The Student Room Group

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Grade boundaries

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LordFishlock
Anyone do Critical Thinking AS OCR? Unit 1 was fairly high for this unit at 57, but 49 for Unit 2 is crazy low. The scary part? I am almost sure I did better on unit 2 :confused:

Same! I didn't even finish the long question in the first paper, but I had 20 minutes to spare in the second paper!
Where is Edexcel?
Reply 1163
Original post by wontdeny
Does anybody know when the CCEA boundaries are expected to be released?

They won't be - CCEA don't release them.
Original post by kingdoo
Is it normal if you get BBBB at AS to come out next year with an ABB-AAA because at A level you can get an A*.

I just don't understand it fully. e.g. if I get a AAAA does that mean I technically have A*A*A*A* (not going to get that). And if I get BBBB which is most likely does it mean I will get AAAA?

Not really, I would say A2 gets harder so logically that statement based on numerous assumption is only sometimes true.

No it doesn't, AAAA can either be 90+ A or 80-90, 90+ is more like A* material but still not guaranteed it depends on various factors.

If you have BBBB I think you'd get ABBB at A2, getting 4B's and continue 4B's is not wise, I would drop one and focus on reaching uni offers
Original post by Robbie242
Not really, I would say A2 gets harder so logically that statement based on numerous assumption is only sometimes true.

No it doesn't, AAAA can either be 90+ A or 80-90, 90+ is more like A* material but still not guaranteed it depends on various factors.

If you have BBBB I think you'd get ABBB at A2, getting 4B's and continue 4B's is not wise, I would drop one and focus on reaching uni offers

I understand that A level is harder but the grade boundaries are really low for me well they are in geography it is only 62% for an A this year and it is the same at A2 that it is in the 60%'s.

History and psychology are much higher though like a B to an A in psychology at AS it is like 10-15 marks difference.

I am probably going to do 4 next year because I dropped chemistry and we were forced to do general studies AS and the uni I want to go to accepts it so it will be like a back up.

I need ABB if I get BBB is that likely:biggrin:
Reply 1166
Original post by Dreamsandpeace
Omg I'm going to Dubai soon too!! :biggrin:

OMG!! which hotel are you staying at!! im soo excited! :biggrin:
Are OCR out yet? Can't seem to find a link.
Original post by überambitious_ox
Are OCR out yet? Can't seem to find a link.

the link is in the original post of this thread
Reply 1169
Have AQA released their boundries???
Original post by Vorsah
Ocr chemistry f322 is too high for an A

I think it should be 78/77 for an A.

Ocr economics f582 is too high for an A, should be 45

Jus hope I scrape an A in chem AS

Where did you find these?
Original post by Robbie242
the link is in the original post of this thread

Thanks very much. :smile:
OCR Music exam 58/90 for an A youwhat youwhat.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What is MEI playing at?! :afraid:
is it just me or are the aqa physics GRADE BOUNDRYS TOO HIGH?
Original post by Blast Tyrant
OCR Music exam 58/90 for an A youwhat youwhat.

Posted from TSR Mobile

YES THEN

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by g4adaffi
is it just me or are the aqa physics GRADE BOUNDRYS TOO HIGH?

Unit 1 exam was pretty straightforward so I kinda agree with the grade boundary, but really wanted Unit 2 to be like 47 for an A :frown: also the ISA grade boundries have been increased as well :frown: what are your thoughts?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1177
So for edexcel Maths which grade Boundary do I look at I took the C3 replacement paper????

So confused...
OCR national and international economy - how much needed for 90 UMS?

Any guesses?
i cant work out how many marks i needed in the Fields, Particles and Frontiers of Physics (A2) exam to get 59 UMS points, can some help me out

Quick Reply

Latest