The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Potential Medic
buss1 46/60, buss2 65/80 and buss4 67/80

thanks a lot! +rep
Original post by HoratioMG
The whole illness system is even worse at some unis; she goes to Reading, and got extra marks on one of her exams because her boyfriend broke up with her.

I don't know if being given an automatic B or C is a good idea, because it doesn't reflect how well the candidate could have done for better or worse, even if it's the easy way around it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wtf that has to be BS PLEASE let it be BS...

I don't think its fair either but apparently if your ill your entitled to high grades based on past performance. Does this happen at AS-level as well? Do people at AS get predicted grades based off their GCSEs?

I would rather a system that works towards a grade (even if it may take longer) rather than being given one
Original post by needtosucceed=)
me too. yea exactly, quite hard to tell. what do you need in this exam to get the grade for uni?

Really an A but i HIGHLY doubt that. Hoping for atleast B. What about you?
Unofficial results day anthem.

[video="youtube;yRYpd3_roHg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRYpd3_roHg[/video]
Original post by nadster
I only sat BUSS1 once back in June last year..should've really resat looking back. Did you not sit BUSS3?

yea i sat buss1+2 last june and got a's in both..did buss3 in jan and got a B but didnt resit as it was a clash with another exam :/ so resat 1+2. potentionalmedic has given the marks for full ums, see a few posts above :smile: did u resit buss3?
Original post by omgwhat
What's wrong with English on OCR? :eek:

I thought they were really high :redface:
Original post by zubhav
so worried about economics (ocr)... i dont think i did enough!

Econ 2? The boundaries are sky high :/
Original post by Flowerii
Unofficial results day anthem.

[video="youtube;yRYpd3_roHg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRYpd3_roHg[/video]

Stupid TSR not letting me rep, good call.
I will cry all day if I don't do well.
Original post by Infamous12
Really an A but i HIGHLY doubt that. Hoping for atleast B. What about you?

me too I need a high A..i resat AS exams though so if i improved then I could get a B and still get an A overall :smile:
good luck!
Original post by Flowerii
Wow, this thread is really blowing up! How many pages do we normally get to before a new one is created?

10,000posts :smile:

Brilliant, thanks!
Original post by Robbie242
Wtf that has to be BS PLEASE let it be BS...

I don't think its fair either but apparently if your ill your entitled to high grades based on past performance. Does this happen at AS-level as well? Do people at AS get predicted grades based off their GCSEs?

I thought it was, until I saw the letter with my own eyes. It's slightly depressing that it's stooped that low.

It's certainly not a fair way to do it, offering a chance to take it in January would be a better way to do it to be honest. However... Heh.

I don't know if this is how all schools do it, but at the beginning of AS, each student got set predicted grades in their AS subjects. I think they probably used GCSEs to decide it, but it involved a lot of students' personal input too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I thought they were really high :redface:

Oh that's putting it lightly. They're disgusting, foul and shouldn't be allowed.
me too I need a high A..i resat AS exams though so if i improved then I could get a B and still get an A overall :smile:
good luck!

Thanks, you too :smile:
Original post by Robbie242
It really doesn't. The sitting of the exam should reward your potential. If you cannot sit it then that is very unfortunate but I don't think predicting A2 grades based off AS grades is really fair. Besides with a medical condition like that the person could sit the exams the year after and still get substantial consideration from all unis. But I suppose I understand how that would be a drag.

Exactly. The system assumes that if you got an A at AS, then you will get an A at the end of A2, which is NOT the case for everyone.

:nooo:
thanks a lot! +rep

No worries! I hope you're pleased with the marks :smile:
yea i sat buss1+2 last june and got a's in both..did buss3 in jan and got a B but didnt resit as it was a clash with another exam :/ so resat 1+2. potentionalmedic has given the marks for full ums, see a few posts above :smile: did u resit buss3?

Oh okay that makes sense, & yep I did..got a D in January... #fail.
I think I've got my full UMS in unit2 (hopefully). If I have then I may have got an A overall.. Hoping for the best. What do you think you've got?
Edexcel grade boundaries out yet ?
I can't wait any longer. Help.