The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Please someone tell me that the A level grade boundaries are much higher than the GCSE grade boundaries will be?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't even want to look at the A level boundaries and I'm not getting any A level results. Scareddddd :frown:
Reply 3082
Original post by Bethany96
Please someone tell me that the A level grade boundaries are much higher than the GCSE grade boundaries will be?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Depends, i thought some of the A Level boundaries were quite low, but there were some high ones too, didn't check them all...
Original post by Red Fox
An A* in GCSE Maths and a B/C in Additional Maths, that doesn't look great.

Not as fantastic as an A in GCSE maths and a U in add maths!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aasvogel
CCEA Additional Maths ftw. :cool:

we love CCEA :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tibbz2
Depends, i thought some of the A Level boundaries were quite low, but there were some high ones too, didn't check them all...

I agree that some are especially sociology which does make me feel a bit better but i have to say some are certainly not!!! I got 72.5/80 in graphics and 74/80 in photography which my teacher told me is borderline a/a* but if our grade boundaries are like the a level ones I will be lucky to even get an A! :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Meliss
I don't even want to look at the A level boundaries and I'm not getting any A level results. Scareddddd :frown:

You do right I'm just pretty stupid looking at A level grade boundaries, I did it to see how reasonable or harsh the exam boards are this year.Oh me too..scared doesn't even cover half haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mollyh77

Most underrated exam board! Everyone was going on about OCR and AQA Add.Maths I thought I'd join in. :biggrin:
Reply 3088
Original post by Bethany96
I agree that some are especially sociology which does make me feel a bit better but i have to say some are certainly not!!! I got 72.5/80 in graphics and 74/80 in photography which my teacher told me is borderline a/a* but if our grade boundaries are like the a level ones I will be lucky to even get an A! :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah true, but I'm sure you'll be fine, I've not seen or heard that grade boundaries for GCSE get too high, not too much above the guideline 90,80,70%'s etc anyway!
Original post by aasvogel
Most underrated exam board! Everyone was going on about OCR and AQA Add.Maths I thought I'd join in. :biggrin:

Haha, definitely! I wonder how the CCEA spec compares to OCR and AQA..are they like roughly the same thing or are there big differences?
Original post by Tibbz2
Yeah true, but I'm sure you'll be fine, I've not seen or heard that grade boundaries for GCSE get too high, not too much above the guideline 90,80,70%'s etc anyway!

Oh I hope so, I really do! I look too much into it but I can't help it hahah.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha, definitely! I wonder how the CCEA spec compares to OCR and AQA..are they like roughly the same thing or are there big differences?

OCR certainly looks a bit harder.
Reply 3092
Going on a DofE practice expedition for three days :yucky: Not looking forward to it!

aww lol dont worry you'll enjoy the experience
Well, I've definitely got a U in Add. Maths. Ah well.

I dreamt I got my actual results last night. I think I got 3 A*s, 5 As, 3 Bs, a D and an F! However, it turns out that I had results for subjects such as Drama (which I don't do and I got the D), "Buttermere" (which isn't a really subject of course), "A History of Apple" (which I got an F in despite the fact that I would pass such an exam with flying colours) and... "Hiddleston." Yes, I can only assume I dreamt that one up because I was watching the Thor 2 trailer yesterday!

Most of the subjects I actually did weren't there but my brain tricked me into thinking they were real at first!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone do the following?

OCR 21st Century Physics
"""""""""""""""""""""""" Chemistry
"""""""""""""""""""""""" Biology
OCR Latin
OCR RS/Philosophy and Ethics (The exam I did was B603)
Edexcel Maths 1ma0
Edexcel Geography A
Edexcel ICT
AQA English Literature
AQA English Language
AQA Spanish
AQA Citizenship
AQA Food Technology
AQA German

xxx
What time were GCSE grade boundaries released last year??
Original post by radhikagulati
Anyone do the following?

OCR 21st Century Physics
"""""""""""""""""""""""" Chemistry
"""""""""""""""""""""""" Biology
OCR Latin
OCR RS/Philosophy and Ethics (The exam I did was B603)
Edexcel Maths 1ma0
Edexcel Geography A
Edexcel ICT
AQA English Literature
AQA English Language
AQA Spanish
AQA Citizenship
AQA Food Technology
AQA German

xxx

i did physics,chemistry and biology ocr 21st century
what did you get for coursework?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3097
Original post by ghost_rebel
What time were GCSE grade boundaries released last year??

Midnight on the day before results are released, so this year it should be midnight on the 21st August. Having said that, boards like WJEC tend to just be ad-hoc, whenever they wake up or whatever.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Midnight on the day before results are released, so this year it should be midnight on the 21st August. Having said that, boards like WJEC tend to just be ad-hoc, whenever they wake up or whatever.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Reply 3099
Original post by techno836
haha don't judge us northeners :frown: :wink: :lol:

Hahhah alright, with your funny ways of saying things:grin:

Latest