The Student Room Group

UCAS or results first?

Just found out my school will be open for results at 7:30 am tomorrow... would you go for the results first, or wait until UCAS at 8am?
Reply 1
Personally, I am going to check UCAS before I collect my results, that way I can be find out in the comfort of my own home whether I've got into University or not, rather than going to collect the results and wondering if I have been let in, say for example I have just missed the requirements (e.g. getting ABC instead of the required ABB) then I would be worrying!!
Original post by laura_fran
Personally, I am going to check UCAS before I collect my results, that way I can be find out in the comfort of my own home whether I've got into University or not, rather than going to collect the results and wondering if I have been let in, say for example I have just missed the requirements (e.g. getting ABC instead of the required ABB) then I would be worrying!!

I just dread checking UCAS and seeing it hasn't changed at 8am...
Reply 3
Original post by xMr_BrightSide
I just dread checking UCAS and seeing it hasn't changed at 8am...

For this reason I am getting my results first. Technology stresses me out and I have a feeling that the new track will crash.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
You know, I have no idea. Probably results first? My school opens at 8 am, which is the rough time that they say Track gets updated at, so I suppose the chances are that it won't even have been updated when I check it. It might also crash. I also don't know if I'd be able to cope with an 'unsuccessful' straight off the bat before I even know my results.
Agh, I have genuinely no idea! I might go halfway - check UCAS at 8, get a shower and get dressed, check again and then results...
UCAS first. This might sound a little irresponsible, but I really couldn't care less what my grades are, as long as my University has accepted me.
Reply 7
Original post by MycroftHolmes
UCAS first. This might sound a little irresponsible, but I really couldn't care less what my grades are, as long as my University has accepted me.

I think this is the bottom line, if you got in to where you want to go the results are almost immaterial, if you didn't THEN you need to know the results to find out what your next step is. Good luck everyone! :smile:
I am going to check my results first, then UCAS Track. I am going to open the envelope right next to a computer, so even if my results are not sufficient, I can always get pleasantly surprised after I log into Track.
Reply 9
As I am plannig to do adjustment I am going to check my results to see if I have exceeded the offer of my firm choice.

Quick Reply

Latest