The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University for the Creative Arts
University for the Creative Arts
Farnham

Questions about The University for the Creative Arts?

Hello,

We're here to help so if you have any questions related to the courses on offer or the social scene at each of the UCA campuses send us your queries.

Good luck tomorrow,

Rebecca

Scroll to see replies

Hello, just making sure that the course "UALAB level 3 extended diploma in art and design" at the Rochester campus is a pre-degree? Meaning that it is for 16-17 year olds? Thank you.
Students on campus at the University for the Creative Arts
University for the Creative Arts
Farnham
Original post by Anonymous97537
Hello, just making sure that the course "UALAB level 3 extended diploma in art and design" at the Rochester campus is a pre-degree? Meaning that it is for 16-17 year olds? Thank you.

Hi, yes that's correct, it's a two year pre-degree course aimed at 16-17 year olds.
Hello,
I have to apply next year and I wanted to ask a question regarding the Fine Art BA. Does the Fine Art BA covers all the aspects of art or you get to chose a major? I am really interested in painting, mostly watercolour and I wanted to know if this course would be a good choice. I have 1 more year to decide on courses and universities, but the UCA course presentation is really interesting.

Thank you!
Hi Artsaveslife,

It's a mixture of both really - you start by covering all aspects of fine art, and as the degree progresses you can narrow in on the medium and the themes that you want to focus on for your final major project. However, this can be as many as you wish. The courses ethos is very much about giving you the tools and then letting you create your own unique artwork.

We have some in-depth course descriptions for our Fine Art courses here and here

Hopefully that helps? Let me know if you have any other questions.

All the best
Emma
Thank you! That's really helpful.
Hi , I was just wondering about the application process. I have already applied about three weeks ago, and I'm very anxious and excited to hear back. How long after applications are potential students invited to interview? Or does UCA wait until all applications are in before choosing successful candidates?

Thank you
Original post by cookroselily
Hi , I was just wondering about the application process. I have already applied about three weeks ago, and I'm very anxious and excited to hear back. How long after applications are potential students invited to interview? Or does UCA wait until all applications are in before choosing successful candidates?

Thank you

Hi cookroselily,

Just checking that you have heard back from UCA on your application? We work through these as fast as we can but sometimes this can take up to a month if we have a large amount of applications to work through.

All the best
Emma
Original post by University for the Creative Arts
Hi cookroselily,

Just checking that you have heard back from UCA on your application? We work through these as fast as we can but sometimes this can take up to a month if we have a large amount of applications to work through.

All the best
Emma

Yes, I have thank you, I've had an interview. Just me being impatient!
Thank you,
Lily
Reply 9
Hi,
I had my interview for fashion journalism 2 weeks ago and I was wondering how many people they take on the course and when will they get back to me on if I have a place or not?
Thanks!
Hi Rach,

Even if you don't get a place on the course we will always get back in touch with you and let you know, as well as giving you some feedback and options of how to go forward (for example we may recommend that you take a Foundation year with us if appropriate). We will get back to you as soon as a decision has been made, and we're endeavouring to do this as quickly as possible.

Thanks,
Emma
Reply 11
I had my interview for Fashion Journalism on the 10th of January, which was over 2 weeks ago. I have kept in touch with all of the girls that I got given the tour/group interview with (there was only 4 of us) and one them got a conditional yesterday, when I haven't heard anything at all? I would have thought we would have all heard at the same time?
Hello,

We're here to help so if you have any questions related to the courses on offer or the social scene at each of the UCA campuses send us your queries.

Good luck tomorrow,

Rebecca

Hello,
I was just wondering if UCA Epsom, being that it is within the M25, is considered learning in London? Therefore get the same maintenance loan as those who study in the actual city? Thanks
Original post by Emarsdenhill
Hello,
I was just wondering if UCA Epsom, being that it is within the M25, is considered learning in London? Therefore get the same maintenance loan as those who study in the actual city? Thanks

Hi,

Epsom is classed as studying within London, so you would be eligible for London rates for your maintenance loan.

Thanks,
Emma
Reply 14
Hello,

Good luck tomorrow,

Rebecca

Hello,
I'm thinking of applying to MA Fashion management & marketing and I would like to ask if it's very competitive to get onto this course and if I need a portfolio. Thank you!
Hi Jane,

You won't need a formal portfolio, but we will invite you for an applicant day, including an interview with the course leader and lecturer so it may be a good idea to have a couple of pieces of work at hand - once you've applied for the course the course leader will be able to give you more details about what to expect at interview level.

I would say that FMM is one of our more competitive courses, but an impressive application and interview will stand you with an excellent chance of being accepted.

Thanks,
Emma
Reply 16
Hello

I come from HK, just confirm the couse - international foundation art and design at Farnham.
I want to know when i need to confirm my degree couse and how much time set aside for admission procedures?

Thanks
Sally
Reply 17
Hi

I come from HK, just confirm the couse - international foundation art and design at Farnham.
i want to know, when i need to confirm my degree course?
How much time enrollment procedures need to reserve?
Hi

I've just been given a place through clearing and I live quite far away (Teesside to be exact) I was told on the phone accommodation would be allocated on distance but I'm still a bit on edge about it. Is there a set date for it to open for clearing applicants or not? Thank you :smile:
Original post by imjustrach
Hi

I've just been given a place through clearing and I live quite far away (Teesside to be exact) I was told on the phone accommodation would be allocated on distance but I'm still a bit on edge about it. Is there a set date for it to open for clearing applicants or not? Thank you :smile:

Hi Rach,

I'm so sorry I didn't pick this up until now - no there's no final date for Clearing students, but it is done on whether there is any space. I would call up the accommodation office and ask about your options. The numbers are:

UCA Canterbury: 01227 817380
UCA Epsom: 01372 202448
UCA Farnham: 01252 892974
UCA Rochester: 01634 888723

Hopefully that helps,

Thanks,
Emma

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending