The Student Room Group

AQA Geography Unit 1 May 14th 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1460
Original post by notsure
DAA FURKEHCBNKTRXZZZJKIDK!!?? Are you sure? If it is then....maybe I haven't done so bad :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

well I looked at one of the mark schemes from a recent past paper and it said 71/120 is an A which is 59%. That's crazy generous!
Original post by bumbakrak
I LOVED THAT PAPER. Genuinely think I dropped 3 marks. But i think i got a high B in Geog unit 1 so hopefully it will bring it up!! Good luck to you mate!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I liked section B(ish) but didn't know how to draw a sketch properly :frown: I'm soooo worried about it now because Unit 2 can throw the whole grade :/
Is everyone intending to keep Geography up to A2 next year?
Reply 1463
Nope I'm going to drop it even if I have to resit the as module.

Posted from TSR Mobile
GEOGRAPHERS

Calling every person that likes Geography, studies Geography, or works in a Geography related field!

Join the TSR Geography Society! You might aswell, who knows how useful it would be?

TSR GEOGRAPHY SOC - BEST SOCIETY EVERRR
Original post by CurtisDean
Is everyone intending to keep Geography up to A2 next year?

Definitely, hoping to do it at uni!
75 for an A this year... ****sake
Original post by Georgehigginson
75 for an A this year... ****sake

That is really low it is just 62.5%. Less than it was in the January exams which was 63% even though it is 0.5% lower.:biggrin:
Original post by kingdoo
That is really low it is just 62.5%. Less than it was in the January exams which was 63% even though it is 0.5% lower.:biggrin:

it used to be in the 60s and was 71 last year -_-
it used to be in the 60s and was 71 last year -_-

Well it was lower than June 2012 are you therefore implying that people probably found it a really difficult paper?:smile:
Original post by kingdoo
Well it was lower than June 2012 are you therefore implying that people probably found it a really difficult paper?:smile:

Whaat, June 2012 was lower! June 2012 was 71 and June 2013 is 75.

Oh soz I thought you meant 71% for an A but therefore it may be signs that people found it easier this year.:biggrin:
Original post by kingdoo
Oh soz I thought you meant 71% for an A but therefore it may be signs that people found it easier this year.:biggrin:

well it wasn;t easier, the grade boundaries just keep getting higher. Annoying coz i couldn't answer a 15 marker in this, and i'd never got stuck on one before.
well it wasn;t easier, the grade boundaries just keep getting higher. Annoying coz i couldn't answer a 15 marker in this, and i'd never got stuck on one before.

You will be fine:biggrin: which units did you do? I did cold environments, global health, population and rivers.:wink:

June 2012 was 72...
Original post by mahatma ghandi
June 2012 was 72...

alright alright.. pedantic :wink:
Original post by kingdoo
You will be fine:biggrin: which units did you do? I did cold environments, global health, population and rivers.:wink:

did energy instead of global health... Hope I did alright ahah, I found the other exam really easy.
Good luck
Reply 1477
I can't believe that they raised the grade boundaries higher compared to the June 2012 paper myself and loads of my classmates found paper 1 for geography really difficult :l
Original post by katweena
I can't believe that they raised the grade boundaries higher compared to the June 2012 paper myself and loads of my classmates found paper 1 for geography really difficult :l

was an easier paper compared to last year. a lot of people do find it difficult, they always have.
(edited 10 years ago)
alright alright.. pedantic :wink:

accurate

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending