The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by venenecinema
Oh that's putting it lightly. They're disgusting, foul and shouldn't be allowed.

:rofl: yeah this.
Original post by James A
Exactly. The system assumes that if you got an A at AS, then you will get an A at the end of A2, which is NOT the case for everyone.

:nooo:

Tbf most people improve (the ones applying to uni)
If anyone else needs full UMS requirements for AQA, feel free to ask me and I can look them up for you. I know that not everyone can access the UMS convertor. :smile:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
:rofl: yeah this.

Tbf most people improve (the ones applying to uni)

Still not everyone though :wink:
Original post by ThatScienceGuy
Edexcel grade boundaries out yet ?

Arsey's put up the Maths ones. But the other ones are coming out at 2 am tomorrow apparently :frown:
Just had a though. What am I going to do after results day as my life has turned into me just worrying about results day. I'm going to have to learn to be social and be reintroduced into the wild. And I'm gunna actually have to do stuff. Crap.
Original post by James A
Still not everyone though :wink:

Ones who bother going to the exams officer for help are the ones who cared and would have done better :tongue:
Original post by nadster
Oh okay that makes sense, & yep I did..got a D in January... #fail.
I think I've got my full UMS in unit2 (hopefully). If I have then I may have got an A overall.. Hoping for the best. What do you think you've got?

ahhh buss3 is a horrible exam anyways! never liked it.
how did the resit go for buss3?
im hoping for full ums/close to it in buss1, and at least higher than what i got before in buss2. hopeful for an A overall, the only subject im half sure about atm!
Original post by Potential Medic
No worries! I hope you're pleased with the marks :smile:

yea theyre not tooo bad :biggrin:
good luck!
Original post by HoratioMG
I thought it was, until I saw the letter with my own eyes. It's slightly depressing that it's stooped that low.

It's certainly not a fair way to do it, offering a chance to take it in January would be a better way to do it to be honest. However... Heh.

I don't know if this is how all schools do it, but at the beginning of AS, each student got set predicted grades in their AS subjects. I think they probably used GCSEs to decide it, but it involved a lot of students' personal input too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:eek: :s-smilie:: :confused:

I really think that would've being the best alternative but thanks to gove :angry: that isn't gonna happen.

Yeah I got really bad predictions at the start but then good towards the end, based on this they'd take the first ones and award me bad grades rather than good grades. The whole system doesn't work. And at my school we had no student input so it will be unfair across certain schools who predict their students straight A's whilst im predicted C's and D's. Do another year instead of getting some special predicted grades for uni IMO.
Original post by Gilgamesh
I can't wait any longer. Help.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi. I'm a teacher. Hust had the percentages through. My success rates are up this year as are most of my colleagues. Chances are grade boundaries are down. We mainly use AQA..

best wishes everyone.
Original post by needtosucceed=)
yea theyre not tooo bad :biggrin:
good luck!

Thank you. Good luck to you too. :biggrin:
240 points and a merit on BTEC please! *fingers crossed* I only started to panic when i was reading results day guides! Ouch!
21 hours and 48 minutes....
Original post by needtosucceed=)
ahhh buss3 is a horrible exam anyways! never liked it.
how did the resit go for buss3?
im hoping for full ums/close to it in buss1, and at least higher than what i got before in buss2. hopeful for an A overall, the only subject im half sure about atm!

Nicer paper than January's...first question asked you to simply calculate a couple of things..we didn't even have to comment on the answers! Beautiful. The rest f the paper wasn't too bad either. I hope I've done better this time haha.
What did you get first time in units 1&2?
Original post by Robbie242
Econ 2? The boundaries are sky high :/

no eco 4.. global economy.. i need a mid B and im doubting myself fml
Reply 7335
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Morning, have any of the boundaries been released? I don't wanna sift through like 30 pages :tongue:

Morning! :smile: Yes OCR and AQA have released theirs :smile: I'm not sure about Edexcel
I know only OCR concerns you so here is the link:

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/142071-unit-level-raw-mark-grade-boundaries-june-2013.pdf
Reply 7336
Original post by eelnais
/waves

This exam = whether I go to uni or not.

Which module did you take?, I took option 3C, Boom, Bust and Recovery.
Original post by James A
Exactly. The system assumes that if you got an A at AS, then you will get an A at the end of A2, which is NOT the case for everyone.

:nooo:

Students often drop a grade at A2, thats the rule of thumb we use.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zubhav
no eco 4.. global economy.. i need a mid B and im doubting myself fml

Ah fair enough so that's about give or take 41.5 marks, best of luck.
Reply 7339
Might sound a stupid question but how do you know if the grade boundaries are low?? Also, if they are low, I take it that means people struggled with the exam??

Latest