The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheAsian
can someone please work out my UMS for OCR Chemistry F331, F332, F333, which I'm predicting to be 48, 80, 47 respectively.

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/142071-unit-level-raw-mark-grade-boundaries-june-2013.pdf

Thank you!

70 + 118 + 42 = 230
This is rather approximate but I think that's how you do it
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
was the exam easy?

it was a reasonably easy paper yes, the essay was definitely a surprise, an essay dedicated to the inflation rate and exchange rate. I assume this high boundary is due to a leninent MS!
Original post by Where'sPerry?
AQA BIOL5 - 67/100 for A*??? Is it always that low?

edit: answered my own question

For an A* it was 76/100 in 2012 and 71/100 in 2011 :s-smilie:

Be happy, you probs got your A* :wink:
Reply 7383
edexcel biologist/mathematician, what is the difference between paper01 and paper01R??
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7384
how do people go about converting raw to UMS?
Original post by Onkar-M

Which exam board is it?
Original post by needtosucceed=)
yea i didnt mind it too much but would have preferred the ratios stuff :smile: ahh i suck at maths xD
hahah i had like 15mins left for the final question so i probably got the same!
ahh thats a really good unit1 score! i hope i get something similar..tbh its really dependant on the examiner, i remember at gcse i got a B on unit 1, then an a* in unit 2, despite it being harder and i hated unit 2 :confused:

I'm sure you don't suck at maths :smile:
Yeah that's so true...our future lies in the judgement of the examiner :s-smilie:
Wow..that's weird or maybe you were just better at unit 2? Is this Business Studies GCSE?
Hey guys, I put one of my unit 2 exams as pending when I sent my application off in October. However, I didn't resit that exam, as I did well in unit 3. will this mess my application up? Thanks
Either we've all done brilliantly,or its down to politics

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Robbie242
it was a reasonably easy paper yes, the essay was definitely a surprise, an essay dedicated to the inflation rate and exchange rate. I assume this high boundary is due to a leninent MS!

Ah unlucky, I now wanna see how the Edexcel one fares...
Original post by Robbie242

what was the essay question? One on Inflation and ER sounds beaut.
Edexcel site not loading 4 some reason, must be all the people that are viewing it
Reply 7393
Original post by RnTf
edexcel biologist/mathematician, what is the difference between paper01 and paper01R??

01R means it was taken by international students in countries several hours ahead of the UK - they get a different paper to avoid the answers getting leaked online before the majority of students (in the UK) take it.

As they're completely different papers they all have different grade boundaries. If you're in the UK you definitely only look at the ones without the R.
Reply 7394
Original post by Potential Medic
Which exam board is it?

OCR :smile:.
Original post by nadster
I'm sure you don't suck at maths :smile:
Yeah that's so true...our future lies in the judgement of the examiner :s-smilie:
Wow..that's weird or maybe you were just better at unit 2? Is this Business Studies GCSE?

I got a U in january in core 3:colondollar:
lets hope they mark nicely! yea aqa business gcse! so weird, I did buss1 in january of year11 and got a B, so I resat in june and got a B againnn, only 1 mark higher!
so overall I only got a B at gcse, then an A at AS aha.
did you do business gcse?
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Ah unlucky, I now wanna see how the Edexcel one fares...

http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/Documents/GCE%20Composite%201306%20v2.pdf now u can
50/70 for an A in History...no idea if I've done that. :frown: Surely?!
Original post by Onkar-M

Get the full marks of you paper, divide that by the full UMS, and the number you get is what you multiply your raw mark by.

Eg. Maths on edexcel is out of 75 marks and 100 UMS. So I do 75/100 = 1.3333

So if I think I got 62marks, I do 62 x 1.3333 = 82.6 UMS so 83 UMS

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7399
Can confirm - this is the real deal. Edexcel grade boundaries: http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/Documents/GCE%20Composite%201306%20v2.pdf

Latest