The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

how many marks was the n20 molecule question?
and the question on nh4 and all those oxidation states- if i got one answer incorrect- oxidation state for nitrogen in one of em. i forgot what it was.
Original post by NielsBohrsDad
how many marks was the n20 molecule question?
and the question on nh4 and all those oxidation states- if i got one answer incorrect- oxidation state for nitrogen in one of em. i forgot what it was.

Can't remember, sorry
Original post by cheetahs56
Hmmmm, don't think so as it was only 3-4 marks in total. Doesn't matter anyway, <75 should be comfortable A so you can afford to drop marks:smile:

P.S can someone ost grade boundary predictions poll?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats good! Looking for a A to make up for the B in F333 (course work)

Didn't think the paper was too bad
Reply 1363
Original post by User32432432
Thats good! Looking for a A to make up for the B in F333 (course work)

Didn't think the paper was too bad

Yeah same, I need an A to make up for B in F333 too! What mark do you reckon you got roughly?:smile:
Hi

I took the same paper.
For the last question was the answer all in the article like everyone copied out?!
& i wrote some of my answers all over the place like arrows going from everything because i ran out of space and some answers were below the given lines i was given to write my answer in will this be a problem?

I really need an A for this exam!!
Original post by NielsBohrsDad
Hi

I took the same paper.
For the last question was the answer all in the article like everyone copied out?!
& i wrote some of my answers all over the place like arrows going from everything because i ran out of space and some answers were below the given lines i was given to write my answer in will this be a problem?

I really need an A for this exam!!

I copied it out and if you indicated there is something written outside the boundaries then I think the examiners should be kind enough to request to see your paper. For future reference though you should ask for more paper if there's none at the back. I need an A too but I messed up too much:frown:. Good luck though:smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by madrevision
I copied it out and if you indicated there is something written outside the boundaries then I think the examiners should be kind enough to request to see your paper. For future reference though you should ask for more paper if there's none at the back. I need an A too but I messed up too much:frown:. Good luck though:smile:

so if for example the last 3 lines of my answer were all at the bottom of the given space, with arrows and stuff to still try and save space and i mentioned 2 main points in hrer- would i only be losing 2 marks worst comes to worst?

& also, if my answers had arrows and stuff going from place to place but was still readable in the middle of the given space not at the end or beginning would i lose any marks, do they still mark this or what?

Thanks mate
Reply 1367
A B C D E
82 73 65 57 49

82 for an A, highest it ever has been!
Disgusting.
Original post by Login
A B C D E
82 73 65 57 49

82 for an A, highest it ever has been!
Disgusting.

EXACTLY. ****ING ****! :mad::mad:
Oh **** you salters. Really **** you.
Well, I suppose I should start downgrading my university choices now...

Spoiler

Original post by King Hotpie
Well, I suppose I should start downgrading my university choices now...

Spoiler

I think Salters has destroyed my chances into getting into university :frown:
Original post by abzy1234
I think Salters has destroyed my chances into getting into university :frown:

It's unbelievable, the OCR advancing physics ones are stupidly high as well. OCR really are a horrendous exam board, this paper was of average difficulty at best, I've certainly done easier past papers.
It's unbelievable, the OCR advancing physics ones are stupidly high as well. OCR really are a horrendous exam board, this paper was of average difficulty at best, I've certainly done easier past papers.

Ouch. You know what they should do? If grade boundaries go up by a minimum of 5 marks of the average, they should explain the reason so. But knowing how politically motivated exam boards are, they really wouldn't give a damn.

I guess dude, we can't do anything about it, but wait to see what this means for us tomorrow :frown:
Ouch. You know what they should do? If grade boundaries go up by a minimum of 5 marks of the average, they should explain the reason so. But knowing how politically motivated exam boards are, they really wouldn't give a damn.

I guess dude, we can't do anything about it, but wait to see what this means for us tomorrow :frown:

It's ridiculous having more than 1 exam board, it's blatantly unfair when things like this happen. Because of me unbelievably irritating school we have to wait until Friday for AS results, so that's going to be 48 hours of pure panic. Good luck for tomorrow, we're going to need it... :mad:
This was the worse paper I ever answered for F332 and it has the highest boundary. Not gone well. ****.
It's ridiculous having more than 1 exam board, it's blatantly unfair when things like this happen. Because of me unbelievably irritating school we have to wait until Friday for AS results, so that's going to be 48 hours of pure panic. Good luck for tomorrow, we're going to need it... :mad:

I totally agree with you- it doesn't take a smart person to understand that multiple exam boards cause unwanted competition, which will inherently cause unfairness. Our exam system in this country is so messed up.

Omg, that's awful! Why do you have to wait an extra day? I would chain myself to the gates to protest :tongue: Good luck trying to wait! :smile:
I totally agree with you- it doesn't take a smart person to understand that multiple exam boards cause unwanted competition, which will inherently cause unfairness. Our exam system in this country is so messed up.

Omg, that's awful! Why do you have to wait an extra day? I would chain myself to the gates to protest :tongue: Good luck trying to wait! :smile:

Our school thinks it'll be a great idea to focus on A2 tomorrow, whilst casually chucking us AS people on the pile. To make it worse, we planned our holiday around the proper results day, so I'm on holiday on the Friday, and have to wait for them to finish everyone else in AS, and finally get round to emailing me my results!

Don't worry, we have Gove to fix it all for us now! Oh god, I don't think I've ever felt so bitter at something before now, but it really is unbelievable. It's no wonder British education is fast declining compared to other countries...
Our school thinks it'll be a great idea to focus on A2 tomorrow, whilst casually chucking us AS people on the pile. To make it worse, we planned our holiday around the proper results day, so I'm on holiday on the Friday, and have to wait for them to finish everyone else in AS, and finally get round to emailing me my results!

Don't worry, we have Gove to fix it all for us now! Oh god, I don't think I've ever felt so bitter at something before now, but it really is unbelievable. It's no wonder British education is fast declining compared to other countries...

That's such an unlucky position! See, that's why I don't get why schools or exam boards can universally email results out to candidates, instead of bloody old fashioned envelope means. It'll be so, so, more convenient!

Well Gove is defiantly not gonna last after 2015, Tories are most likely to lose; and then we'll have the circle again. Labour will oppose some, we go back, and there you are, repeat that cycle. We've never had a frank discussion about our education system; we're far too *politically scared* to do so :/
That's such an unlucky position! See, that's why I don't get why schools or exam boards can universally email results out to candidates, instead of bloody old fashioned envelope means. It'll be so, so, more convenient!

Well Gove is defiantly not gonna last after 2015, Tories are most likely to lose; and then we'll have the circle again. Labour will oppose some, we go back, and there you are, repeat that cycle. We've never had a frank discussion about our education system; we're far too *politically scared* to do so :/

I despair for Britain... Our politicians spend more time trying to get and stay in power than actually doing anything constructive. If there's one good thing about going to university, regardless of how good a Uni it's going to be now, it's getting away from the god awful public education system.

Latest