The Student Room Group

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Grade boundaries

Scroll to see replies

May I ask if any of you guys knows the grade boundaries for physics G485? Thx☺

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1201
Original post by Technetium
Same! Oh my goodness, even C4 is a bit high. :afraid:

I couldn't believe M2 though. Lose 15 marks and still get 90%! That's crazy! My offer pretty much rests on me getting 93% in that now.. :argh:
Reply 1202
Can anyone make sense of the Edexcel C3 and C4 grade boundaries? There are '01' boundaries and then '01r' boundaries - what does this mean?

(Sorry if anyone's posted about this already)
Is it common for AQA to raise a grade boundary by 5 marks? They did that for the P.E exam I took. I feel less confident about it now :frown:
Original post by NJam
I couldn't believe M2 though. Lose 15 marks and still get 90%! That's crazy! My offer pretty much rests on me getting 93% in that now.. :argh:

The boundaries for M2 really do reflect the difficulty of the paper. I hope you get it :smile:, what is your offer? Are your subjects specified?
Original post by gman10
What do you need to get into uni?

I'm doing AS only bro :tongue:

I did 3 AS and 1 Btec
Reply 1206
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Wow so OCR have released grade boundaries already. Cool. Take notes AQA!

Aqa released there's at like the same time

Posted from TSR Mobile
where are the aqa ones?
Reply 1208
Original post by niceguy95
I'm doing AS only bro :tongue:

I did 3 AS and 1 Btec

Ah okay :P Good luck anyway!
Original post by mrhedgehog
where are the aqa ones?

on the 1st page comeon!
Reply 1210
Original post by Technetium
The boundaries for M2 really do reflect the difficulty of the paper. I hope you get it :smile:, what is your offer? Are your subjects specified?

Yeah, a lot of people came out of that exam very unhappy at my school and it shows! Thanks :smile:

I need an A in Additional Further Maths AS, that's what Durham want. So, essentially, because of the way you have to arrange grades, if I get 93 UMS in M2, that will mean I have an A* in FM, so I have more flexibility with the modules I can put into my AFM grade. It's all rather confusing, but if I get that grade in M2, and haven't messed up my other exams too badly, I should be ok. If not.. I'm screwed!

What about you? I'm sure the high grade boundaries reflect the fact that we've done better than expected :smile:.
Original post by g4adaffi
on the 1st page comeon!

Yeah but it only shows the UMS, not raw marks!
Original post by g4adaffi
on the 1st page comeon!

they're the UMS ones - the raw ones seem to have gone :confused:
Original post by FinnianC
Can anyone make sense of the Edexcel C3 and C4 grade boundaries? There are '01' boundaries and then '01r' boundaries - what does this mean?

(Sorry if anyone's posted about this already)

01 are the UK exams, 01r are the international ones with different papers for students in time zones of more than 6 hours than UK or something. It says so in the intro :wink:
Original post by AGrumpyMole
they're the UMS ones - the raw ones seem to have gone :confused:

I found them on the aqa twitter page :smile:
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-A-LEVEL-GDE-BDY-JUNE-2013.PDF
Original post by Picture~Perfect
AQA Chemistry is higher than I would like, 80/100 for an A :frown:

Edit; For Chem 4

I hate Chem 4's grade boundaries. :frown: They used to be lower before 2012. Dunno what changed. :/
Does anyone have a link to Arsey's C4 mark scheme please?
Original post by lisa96
Yeah also I think a few people got confused about the demand and supply curve shifting? I loved the question on regulations as well, although if it had come up in January's exam I would have failed since I didn't revise regulations lol.

I thought 49 seemed pretty average? Since its the highest, i'm guessing that a lot of people must have done pretty well then. I hope i've done enough to get an A :smile:

yeah there was that too , i think the essay has saved me on that exam if i'm honest , although i don;t know for sure and we will see tomorrow morning :smile:

nah , 49 is the highest it has ever been for an A. its usually around 46/47 out of 60 for the A but i dunno... like you said it must mean everyone has done well , so who knows :smile:
Original post by cat-lover
I hate Chem 4's grade boundaries. :frown: They used to be lower before 2012. Dunno what changed. :/

I know how you feel, they seem really high :frown:
For my Physics exam 64 marks is B but for Chemistry 64 marks is a C, it seems unfair but I'm guessing there were lots of people who did well in Chemistry, that or AQA just hates students lol
Original post by NJam
Yeah, a lot of people came out of that exam very unhappy at my school and it shows! Thanks :smile:

I need an A in Additional Further Maths AS, that's what Durham want. So, essentially, because of the way you have to arrange grades, if I get 93 UMS in M2, that will mean I have an A* in FM, so I have more flexibility with the modules I can put into my AFM grade. It's all rather confusing, but if I get that grade in M2, and haven't messed up my other exams too badly, I should be ok. If not.. I'm screwed!

What about you? I'm sure the high grade boundaries reflect the fact that we've done better than expected :smile:.

I only need 3 As :colondollar: for Imperial, but the Maths boundaries have me worried slightly.. Another DE candidate! Only 2 people in my school did DE haha we are quite rare. M2 was horrendous! Probably one of the worst exams I have ever sat >.< but hopefully I have done better than I felt *Sigh*. I am sure you will be okay, MEI always juggles around the modules in a satisfactory manner. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest