The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by english007
When is the grade boundaries going to be released

Posted from TSR Mobile

The day before results day (8am)
Reply 3141
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I didn't do those books :redface: how did you find them in general?

Stats was so easy! How did you find it?:biggrin:

Ooer, did you do an Of Mice and Men exam/unseen poetry too? They went well I think! Personally, I like English Lit:smile:

It was:eek: (quite surprisingly) and this is coming from someone who loathes maths!
Original post by elixirs
Ooer, did you do an Of Mice and Men exam/unseen poetry too? They went well I think! Personally, I like English Lit:smile:

It was:eek: (quite surprisingly) and this is coming from someone who loathes maths!

I did that in January but with TKaM... I didn't revise at all :/ I should have... One mark from an A* :emo:

:five: the question on action and warning limits... I covered the day before... So glad someone told me they werr on spec!
Reply 3143
I did that in January but with TKaM... I didn't revise at all :/ I should have... One mark from an A* :emo:

:five: the question on action and warning limits... I covered the day before... So glad someone told me they werr on spec!

Ah oh no! I'm sure you'll catch that mark up with the other exam or the coursework!

The one near the end? I remember it and yeah, limits are really self-explanatory hence it was a quite straight forward question:tongue:
I don't know about you but I really need a good mark to recover the mark for my half-assesd coursework:colondollar:
Original post by Ben6597
Dear TSR GCSE Students, imagine you just opened your results and you did rather well, you're proud of yourself and you're happy. Now your friend asks you what you got and you tell them, you then return the question and it turns out they did better than you. Now what proportion of happy to jealous are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooooohh I really don't want to be in that situation... I'm just gonna steer clear of all the smart arses on results day :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ben6597
Dear TSR GCSE Students, imagine you just opened your results and you did rather well, you're proud of yourself and you're happy. Now your friend asks you what you got and you tell them, you then return the question and it turns out they did better than you. Now what proportion of happy to jealous are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If I was entirely happy with my grades, I honestly wouldn't be jealous at all. 'Good grades' vary from person to person. But if I thought any of my grades could have been higher, and they did better than me, I'd probably have a slight twinge (read: a lot) of jealousy...
Reply 3146
Original post by Ben6597

Posted from TSR Mobile

If I do well and am happy with myself, I wouldn't be jealous at all. They go what they got, and good for them. I hope it would be vice versa too.
Original post by letthesunshine
I took a graphics paper, but not sure if it was OCR....... Do you remember any of the questions??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ermm all i remember was that there was a question on a lunchbox with a pic of a dinosaur on it!:tongue:
Original post by elixirs
Ah oh no! I'm sure you'll catch that mark up with the other exam or the coursework!

The one near the end? I remember it and yeah, limits are really self-explanatory hence it was a quite straight forward question:tongue:
I don't know about you but I really need a good mark to recover the mark for my half-assesd coursework:colondollar:

I was hoping coursework, and then if I get the A* in this exam it's safe :ninja:

Yeah, what was your coursework? Mine got 32/40:colonhash: (unfair marking)
Original post by 08manderson
How did you find each paper? :smile: I thought Paper 2 was slightly harder than Paper 1. I think I've done well in f.maths (hopefully A^) but I haven't been able to talk to anyone about how the exams went as I was the only candidate from my school... :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

9 people including me took Further Maths I think-the class studied for it in one of the left over English lessons because I had finished the Language and Literature GCSEs with A*s in both a year early, which is good considering only 3.4% got A*s in English Language in the year I sat it and I was in Year 10.

The class was nearly not able to do it because the further maths teacher had Citizenship on his timetable but we were able to convince the head teacher to allow us to take it, which probably only happened because he was a teacher of Maths I think and his son did the qualification so we were lucky to get to take the qualification.

I thought both papers were pretty easy, a lot of questions on Paper 2 required you to think a lot and weren't similar to textbook questions.After going through both papers with my teacher, it looks like I have only dropped 1 mark because I didn't simplify the powers inside a root question but I might have not remembered my answers right and it is also quite likely that they will mark me down for my written explanations to some questions.

I have definetley got an A^ baring a miracle but the papers were a lot easier to June 12 and January 13, which both had questions that pretty much caught me out( it took me 2 hours to do one question:biggrin:) so Grade Boundaries could rise quite a bit.Here is the thread for it:http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2380331.
To everyone who did GCSE additional math... how did you go about doing it? For me all the students with a good record got sent a letter.... when GCSE was almost over, and we had a few days to decide to do it :angry:
Reply 3151
I was hoping coursework, and then if I get the A* in this exam it's safe :ninja:

Yeah, what was your coursework? Mine got 32/40:colonhash: (unfair marking)

Goood! What was your coursework question/topic?

