The Student Room Group

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Grade boundaries

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1120
Original post by brittanna
I didn't sit CHEM4, so not sure about that.

I'm quite happy with the CHEM 5 boundaries as they are about the same as the June 2012 paper and I felt our paper was easier. I hate the ISA boundaries, but i'm not surprised as they never change much from that.

Hmm yeah I know what you mean. But some of those chem 5 qs were abit weird. Which ISA did you do? T or X?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1121
Original post by Vorsah
Ocr chemistry f322 is too high for an A

I think it should be 78/77 for an A.

Ocr economics f582 is too high for an A, should be 45

Jus hope I scrape an A in chem AS
I disagree with the as chemistry, the paper was not that hard and I see it as just.
So is Edexcel releasing theirs at 00:01 tomorrow? I am nervous for Spanish :/. Anyone else waiting for edexcel Spanish AS?
Original post by Robbie242
Stop being silly, C1 and M1 were sat before the replacements. Your delusional if you continue to insist that papers with 01R (including physics, chem and bio papers) are not international...

HOWEVER

For the C3 Maths paper 2 colleges in the UK sat the 01R paper, so it is the exception.
Reply 1124
Does anybody know when the CCEA boundaries are expected to be released?
Original post by popnit
Hmm yeah I know what you mean. But some of those chem 5 qs were abit weird. Which ISA did you do? T or X?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you mean ISA or EMPA? In that case I did the ISA.

If you mean whether I did the Transition metal one or the organic test one (i.e. unit 4 ISA or unit 5 ISA), I did both, but my unit 4 ISA was a lot better so that is the one my teachers submitted.

How did you do in your ISA's?
Original post by LordFishlock
So is Edexcel releasing theirs at 00:01 tomorrow? I am nervous for Spanish :/. Anyone else waiting for edexcel Spanish AS?

Already uploaded:
http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/Documents/GCE%20Composite%201306%20v2.pdf
Reply 1127
Mine are all fairly high. Damn.

Yeah, I am! I really messed up my speaking because I get ridiculously nervous but the writing and reading paper was fine. Also, it helps that I've been living in Spain for 8 years now though lol
The results come out at 6A.M. Thursday if you're talking about the grade boundaries they've already released that.
(edited 10 years ago)
*sigh* EdExcel Physics grade boundaries are pretty high compared to usual... and for exams that I thought hadn't gone brilliantly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kevsamuel
Yeah, I am! I really messed up my speaking because I get ridiculously nervous but the writing and reading paper was fine. Also, it helps that I've been living in Spain for 8 years now though lol
The results come out at 6A.M. Thursday if you're talking about the grade boundaries they've already released that.

I wasn't aware that they have released edexcel grade boundaries? And I thought the reading and writing was easy, but the listening I found fairly hard, and my speaking was ok but I also got quite nervous but I think I gave strong answers with lots of examples from articles and stuff
Original post by Akash16
If anyone has the Edexcel UMS Converter...could you please tell me for the June 2013 UK C1 Paper if I get 71/75..what UMS is it?
And for C2 If I get 64/75 or 65/75...what would they be in UMS?
And for S1 if I get 62/72?
Thank you! :smile:

from working it out :

71/75 on C1 should get you 93-94 UMS ( not sure which one )
65/75 on C2 ( same mark as me ) should get you 84-85 UMS ( again most likely 85 but not sure )
62/75 on S1 should get you 81-82 UMS ( once again... i dunno which one hahaha )

oviously thats not fully accurate , i am basing that on the differences between the A boundary and the 90 UMS boundary and working out how many marks per UMS mark , then totalling up from there.
Reply 1132

Yes and no...
Haha!

I awaited for Spanish on AQA and they were reduced because of their ridiculous inventions to the normal examination content.

EdExcel is same difficulty, I think...
How did you think your board went for Spanish!?
:biggrin::wink::smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kevsamuel

Got them now thanks! 56 is quite good, 40 is a little higher than expected for the speaking, was expecting 38 :P but oh well!
I don't recall sitting the 01R when I took the Edexcel AS Chemistry unit 2 exam..and I'm in Egypt, was the paper supposed to show whether it was 01R or not?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Ché.
Yes and no...
Haha!

I awaited for Spanish on AQA and they were reduced because of their ridiculous inventions to the normal examination content.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Apart from the listening that was difficult for me, everything else was fairly good!
Can I just say, Edexcel French looks very kind indeed!
Reply 1137
I'm not sure if someone has answered this or not, however, when it has (Paper 01) and (Paper 01R) on the edexcel GBs, is the second the replacement paper or the international paper?
Original post by Simog
I'm not sure if someone has answered this or not, however, when it has (Paper 01) and (Paper 01R) on the edexcel GBs, is the second the replacement paper or the international paper?

Paper 01R is the international paper :smile:
Original post by Ché.
Yes and no...
Haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you do AQA Spanish?

Quick Reply

Latest