The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7420
Original post by ubi1
phone conversation between Fed and Nole a day before Montreal starts:

Nole: Hey Fed, what's up?..

Fed: hey djokester! I'm about to board my private jet, I'm playing Montreal you know..

Nole: great! I've been here for a week now, practicing hard and I'm enjoying the media attention too..

Fed: haven't seen the line-up yet but, are there good players participating this year?..

Nole: the usual suspects, you know how it is. DelPo is here, Murray too, Raonic and Jerzy and oh, Rafa has decided to show up....

Fed: RAFA's there? He told me he wouldn't make it...

Nole: what time are you arriving at the airport, if you want, I'll pick you up...

(long silence)

Nole: Fed? are you still there?...

Fed: yeah yeah I'm still here uhmmmm...

Nole: shall I pick you up at the airport?...

Fed: you know what...uhmm I forgot my golden bag... I'm not gonna make it to the tournament after all.

Nole: don't worry about the bag, I'll get you a new one..

(long silence)

Nole: hello Fed?

Fed: yes, still here..

Nole: well? shall I pick you up?

Fed: you know what, maybe I should stay at home because Mirka told me I never help her with the kids. Can you believe that woman? So I should probably skip this tournament.

Nole: admit it man..

Fed: admit what?..

Nole: you're afraid to become the first to be beaten 21 times by Rafa..

Fed: c'mon man, I need to see my kids...

Nole: whatever. you're scared. anyway, talk to you later after I've beaten Rafa...

Fed: hey good luck!..

(after the semifinal, Fed calls Novak)

Nole: hello, Rog...You know you were scheduled to play Rafa in the quarterfinals right?..

Fed: so everyone has a huge record now. Mine is 17 majors, Rafa has 9 consecutive years and you are the first man to be beaten 21 times by Rafa. hahhahahah bye!

Nole: hello, hello??

Lol, it's funny but I don't think it makes much sense considering that Montreal wasn't played on clay/slow HC but on faster HCs. Federer would happily play Nadal there, infact he would play him anywhere. He isn't a coward.
Original post by JOR2010
Oh Tipsy. I remember when he was ranked #8... where is he now? Who do we think is going to make the Race for London? Where do you think Roger will end up? :/

Tipsy is world No. 18 at the moment - what a fall from grace he's had over the last year or so.

I just can't predict who will end up at the Tour Finals, it's been an odd season so far (hopefully Roger stays at No. 5 or maybe even pushes for No. 4)
ugh, so frustraiting that I didnt complete my choices :frown: - really enjoyed following the last one.. but this one I can get barely any points with a half-filled selection..
Original post by fallen_acorns
ugh, so frustraiting that I didnt complete my choices :frown: - really enjoyed following the last one.. but this one I can get barely any points with a half-filled selection..

That is unlucky - the Montreal/Cincinnati and Madrid/Rome turnovers are pretty quick, so it's best to try and fit in all your picks on a Saturday.

I'm a little annoyed that Gulbis has gone out to Youzhny - I picked Murray to lose in R2 to him, but he will beat Youzhny with ease and probably mess up the bottom half of the draw for me if he does really well.
Reply 7424
Original post by Krish4791
That is unlucky - the Montreal/Cincinnati and Madrid/Rome turnovers are pretty quick, so it's best to try and fit in all your picks on a Saturday.

I'm a little annoyed that Gulbis has gone out to Youzhny - I picked Murray to lose in R2 to him, but he will beat Youzhny with ease and probably mess up the bottom half of the draw for me if he does really well.

Never bet on Murray to beat someone with ease. :laugh:
With Gulbis out early it means he won't be seeded which means he will be a very dangerous floater in the early rounds. Pospisil vs Goffin is actually happening!!!!! really hope it is on one of the televised courts
Original post by Prendah
Never bet on Murray to beat someone with ease. :laugh:

To be fair he has only had unexpected losses to decent players ie mahut on grass, gulbis, janowciz, raonic and i guess chardy in the last year or so.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7427
Original post by xxxKINGxxx
To be fair he has only had unexpected losses to decent players ie mahut on grass, gulbis, janowciz, raonic and i guess chardy in the last year or so.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know, I was only joking.
Reply 7428
Federer back to the old 90 racket as the commentators just mentioned.
Original post by Prendah
I know, I was only joking.

I somewhat agreed with your joke. Maybe with the exception of Federer nowadays, Murray is the most unpredictable player in terms of performance in the top 4. The game gets controlled by the other too often.
Fed back to his old racket.. What do people think? Anyone see his match vs. Kohlschreiber?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7432
Murray looking better today than against Gulbis, although Youzhny is contributing a large amount of UE.
Original post by Prendah
Murray looking better today than against Gulbis, although Youzhny is contributing a large amount of UE.

Murray often in games against players ranked lower than 10 lets the other player make the points through UEs. He only goes aggressive when its someone like federer or djokovic when you can't sit back.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7434
Original post by xxxKINGxxx
Murray often in games against players ranked lower than 10 lets the other player make the points through UEs. He only goes aggressive when its someone like federer or djokovic when you can't sit back.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, especially when someone is spraying them like Youzhny is.
Reply 7435
Oh my. Did anyone see that tweener lob by Delpo?
Reply 7436
Original post by JOR2010
Fed back to his old racket.. What do people think? Anyone see his match vs. Kohlschreiber?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Definitely better than those clay tournaments last month, with a bit of less shanking. Although, his level of play is still not good enough to get by Nadal.
Well, this came out of nowhere: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/23707662

I'll miss her quirks on the tennis court.
Really strange, the linked article below that was her talking about how she wanted to win more Slams, that was only back in Jun. That is quite a turn around.
Well tbh it was unlikely that she would win another slam so I guess she is satisfied now

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest