The Student Room Group

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Grade boundaries

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1100
Original post by Student10011
For c2 on edexcel there are two paper one says: c2 (01) the other c2(01R). I did edexcel c2 in the uk? Which ones my paper. Hoping for 01, since the A boundary is lower! Thanks

UK is (01). I did the same paper, fingers crossed for tomorrow!
Does anyone know if the Grade boundaries are up for CCEA, or if CCEA even released them?
Original post by choc cakes
Paper 01 was the original paper but a box of papers went missing in the Netherlands and therefore they had to do a replacement paper Paper01R, but there were a few centres that did not get the replacement paper and they sat the original Paper 01- guess that is why they have given boundaries for both papers. Hope this helps not sure how you tell which paper you sat, your school/college should know (most will have sat 01R)

That's not true - the 'R' papers are the ones sat by international students. Only C3 papers were lost, they didn't replace the other units.

UK students sat the 01 papers.
Only 19 hours left! Hurry up please :frown:
Paper 01 was the original paper but a box of papers went missing in the Netherlands and therefore they had to do a replacement paper Paper01R, but there were a few centres that did not get the replacement paper and they sat the original Paper 01- guess that is why they have given boundaries for both papers. Hope this helps not sure how you tell which paper you sat, your school/college should know (most will have sat 01R)

No you've got it wrong

01 is the UK paper

01R is the international paper.

C1 has C1 01R, C1 was not lost so therefore 01R is the international paper
Original post by Jackoo08
Could someone help me out, i'm looking at the grade boundaries for Maths on Edexcel, and there are two sets of results for each paper, Paper 01 and paper 01R, what is the difference between the two? cheers

The Maths Edexcel Paper 01 went missing in the Netherlands, they therefore did a replacement Paper 01R, this paper was sent out to most if not all centres, a few centres did the original Paper 01 therefore they have had to produce boundaries for both papers 01 & 01R - this paper is done in a lot of countires not just uk. - Hope this helps your school/college should know which paper you sat.
Physics grade boundaries seem okay. I've seen kinder. Surprised that P4 wasn't lower and P5 wasn't higher. I assume it's the ones without the R that are relevant.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Robbie242
No you've got it wrong

01 is the UK paper

01R is the international paper.

C1 has C1 01R, C1 was not lost so therefore 01R is the international paper

This was on the edexcel website '[h="1"]Update on Maths A level[/h]
Published: 14/06/2013Pearson's statement on the replacement of papers:

"We have been in regular contact with all centres that have candidates sitting this GCE Maths paper and carefully monitored receipt of the replacement paper to all schools. However, there is always a small risk that a small number of candidates will accidentally sit the original paper, as has happened in this case.

"At this stage, we believe that students at two UK and two overseas centres sat the original paper. We are continuing to monitor these numbers and would like to reassure students that all exam scripts will be marked, and we will carry out statistical analysis to ensure that all students are fairly rewarded for the performance on either paper." '
Original post by 06moca
Very distressing.

:console:

good luck :smile:

"We have been in regular contact with all centres that have candidates sitting this GCE Maths paper and carefully monitored receipt of the replacement paper to all schools. However, there is always a small risk that a small number of candidates will accidentally sit the original paper, as has happened in this case.

"At this stage, we believe that students at two UK and two overseas centres sat the original paper. We are continuing to monitor these numbers and would like to reassure students that all exam scripts will be marked, and we will carry out statistical analysis to ensure that all students are fairly rewarded for the performance on either paper." '

Stop being silly, C1 and M1 were sat before the replacements. Your delusional if you continue to insist that papers with 01R (including physics, chem and bio papers) are not international...

lol.
Reply 1112
with maths edexcel ones, is '01' or '01R' the replacement paper?
Original post by bboneyxx
with maths edexcel ones, is '01' or '01R' the replacement paper?

01 is the main paper everyone sat (i.e. the horrendous c3 exam), 01R is the international paper
Reply 1114
Original post by Robbie242
01 is the main paper everyone sat (i.e. the horrendous c3 exam), 01R is the international paper

thankyou very much:smile:
Reply 1115
If anyone has the Edexcel UMS Converter...could you please tell me for the June 2013 UK C1 Paper if I get 71/75..what UMS is it?
And for C2 If I get 64/75 or 65/75...what would they be in UMS?
And for S1 if I get 62/72?
Thank you! :smile:
Original post by Jack93o
what do people make of the aqa-a physics boundaries?

they are way too high, damn you AQA
Reply 1117
What do people think of the AQA chem 4, 5&6 grade boundaries?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1118
Ocr chemistry f322 is too high for an A

I think it should be 78/77 for an A.

Ocr economics f582 is too high for an A, should be 45

Jus hope I scrape an A in chem AS
Original post by popnit
What do people think of the AQA chem 4, 5&6 grade boundaries?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't sit CHEM4, so not sure about that.

I'm quite happy with the CHEM 5 boundaries as they are about the same as the June 2012 paper and I felt our paper was easier. I hate the ISA boundaries, but i'm not surprised as they never change much from that.

Quick Reply

Latest