The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by radhikagulati
how did you find it?

I only need a low A to get an A* overall but I panicked in the exam and I'm really scared I'm not gonna get it :/ hopefully it will be around 40 for an A so 20 in each essay out of thirty

good luck for thursday!

I did Of Mice and Men, 'Sunlight on the Grass' and 'Moon on the Tides'.

I worked my butt off for this exam! Like it probably took up 50% of my total revision. I thought the exam questions were good, (although the historical context one for OMAM was tricky). I had already done essays for the other 3 in the first paper, and the text which was taken from the novel was the exact same one I had annotated and planned for prior to the exam. The poetry I think went well, I covered everything (structure, title, form etc...) and tried to give alternate opinions and the unseen poem was alright (hard to tell, I think I did as best as I could.)

I only have my marks for the controlled assessment, (38/40). I'd be pretty disappointed if I didn't get my target grade given how much effort I put in, but hohey, what will be will be,

Thank-you! Good luck too!
Reply 3181
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I'll be sure to post them :smile:

:sadnod:

Why would an A Level student take 11 GCSEs (and already have sat 5) in a year?:tongue:

I'm in Year 11, sat Maths A2 and History AS early :smile:

UHMM well, regardless of his first impression, he may have underperformed in his 11 GCSEs and chose to re-do all 11 of them:rolleyes:

Ooh get you:biggrin: Which exam board covered your History AS?
Original post by elixirs
UHMM well, regardless of his first impression, he may have underperformed in his 11 GCSEs and chose to re-do all 11 of them:rolleyes:

Ooh get you:biggrin: Which exam board covered your History AS?

Who's he?:wink:

:erm: WJEC! For all:frown:
Reply 3183
Who's he?:wink:

:erm: WJEC! For all:frown:

A sinister sea creature apparently:tongue:

Ooer, WJEC are a modest exam board though!
I have the notourious Edexcel for all mine now:colone:
Original post by elixirs
A sinister sea creature apparently:tongue:

Ooer, WJEC are a modest exam board though!
I have the notourious Edexcel for all mine now:colone:

:teehee: that was good:h:

Modest?:tongue:
Oooh :wink: edexcel are good for maths :colonhash:
Original post by tess_rach
Spanish, French, English language, history and dance - nothing remotely mathsy at all!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm surprised I got through GCSE Spanish alive, I even forgot the question on the back of the reading exam paper! Probably my most hated subject haha. And i'm the complete opposite with math, anything related to numbers is my thing - Economics, Computing, Maths and Physics, I will soon hack the planet :colone:
Reply 3186
:teehee: that was good:h:

Modest?:tongue:
Oooh :wink: edexcel are good for maths :colonhash:

... It was nothing:smug:

Yup! you never catch WJEC in marking/grade boundary scandals!!

They are, I admit...
especially when you're not doing maths:tongue:
Original post by elixirs
... It was nothing:smug:

Yup! you never catch WJEC in marking/grade boundary scandals!!

They are, I admit...
especially when you're not doing maths:tongue:

:tongue:

Really? Last year, English? I got A*s/Full Marks in all controlled assessments and mocks. Got a C and a D in the exams. (A overall though)

:lol: what you doing?
Reply 3188
I'll be sure to post them :smile:

:sadnoi:

Why would an A Level student take 11 GCSEs (and already have sat 5) in a year?:tongue:

I'm in Year 11, sat Maths A2 and History AS early :smile:

Sorry to interrupt but,
Did you find as history alot harder than gcse history? (Thats if you did gcse history that is haha)
Original post by Benn96
Sorry to interrupt but,
Did you find as history alot harder than gcse history? (Thats if you did gcse history that is haha)

I did the GCSE in... Year 9!

Now the GCSE was useless in helping imo, I loved the AS. 1000 x better than the GCSE :biggrin:
Coursework, 40 marks. On a theme, compare a Shakespeare with poems for me...

Geography! How did you find it? Spec A/B? My three topics were... Coasts, Urban and Retail Change and Tourism.

