The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7340
will ucas send an email to inform the uni's decision tomorrow morning??
Reply 7341
i feel sick
are there any examiners reports?
Original post by risteard
Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi. I'm a teacher. Hust had the percentages through. My success rates are up this year as are most of my colleagues. Chances are grade boundaries are down. We mainly use AQA..

best wishes everyone.

Hmm, why would you lie about being a teacher?
Reply 7344
are edexcel still sleeping or have the released the grade boundaries?
Original post by natd_x
Might sound a stupid question but how do you know if the grade boundaries are low?? Also, if they are low, I take it that means people struggled with the exam??

Personal interpretation, low compared to previous years that is how you determine if they are low.
Yes precisely
Original post by nadster
Nicer paper than January's...first question asked you to simply calculate a couple of things..we didn't even have to comment on the answers! Beautiful. The rest f the paper wasn't too bad either. I hope I've done better this time haha.
What did you get first time in units 1&2?

ahhh I woulda liked that then! i wasnt too fond of critical path analysis in jan..
ah thats good, hope you do well!
i got a's in both, 64/80 in buss1 (an A on the dot) and 98/120 in buss2 (96 is an A so just scraped it) wbu?
Original post by RnTf
will ucas send an email to inform the uni's decision tomorrow morning??

I've seen mixed answers on TSR.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by needtosucceed=)
hey again!
I feel theyre too high, 79 would have been more appropriate. still hoping i got an A though. How do you feel?
good luck to you to! :smile:

I think I can get an A, think I got about 85-87 marks...... Only time will tell. Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bunny96
Morning! :smile: Yes OCR and AQA have released theirs :smile: I'm not sure about Edexcel
I know only OCR concerns you so here is the link:

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/142071-unit-level-raw-mark-grade-boundaries-june-2013.pdf

Thanks! I'm fairly happy with the Physics boundaries :smile:, Chemistry ones seem really high :/. How do you feel about them?
Reply 7350
Original post by eelnais
Oh my God...school just rang asking me to read my results on the radio...I said yes...HELP.

Congrats now u know u did brillllllllllll!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh yeah, good luck everyone as well! Forgot to add that to my last message... I'm sure you've all done fine! (says me sat here panicking!)
Reply 7352
is there a converter for ocr ums to raw
Original post by Jimmy20002012
I think I can get an A, think I got about 85-87 marks...... Only time will tell. Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

yea thats what I think I got :smile:

you too! let me know how you get on !
Original post by L'Evil Fish
A2 units I thought were steep in A*! The orals anyway

I resat AQA AS German Unit 1 and I think it was a good paper so those boundaries were justified but I agree with you about the A2 units- 102/110 for an A* for Unit 3, that's the highest it's ever been, but it was a good paper so hopefully things should work out :smile:
Original post by natd_x
Might sound a stupid question but how do you know if the grade boundaries are low?? Also, if they are low, I take it that means people struggled with the exam??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I cannot give specifics but if most subjects are up at my college it suggests boundaries are lower. Its hard to know until I see the data however.
Original post by 002
Which module did you take?, I took option 3C, Boom, Bust and Recovery.

Same! I picked the opposition to Roosevelt question (my entire class did the other option) and the New Deal question.
can someone please work out my UMS for OCR Chemistry F331, F332, F333, which I'm predicting to be 48, 80, 47 respectively.

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/142071-unit-level-raw-mark-grade-boundaries-june-2013.pdf

Thank you!
Original post by hannah_lou
I resat AQA AS German Unit 1 and I think it was a good paper so those boundaries were justified but I agree with you about the A2 units- 102/110 for an A* for Unit 3, that's the highest it's ever been, but it was a good paper so hopefully things should work out :smile:

Let me take you to another thread! Hrb

Latest