The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xMr_BrightSide
No, an A grade at AS level is 80 UMS out of 100, same as at A2. The only difference is that 90/100 UMS at A2 gives an A*, whereas if you got 90/100 at AS it would only be shown as an A (albeit a high one).

Your performances at AS won't help to get an A* in A2, as you need an average of 90/100 at A2 level specifically.

But for like geography 75 out of 120 raw marks is an A
gonna distract myself from waiting bc I'm too nervous now... going to see kick ass 2 with my sister and she's paying :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7882
Original post by imthe12
Look at one grade each hour

hahha.
Original post by Robbie242
Expecting the worst for F582

Expecting better for History

hmm I'm not sure whether to be happy or not, as I'm taking econ to A2

You'll be alright, I thought I'd screwed up macro, ended up with really high ums!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kuku2013
yeah firm for computer science what about u what course

hy. im applying to computer science (BEng/MEng) through clearing... can u help me on these questions..
1) why do you want to study computer science?
2) why do you want to study computer science at our university?

Thx :biggrin:... by the way what grades do u need to achieve to get into computer science??
if worse does come, isn't it a waste of time to come in to collect your results? when you could be at home making calls

you can find out whether you got in to uni way before the time most schools/colleges open their doors (10:00am seems to be the consensus) just by logging into track
I just got an email from my Firm :eek:
I saw the email address, then I saw the subject; "Good luck tomorrow from Southampton!"
Gah, Got my hopes up there!
Original post by PythianLegume
If you get AAAA, then technically you have AAAA. If you get over 90% then it is equivalent to an A*, but you can't get an A* at AS-Level. Often people do improve at A2, and if you get BBBB at AS, you can generally get offers for courses with higher requirements, like AAB.

OK thank you.
Original post by kingdoo

He was only talking about UMS marks - all grades are done on UMS marks.
Original post by noone29
Actually, the higher classes control everything, wealth, the amount of tax collected, education, public sector, top private sector.

No good in complaining. Better to get your head down and try and break into it. You're complaining about universities and A-levels.

You're gonna have a rude awakening when you come to find a job if you're trying to enter traditional upper middle professions.

I'm at university, it's summer, and I have nothing better to do right now. I'm not a money-crazy person and I don't particularly want a high-powered job to support a family I don't even want to have. Life is for enjoying.
Original post by PythianLegume
Well the UK paper for C3 this year was unusually hard.

I found the paper I did unusually hard as well.
Original post by JOR2010
You'll be alright, I thought I'd screwed up macro, ended up with really high ums!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've definitely lost 2 marks but then I could've lost a ton from the rest of the paper. With boundaries of 49/60 you can never be certain.

At least time is going relatively fast
Original post by Vivaviolin77
teachers got them before us

I am so scared it's unbelievable. :frown:
Original post by Jack93o
if worse does come, isn't it a waste of time to come in to collect your results? when you could be at home making calls

you can find out whether you got in to uni way before the time most schools/colleges open their doors (10:00am seems to be the consensus) just by logging into track

You'll need to know your grades so you know which unis to apply for in clearing.

Original post by sneha.vag
I found the paper I did unusually hard as well.

I thought you said you did the same ones as the UK?
Original post by Jack93o

You need to know your results to talk properly to the universities you want to be calling.
Reply 7895
Original post by studentgcse
hy. im applying to computer science (BEng/MEng) through clearing... can u help me on these questions..
1) why do you want to study computer science?
2) why do you want to study computer science at our university?

Thx :biggrin:... by the way what grades do u need to achieve to get into computer science??

AAB
1) don't really know about the first I could never give a proper answer talked about how technology is the way forward in the future. 2) talk about the reputation of the university n how u believe it will help you
not gonna look any teachers in the eye before getting results
i sent in my OCD medical proof letter to the university, but they havent replied to confirm that they have got it?
Original post by kingdoo

I was talking UMS.
Reply 7899
I had to retake my AS year after getting four grade Us :tongue: ..had to transfer to one of the worst schools in my town. Funny thing was that my last school, which is presumed to be one of the top, said that i'd get UUUU again or highest EEEE if I retook my year with them. I'm in my A2 now and I'm predicted to get A*A*B tomorrow from the 'worst school':rolleyes:

- moral? doesn't matter how good the school is if they can't even encourage and support their students to do well. As long as you put the hard work in, you can go from a grade U to A* easily :dumbells:. This school gave me the most support than my old school ever did, glad I decided to come here otherwise I would've been at lower rank universities like my old friends and not even take a second glance at the top rank universities.

14hours left guys... Good luck to everyone :bl: :borat: :goodluck:

Latest