The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Is it normal if you get BBBB at AS to come out next year with an ABB-AAA because at A level you can get an A*.

I just don't understand it fully. e.g. if I get a AAAA does that mean I technically have A*A*A*A* (not going to get that). And if I get BBBB which is most likely does it mean I will get AAAA?

Oh also I understand you can have a High A and a High B and a low A and a low B but the difference of a grade is only like 5-8 marks:biggrin:
Original post by sessess
My college doesn't let AS students in to get results until NOON. 21 hours to go...

Noon?! My sixth form lets year 13s in at 6:30 and year 12s in at 9 O_o
Anyone waiting to see if they've got into Queen's Belfast? :tongue:
so much has been leading up to tomorrow 8am.
if someone gave me my results right now I dont think i'd be mentally prepared for it :K:
Original post by swissking
just found out my firm, university of birmingham has places in clearing for law if you get ABB.

This is a relief since i'm sure i've missed my insurance for law :frown:
Original post by RoseBrilliante

woahhh bit extreme no? :eek::eek:
Reply 7766
Original post by needtosucceed=)
oh cool :smile:
pharmacy for me! whats ur offer?

AAB what about u?
Has anyone seen Liverpool clearing list? They've practically got every course in clearing...

...I think they're a joke uni. AAA for History normally, goes to ABB. When I applied last year it went down to BBB as did many other courses.

Think they need to take a long look at themselves and realise they're not that prestigious.

<3 negs. It's true though. Their quality of teaching and reputation don't deserve such high entry requirements. They could easily have filled these places with ABB applicants before clearing if they didn't overrate themselves so much.
(edited 10 years ago)
My sixth form opens at 10am :frown:
Original post by nadster
I'm gona try to get a good night's sleep tonight..will take my mind off it for a while.
I've been telling everyone to expect Us from me now for the past month or so, they just laugh :frown:

ah yea tbh i reckon i'll fall asleep unintentionally anyways aha.
LOL well at least you can say you did a lot better than expected :tongue:
Original post by ameliestia
So will we get an email from the Unis tomorrow?
Or one from UCAS saying something has been changed, or do we get anything more specific?

You get a specific email from track at 8:10am if yours has changed saying that you're into your firm/insurance or else you're in clearing :frown: good luck!
Reply 7772
I've received Good Luck and 'we still have places in clearing' cards in the post from my Insurance Choice and some others that I originally applied for but I haven't heard anything from my firm. Is this a bad sign? Or am I just panicking and reading way too much into it :confused:. Thanks!

6:30? Wow they do not joke!
Original post by James A
My sixth form opens at 10am :frown:

so was mine originally..9.30 or 10.
just checked the website today and its now 8.30am :eek: maybe its cause theres loads of us in clearing so we need results early ahah.
but tbh as long as I get into my firm/insurance im not majorly fussed over results :smile:
woahhh bit extreme no? :eek::eek:

I was wrong (checked school website). It's 6, not 6:30 :/
Reply 7776
Original post by tomb1994
Have the edexcel grade boundaries been released!?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It has already been released, check previous posts for the link! :O
Reply 7777
Original post by lou_100
It was 10 or 11 last year for me and I remember being so annoyed. But then again, now I understand it's so they can sort out the A2 lot in the morning which can take hours if people have missed choices etc. Hang in there!

Yeah they're prioritising the A2s who need to go through clearing and stuff, so that when we go in we can talk to teachers and discuss next year. It sucks, but I'm sure I'll appreciate it next year if I need their help!
sure thing..

Spoiler

Thank you :ahee:

:groovy:
I was wrong (checked school website). It's 6, not 6:30 :/

OMG even earlier!
are you gonna stay up the whole night?

Latest