I don't even know, we weren't told, to stop us getting 'put off.' Saying that the highest mark was 29/30 and it wasn't me. The lowest was a 21 which I don't think is me either. We'll have to see:s-smilie:
Original post by elixirs
Goood! What was your coursework question/topic?

I don't even know, we weren't told, to stop us getting 'put off.' Saying that the highest mark was 29/30 and it wasn't me. The lowest was a 21 which I don't think is me either. We'll have to see:s-smilie:

:erm: it was... Films! You?

Oh right, the boundaries last year were like 33 for an A*, 29 for an A or something! I want an A* overall :erm:

I think I got the highest, she marked it before I finished :frown:
Original post by WesterosWildling
Is anyone doing the following by the way? AQA English Language, AQA English Literature, OCR 21st Century Science Biology/Chemistry/Physics, Level 2 Further Mathematics, Edexcel History, Edexcel RE, AQA Geography, AQA Graphics. I've already completed Edexcel French (B), AQA Maths (A) and AQA Food Technology(A*).

I did Level 2 Further Maths, Edexcel RE and AQA Geography B.I did units 3 and 4 for AQA Geography B and I did unit 8 for Edexcel RE.
Reply 3154
:erm: it was... Films! You?

Oh right, the boundaries last year were like 33 for an A*, 29 for an A or something! I want an A* overall :erm:

I think I got the highest, she marked it before I finished :frown:

OHHHHH, I read films thinking it was for the English Lit c/w (I asked about that:wink:) and was a little baffled!

But since the topic has changed mine was Bananas and Pears (really)

It was, which is not too bad! Taking into account, the c/w and exam weighting ratio, 25% to 75%, suddenly coursework doesn't feel too much of a burden.
Oo, well done!! and what a shame:frown:
Reply 3155
I'm getting results for WJEC English Lit. I got 36/40 on the coursework and I think the Unit 1 went very well, unit 2 not so much. Targeted A* but I would be happy with an A to be honest.

I also did OCR 21C B123 and B456. I need 60 UMS on B123 for an A* in Core (hopefully I have done this) as I maxed everything else somehow. B456 I need 70ish as I got 93 UMS on last years boundaries on the coursework. Hopefully done this as well.

Edexcel Maths I think went very well, looking at unofficial mark schemes. French I only have the writing to get back and my teacher said they were full mark material. Can never be sure though.

I am also waiting on OCR Geog B. I got 116/120 on the SDME and Coursework so only need a mid-A for an A* and a mid-C for an A. An A is looking more likely. Only in year 10, will hopefully be doing FSMQ next year. How hard is it if you put the work in? I may be self studying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3156
Out of interest, out of everyone like me who did the OCR Additional Maths FSMQ exam along with their GCSEs, is anyone collecting their result tomorrow?

I have to wait until the 22nd :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by elixirs
OHHHHH, I read films thinking it was for the English Lit c/w (I asked about that:wink:) and was a little baffled!

But since the topic has changed mine was Bananas and Pears (really)

It was, which is not too bad! Taking into account, the c/w and exam weighting ratio, 25% to 75%, suddenly coursework doesn't feel too much of a burden.
Oo, well done!! and what a shame:frown:

:ahee: Lit coursework was on Relationships (and had Macbeth:colonhash:)

Oh the food! Other class did that

Yeah, hopefully still an A*! It helped I had S1-2/3 knowledge before sitting the exam:biggrin:
Original post by Ben6597

Posted from TSR Mobile

Depends who they are. If they're a friend whom I expect to do well I'll still be happy, but if it's a friend who got low marks in coursework etc. then I'd be a bit jealous. Hard to say really, but in all honesty I don't really get excited or proud any more... It's weird. Last results day I opened them and just walked straight out without much emotion... I'd like it to be like that this time round but I doubt it will because I imagine I won't get exactly what I want. :s-smilie:
Reply 3159
:ahee: Lit coursework was on Relationships (and had Macbeth:colonhash:)

Oh the food! Other class did that

Yeah, hopefully still an A*! It helped I had S1-2/3 knowledge before sitting the exam:biggrin:

Ah, now that makes a lot more sense:tongue:

Aw hopefully so fingers crossed!!:console: and how lucky of you! After reading the spec over and picking up on topics, I pretty much went into that exam naked of stats knowledge (we had literally 2 weeks in class to prepare:mad:)

Latest