The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

If AQA don't give me a grade tomorrow.. they should expect their building to be on fire at about 9am.
I live around the corner from it :devil::devil:
Reply 7221
Is anyone planning to go Queen Mary University Of London?
Another 12 hours of waiting for edexcel now
Original post by Divergent
If AQA don't give me a grade tomorrow.. they should expect their building to be on fire at about 9am.
I live around the corner from it :devil::devil:

please stop living under this delusion that AQA will give you a grade because quite frankly they won't, you need to sit the exam in order to get the grade, it wasn't your fault but the maximum you can get is 5% extra marks
Original post by x-Sophie-x
Thanks for that!

Biology is so low :biggrin:
But Chemistry is ridiculously high even though I thought it was a hard paper! :frown:

Maybe the markscheme has a lot of ALLOWs
Original post by Robbie242
please stop living under this delusion that AQA will give you a grade because quite frankly they won't, you need to sit the exam in order to get the grade, it wasn't your fault but the maximum you can get is 5% extra marks

Yeah, but she didn't sit the exams. They'll be predicted for her!
Original post by L'Evil Fish

She holds university offers, universities want grades not predictions
has ocr been released yet
Some one please tell me they've seen the results day playlist trend on twitter. It's actually the funniest thing ever! Haha I feel like I should be nervous or something but i'm not surprisingly...

The exam board will give her a grade based on what her predictions for that exam were. I think someone at my school got given an A because she was ill on the day of the exam.
Have OCR boundaries been released?

No its not.
People in my college have been granted predicted grades before for the same exam I couldn't sit.
You get 5% if you sit it but your disadvantaged.
When your in hospital, collapsed with 45% body burns and skin grafts I think it's slightly different and my exams officer agrees. She's had cases of similar incidents where the student has been granted an average grade.

So. They predict exams she couldn't sit
Original post by Felix Felicis

Yeah:smile:
Original post by x-Sophie-x
I know the AQA ones have been released! :smile:

Original post by Fas
Edexcel Maths is out , and the AQA and OCR boundaries are out - if you go to the Grade Boundaries thread , the links for AQA and OCR are on page one :smile:

Thank you! I found the AQA and OCR ones now. Just hunting for Maths Edexcel - not sure if I want to know or not!
Original post by kylejknight
But what if it was ungraded because of the penmanship? Do you think it would be different for a senior examiner? Or would it still end up ungraded because of the penmanship? Is it even possible for it to be ungraded because of the penmanship?

If they can't read what you've written it is your fault for not arranging a scribe or a computer to use when you say your exam. Your best bet is that a senior examiner will be more experienced a looking a scripts with bad handwriting, or at least they might refer it to someone who can read it. They can't mark what they can't understand, but you've got nothing to lose other than 20 quid or so.

:frown: I hope so... It's what I'm counting on for for uni!

I need 48/70 for an A overall from the Philosophy paper and 54/70 on the New Testament.. and I read the question wrong and got my essay all wrong. I wrote about Jesus' audience, not Mark's audience :frown:

Eh.. I'm going to get my hair done in a bit to try calm down.. but I am SO nervous right now..

Plus looking at my accommodation application for Bath on the tracker which has suddenly vanished makes me think they rejected me :frown: :cry2::cry2::cry2::cry::cry::cry:

Eek, well I guess I can relate in the misreading the question stakes. As others have said to me, as long as you wrote an intelligent and intelligible essay you will be credited. Try and be optimistic. Paranoia is just human kinds way of finding patterns in randomness. As long as you revised hard, you should be fine anyway as your other others will be solid. From what you said it sounds like you did well in philosophy, so with the low grade boundaries you may find you are alright overall.

Original post by abzy1234
Ah cheers for that! But that sounds quite weird... Any explanation? Or are we going to see another grade boundary fiasco :colone:

No idea, but I'll be twisting and turning though pretending to be asleep, so that'll be right at the forefront of my mind. But yeah I will be 'sleeping'.

Original post by Hullo
You might as well just wait for the actual results by then right?

Yes.
Original post by L'Evil Fish

^ Thankyou. My point exactly.
I didn't SIT them. If I did then I would get the 5%

PLUS universities do NOT see who applied for special consideration or anything.
Original post by Felix Felicis
this + repped

edit: checking right now.
does anyone know if KCL send an email alerting you that you're in on results day?
^ Thankyou. My point exactly.
I didn't SIT them. If I did then I would get the 5%

PLUS universities do NOT see who applied for special consideration or anything.

Question: Why do grade boundaries effect you? Do they take the average from your ISA?:eek:
I filled my ucas out a bit wrong so my uni has my Jan results but ucas doesnt. I hope they look at both since I did worse in 1 exam in Jan. :<

Latest