Oh yeah, I rememeber doing that now. I compared some war poetry with Romeo and Juliet... I remember getting an A in it, but I don't recall what mark I got! I was off school throughout most of the preparation for that piece of coursework so I did most of the prep at home by myself while I was ill, so I'm quite proud of my A haha! In unit 1 I got an A* (68/70 UMS) and unit 2 kinda went okay, but English is definitely not my subject so I'd be okay with an overall B and really really pleased with an A. My teacher seems to think I'm capable of an overall A* but I think that may be a little unrealistic for me :tongue:

I did spec A too, and I also did those exact themes as well for unit 2! In unit 1 and in the coursework I got full UMS which was a complete shock since geography also really isn't my subject either.. :tongue: I'd be content with an A overall, but I'm hoping for an A* since I've done so well so far :smile:
Reply 3191
:tongue:

Really? Last year, English? I got A*s/Full Marks in all controlled assessments and mocks. Got a C and a D in the exams. (A overall though)

:lol: what you doing?

Yeah in comparison to Edexcel and AQA!
Oh, was it the foxes one (we did it as a mock)? I did the Jan and June one this year, the result to the Jan one was slightly disappointing and what makes matters worse is that we were given a number and no grade:colone: Luckily a secure A will get me an A*...that's if I get it!

I'm doing English Lit, History, French, Biology, hosted by the one and only Edexcel:colone::colone:
Original post by HeyThereHarry
Oh yeah, I rememeber doing that now. I compared some war poetry with Romeo and Juliet... I remember getting an A in it, but I don't recall what mark I got! I was off school throughout most of the preparation for that piece of coursework so I did most of the prep at home by myself while I was ill, so I'm quite proud of my A haha! In unit 1 I got an A* (68/70 UMS) and unit 2 kinda went okay, but English is definitely not my subject so I'd be okay with an overall B and really really pleased with an A. My teacher seems to think I'm capable of an overall A* but I think that may be a little unrealistic for me :tongue:

I did spec A too, and I also did those exact themes as well for unit 2! In unit 1 and in the coursework I got full UMS which was a complete shock since geography also really isn't my subject either.. :tongue: I'd be content with an A overall, but I'm hoping for an A* since I've done so well so far :smile:

You did Conflict then :redface: I had bloody relationships!

That's really good :yep: I had 62 :ahee: you might get the A*! I want it now :teeth:

Same! :five: although my coursework was marked strictly at 94/100:/ so I might drop a UMS, but it is being moderated so!
Reply 3193
I did the GCSE in... Year 9!

Now the GCSE wait useless in helping imo, I loved the AS. 1000 x better than the GCSE :biggrin:

Ahh so many six formers from my previous school were telling me how hard It was so i was dredding next year haha
Original post by Benn96
Ahh so many six formers from my previous school were telling me how hard It was so i was dredding next year haha

:nah: I got an A in the second unit in year ten, so it can't be that hard :lol:
Reply 3195
Guys do any of u have any idea about the grade boundaries?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3196
:nah: I got an A in the second unit in year ten, so it can't be that hard :lol:

But from what ive seen on here, you my friend are a genius
Original post by Benn96
But from what ive seen on here, you my friend are a genius

You've not seen much then :teehee:
You did Conflict then :redface: I had bloody relationships!

That's really good :yep: I had 62 :ahee: you might get the A*! I want it now :teeth:

Same! :five: although my coursework was marked strictly at 94/100:/ so I might drop a UMS, but it is being moderated so!

Haha, relationships doesn't sound tooooooo bad? I'm sure you'll get that A* :biggrin:

My geography teacher gave me 100/100, and in previous years his feedback from wjec regarding his marking has stated he's too harsh! So I'm pretty confident moderation won't bring down my score, but I'm concerned that this year he's been overly lenient as a result of trying to not be as harsh a marker as usual... But even so it shouldn't make much difference to the UMS mark. I hate geography anyway haha :tongue:

How did you find the geography unit 2 exam? I was incredibly nervous for it, but I think it probably went okay. I was running out of time towards the end because I always end up trying to write waaaaay more than is necessary for each question to make sure I get all the marks... But this meant I had to rush the final few questions :/
Time was an issue with my RS exam as well, but hopefully I'll still get an A* in that :crossedf:
My teachers always train us to include more points than are needed to ensure we get the marks, but it's impossible to write as much as they expect us to in class in the actual exams!
Reply 3199
How did everyone find the maths exam? (Higher,OCR)?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest