papers have been released.

For an A* can I get an A and an A* (to give an A* avergae) or would it have to be BOTH A*s?

It all boils down to your total ums score.

You need to average 90% ums in your A2 modules (this includes coursework I think) to get an A*.
Original post by James A
AS you mean :tongue: :tongue:

Actually I can see both AS and A2. Try opening it in a different browser, that's what I did
Original post by rm.xo
I don't know how you can see the AS ones, I can only see A2

I can only see the AS ones, not the A2.

Strange........
Original post by abzy1234
And it's always our year that faces the brunt of things that the government does. Really, if I get a grade that would've been higher in all the past years, I'll be seriously annoyed.

I'm sure the vast majority of people on the F335 thread found it, at best, average? :frown:

Didnt you think im the 80s was a bit low for an A though? Made f335 easier than f334 you shouldnt be dropping almost 40 marks and getting an A tbh, just gotta deal with it...harsh I know

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7165
Original post by InadequateJusticex
I feel like throwing up. F325 boundaries are way higher than I expected :cry:

I totally agree! Also I found june 13 a lot harder than jan 13 in F325 and they were lower for Jan ! 82/100 for an A in F322 as well...cheers OCR you prats!
Original post by bunny96
The exam was relatively straightforward, though 82 for an A is a lot higher than usual!
I'm really worried as well :frown: What do you need/ think you'll get?

Ouch, what's the exam out of?

I need to get an A in the three units that I did... Now looking at these wholly stupid boundaries, perhaps I'll only get an A in one :frown:

Hey ho, we can't do nothing now but rant in vexation. Tomorrow we'll find out :smile:
Original post by MathsNerd1
Don't you think they're fair though?

I think it shouldve been 80-81 for an A*, not 83 ugh. It was nearly as hard as jan and A* was 77
Original post by L'Evil Fish

Except:
English on OCR
Economics Unit 2 OCR
Langages on AQA

People would say OCR A Chemistry ones are too high because the exams were challenging but I personally think its about right for the difficulty of the papers really
Edexcel boundaries are quite interesting. Very pleased with the low boundaries for M1 and M2.

C3 ones are shocking, but was kind of expected after the post exam reaction.

Really disappointed with the S4 boundaries. Was a difficult paper and the boundaries are very, very high.
People would say OCR A Chemistry ones are too high because the exams were challenging but I personally think its about right for the difficulty of the papers really

Seconded.
Original post by Dorkins
Actually I can see both AS and A2. Try opening it in a different browser, that's what I did

I can see it using Windows Explorer now :tongue:
Original post by InadequateJusticex
I think it shouldve been 80-81 for an A*, not 83 ugh. It was nearly as hard as jan and A* was 77

I disapprove about it being nearly as hard as Jan's, there were only 2-3 parts of the questions which were actually challenging, the rest seemed pretty standard really.
Reply 7173
Ouch, what's the exam out of?

I need to get an A in the three units that I did... Now looking at these wholly stupid boundaries, perhaps I'll only get an A in one :frown:

Hey ho, we can't do nothing now but rant in vexation. Tomorrow we'll find out :smile:

The exam is out of 100 :frown:
I really hope you do get an A in all three of them! Good luck with your Chemistry :smile:

Except:
English on OCR
Economics Unit 2 OCR
Langages on AQA

When you say unit 2, are you talking about AS? The macro one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by James A
I can only see the AS ones, not the A2.

Strange........

They're both there!:yy:

Fair enough.
Original post by PythianLegume
Seconded.

You're on my list :mmm: how do you think you've done?
Original post by ElChapo
Didnt you think im the 80s was a bit low for an A though? Made f335 easier than f334 you shouldnt be dropping almost 40 marks and getting an A tbh, just gotta deal with it...harsh I know

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I don't think it was. If you look at F335 papers, they're quite difficult, as they throw absolutely random synoptic crap into it- look at the 2012 papers, it had something to do with anhydrides which no one really had a clue :/

Plus the calculations were really weird this time round. I know we have to deal with it. But I just feel let down that OCR have jumped it up so much, without a prior year, I feel this shows inconsistency. If grade boundaries are always going up, that sends a very negative message out.
And it's always our year that faces the brunt of things that the government does. Really, if I get a grade that would've been higher in all the past years, I'll be seriously annoyed.

I'm sure the vast majority of people on the F335 thread found it, at best, average? :frown:

Yep i'd say typical F335 paper, so grade boundaries should have been similar to every previous year, trust it to be us lol :rolleyes:
Why is D2 not included in the OCR list of A2 modules (http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/142072-a2-units-showing-90-percent-conversion-points-june-2013.pdf)? Bearing in mind that it has been for all other exam seasons.
(edited 10 years ago)

Fair enough.

I'm off now so speak later

Latest