The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Potential Medic
Arsey's put up the Maths ones. But the other ones are coming out at 2 am tomorrow apparently :frown:

2 am is crazy, right? (I can't be the only one who thinks that!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
If tomorrow morning at 8am UCAS still says that your offer is Conditional (i.e Uni is still deciding) and you have to ring them up, what exactly are you supposed to say?

"Are you still making a decision? If so when will it be made?"... ??
Original post by Octopus_Garden
!

I'm not worried about my GCSEs :tongue: they'll get me in anywhere... :lol:

Original post by constantmeowage
x

I found a friend:

Original post by hannah_lou
I resat AQA AS German Unit 1 and I think it was a good paper so those boundaries were justified but I agree with you about the A2 units- 102/110 for an A* for Unit 3, that's the highest it's ever been, but it was a good paper so hopefully things should work out :smile:
Reply 7364
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Thanks! I'm fairly happy with the Physics boundaries :smile:, Chemistry ones seem really high :/. How do you feel about them?

I agree the Physics ones are nice :smile:
The Chemistry ones are really high, hence my desire to jump out of the nearest window :cry2:
I really need a B, and I think I got around 75 which would usually get me a B but now there is a risk I end up with a C and then all of my hopes and dreams will crumble before my eyes
Reply 7365
Original post by risteard
Students often drop a grade at A2, thats the rule of thumb we use.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's what all my teachers say
Original post by needtosucceed=)
ahhh I woulda liked that then! i wasnt too fond of critical path analysis in jan..
ah thats good, hope you do well!
i got a's in both, 64/80 in buss1 (an A on the dot) and 98/120 in buss2 (96 is an A so just scraped it) wbu?

I didn't mind CPA..I understood it from D1, AS Further Maths. It was the rest of the paper that I seemed to have messed up on. I got something like 11/36 on the last question. That's what I call talent haha :ahee:
Thanks! I hope you do well too :smile:
I got similar UMS if I'm honest. 74/80 in unit 1 and 96/120 in unit 2...only like 8 UMS difference between our scores haha
:eek: messed up
Original post by sneha.vag

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're definitely not the only one. I'm only waiting for the EPQ boundaries. I'll spent the morning refreshing the Edexcel website loool :p:p
Original post by Potential Medic
You're definitely not the only one. I'm only waiting for the EPQ boundaries. I'll spent the morning refreshing the Edexcel website loool :p:p

The Edexcel boundaries are out
Original post by natd_x
Might sound a stupid question but how do you know if the grade boundaries are low?? Also, if they are low, I take it that means people struggled with the exam??

Two ways of comparing them:
1) Compare them to other years
2) Calculate what mark you would need for an exam to get the grade if grade boundaries weren't there. An A should be 80%, a B should be 70% etc.
So if the exam was out of 60 marks
The A would have been 48
The B would have been 42
etc

If the raw marks you ACTUALLY need to get are more like 42 for the A and 36 for the B then the grade boundaries are low

Does that make any sense?

Yes, generally people will have found it harder
Original post by Robbie242
F582 boundary is so high omg 49/60 for an A on economics unit 2

was the exam easy?
43/60 for an A on unit 2 :sexface: 45/60 for an A on unit 1 :sexface: :parrot:

history
Reply 7375
Original post by TheAsian
can someone please work out my UMS for OCR Chemistry F331, F332, F333, which I'm predicting to be 48, 80, 47 respectively.

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/142071-unit-level-raw-mark-grade-boundaries-june-2013.pdf

Thank you!

70, 117, 42 - 229 total.
Original post by venenecinema
The Edexcel boundaries are out

Yaay! :biggrin: Thanks.
Original post by nadster
I didn't mind CPA..I understood it from D1, AS Further Maths. It was the rest of the paper that I seemed to have messed up on. I got something like 11/36 on the last question. That's what I call talent haha :ahee:
Thanks! I hope you do well too :smile:
I got similar UMS if I'm honest. 74/80 in unit 1 and 96/120 in unit 2...only like 8 UMS difference between our scores haha

yea i didnt mind it too much but would have preferred the ratios stuff :smile: ahh i suck at maths xD
hahah i had like 15mins left for the final question so i probably got the same!
ahh thats a really good unit1 score! i hope i get something similar..tbh its really dependant on the examiner, i remember at gcse i got a B on unit 1, then an a* in unit 2, despite it being harder and i hated unit 2 :confused:
Why are the EPQ boundaries not out yet :frown:
Original post by sneha.vag

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's a plot by the exam boards to make us deliriously tired, so when we're on the phone to admissions tutors we make absolute tits of ourselves and thus are forced into taking a gap year full of retakes.
More money for them :devil:

Latest