The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

HELP ME!!!! HELP HELP HELP!

I just got my A level results and my ENGLISH is UNGRADED. I took both AS level and A level together. I'm just wondering, is it possible that it is because of my penmanship? My teacher said she expected an A from me. If so, if I get remarked, would it still possible change despite the bad penmanship or will it just be treated as it was?
Original post by Divergent
Because of STUPID AQA increasing the Biology ISA boundary by 2 marks means I've probably got a B overall.

I needed AAB..

I'm looking at getting BBB

I'm screwed.

Wish I hadn't seen those grade boundaries because I'm depressed and stressed out now.

You're so going to get an A in philosophy.
Original post by smithstefan1995
No Edexcel grade boundaries yet?

Oddly enough, no. They're usually the earliest out as well :/
Original post by kylejknight
HELP ME!!!! HELP HELP HELP!

I just got my A level results and my ENGLISH is UNGRADED. I took both AS level and A level together. I'm just wondering, is it possible that it is because of my penmanship? My teacher said she expected an A from me. If so, if I get remarked, would it still possible change despite the bad penmanship or will it just be treated as it was?

If you think you did better than nothing, then yes, let a senior examiner look at it.
Original post by abzy1234
Oddly enough, no. They're usually the earliest out as well :/

I spoke to Edexcel via email, they said the boundaries are coming out at 2AM tomorrow morning. So don't lose any sleep.
Original post by L'Evil Fish
A2 units I thought were steep in A*! The orals anyway
Oh I hadn't looked at the A2 units. I would expect them to be high, with the amount of nationals that sit languages it makes it really hard to get A*'s for others.
Almost too knackered to stress out about exams now, just came back from a vicious bike ride.
I'm pooped.
Cookies and a cat nap on the agenda for today.
Best of luck, everyone. If if all goes to pot for us, then we can organise a mass exodus to Thailand or something. :console:
Original post by Lorem Ipsum
If you think you did better than nothing, then yes, let a senior examiner look at it.

But what if it was ungraded because of the penmanship? Do you think it would be different for a senior examiner? Or would it still end up ungraded because of the penmanship? Is it even possible for it to be ungraded because of the penmanship?
Reply 7208
Original post by Tanmayee
I'm out and my 3G signal is fairly slow. (only the TSR app seems to be not-so-slow) Would someone please be so kind as to let me know whether the AQA PHYA5 grade boundaries are lower/higher than usual? :smile: much appreciated!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Slightly lower for PHYA5 - A.
50 for an A:smile:
You're so going to get an A in philosophy.

:frown: I hope so... It's what I'm counting on for for uni!

I need 48/70 for an A overall from the Philosophy paper and 54/70 on the New Testament.. and I read the question wrong and got my essay all wrong. I wrote about Jesus' audience, not Mark's audience :frown:

Eh.. I'm going to get my hair done in a bit to try calm down.. but I am SO nervous right now..

Plus looking at my accommodation application for Bath on the tracker which has suddenly vanished makes me think they rejected me :frown: :cry2::cry2::cry2::cry::cry::cry:
I spoke to Edexcel via email, they said the boundaries are coming out at 2AM tomorrow morning. So don't lose any sleep.

Ah cheers for that! But that sounds quite weird... Any explanation? Or are we going to see another grade boundary fiasco :colone:
Reply 7211
Original post by Flowerii
Almost too knackered to stress out about exams now, just came back from a vicious bike ride.
I'm pooped.
Cookies and a cat nap on the agenda for today.
Best of luck, everyone. If if all goes to pot for us, then we can organise a mass exodus to Thailand or something. :console:

Here, here.
What are my chances of getting an unconditional offer from my firm if my grades are A*A*AA and my offer is AAA? My offer needs me to have an A in maths which is the A2 result I'm waiting for but I'm afraid I might end up with a B.
Input appreciated! :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7213

You might as well just wait for the actual results by then right?
Original post by sneha.vag
What are my chances of getting an unconditional offer from my firm if my grades are A*A*AA and my offer is AAA? My offer needs me to have an A in maths which is the A2 result I'm waiting for but I'm afraid I might end up with a B.
Input appreciated! :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Umm, if you get A*A*AA and your offer is AAA, then you've done better than your offer...
Does anyone know if the Edexcel and AQA grade boundaries have been released for AS Level yet? Sorry, I'm rubbish at using exam board websites!
Original post by Potential Medic
For AQA Biology Unit 2 you need 72 marks out of 85 to get full UMS and for Chemistry Unit 2 you need 99 marks out of 100 to get full UMS. I thought some of you might want to know as not everyone is able to access the UMS convertor. :smile:

Thanks for that!

Biology is so low :biggrin:
But Chemistry is ridiculously high even though I thought it was a hard paper! :frown:
Original post by PythianLegume
Umm, if you get A*A*AA and your offer is AAA, then you've done better than your offer...

I think she was referring to the part about the subject specific requirement i.e. maths
Original post by daisystones
Does anyone know if the Edexcel and AQA grade boundaries have been released for AS Level yet? Sorry, I'm rubbish at using exam board websites!

I know the AQA ones have been released! :smile:
Original post by daisystones

Edexcel Maths is out , and the AQA and OCR boundaries are out - if you go to the Grade Boundaries thread , the links for AQA and OCR are on page one :smile:

Latest