The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Robbie242
No its for international papers. Why would nearly all papers have replaced papers? C3 is the only one that got leaked

actually it was C3, C4, FP1, FP2, FP3 M2, M3, M4 and M5 that got leaked
Original post by JOR2010
They replaced a lot of them because a batch was lost!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes but papers such as C1 have 01R next to them and C1 wasn't lost in the batch, case closed
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by venenecinema
Nope, at least I'll be in for less of a shock when I miss my offer tomorrow.

Try and stay positive, even if you do you may still be accepted! I'm only AS so I can't complain so much, best of luck!
OCR :frown:

What subject is that for? :frown:

Original post by Short Story Long
Hell yes :frown:

Try not to worry :frown: good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jayqwe
I'm collecting my AS results which evidently isn't that important compared to A2 looking at this thread lool, are you the same or receiving A2 grades tomorrow? How was your driving test today?

Nah, it's still important - can still determine your future, Uni will look at them! I'm collecting A2 results, determining my uni place :/ Failed my driving test :frown:
Original post by tomble123
Damn it....still can't believe the OCR boundaries for Economics Macro.........49/60 to get an A.....that's like around 81.5% (couldn't be bothered getting the calculator)....the exam was reasonably easy but I think I may have made some silly mistakes.

That's why I hate easy exams :/
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
actually it was C3, C4, FP1, FP2, FP3 M2, M3, M4 and M5 that got leaked

I meant to clarify, leaked and then sat
No its for international papers. Why would nearly all papers have replaced papers? C3 is the only one that got leaked

Alright my bad but I'm sure it wasn't just C3!
are there any preparations anyone is making for tomorrow?
Original post by Lucy96
Try and stay positive, even if you do you may still be accepted! I'm only AS so I can't complain so much, best of luck!

What subject is that for? :frown:

Try not to worry :frown: good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

macroeconomics 49/60 for an A pfft :frown:
Original post by dan94adibi
Alright my bad but I'm sure it wasn't just C3!

yeah sorry I meant leaked and then sat by students
macroeconomics 49/60 for an A pfft :frown:

Ouch, that's pretty damn high! Good luck, you'll be absolutely fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have received an email from my insurance today about the next steps of joining them, acoomodation etc. I think this is proof that I did not get into my firm. I really really really needed to get into my firm. Oh God I am already crying before results day....Is this normal to receive such kind of email from insurance universities just before results day or does that mean something else ?
I think I've worked out what Edexcel must have done when they set the History UNit 3 Option 1 boundary, must have got confused and accidentally put down the UMS where the Raw score should be. 90% RAW SCORE for 90% UMS in an essay based subject is never something that should actually happen.
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
That's why I hate easy exams :/

Same here, would much prefer to have a tougher exam (like the Micro paper) but a lower grade boundary (it's 43 for the other paper). Not happy at the moment. Quite pleased with my other grade boundaries though, AQA haven't been mean to be fair- quite standard boundaries. :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 7534
Original post by bc95
good luck my friend :smile:

thanks and to you too aswell
Edexcel economic students ~ how are we all feeling?
Reply 7536
Everyone arguing about what '01R' means on the edexcel grade boundaries: scroll up to the top of the document, second page;

"Some units have more than one set of grade boundaries because more than one version of the paper is available. Where the paper code is followed by “01R”, the paper was sat in countries 6.5 hours to 9 hours ahead of the UK.".
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by ravishingrick69
looking at the grade boundaries are a little pointless srs
just shows how the country did as a whole

doesnt give u any info about how you did

For example if you know you dropped like 5 marks in an exam out of 60, and given a lee-way of about 2 marks, and the grade boundary for an A is 53, then you would be in a bad situation. That's why grade boundaries may give an indicator as to how you did.
Original post by ameliestia
So will we get an email from the Unis tomorrow?
Or one from UCAS saying something has been changed, or do we get anything more specific?

Track will update at about 8am, we will also get an E-mail from UCAS congratulating/explaining the next steps in detail (tey say at 8:10am but i wouldn't panic if it's a bit later then that) Unis might send something i guess...It probably varies between universities :biggrin:
Reply 7539
Original post by bubble_10
you're welcome :smile:

i've just finished my 1st year of uni but thank you anways :smile: hope you all do great!

thanks for the support :d

Latest