The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HeyThereHarry
Haha, relationships doesn't sound tooooooo bad? I'm sure you'll get that A* :biggrin:

My geography teacher gave me 100/100, and in previous years his feedback from wjec regarding his marking has stated he's too harsh! So I'm pretty confident moderation won't bring down my score, but I'm concerned that this year he's been overly lenient as a result of trying to not be as harsh a marker as usual... But even so it shouldn't make much difference to the UMS mark. I hate geography anyway haha :tongue:

How did you find the geography unit 2 exam? I was incredibly nervous for it, but I think it probably went okay. I was running out of time towards the end because I always end up trying to write waaaaay more than is necessary for each question to make sure I get all the marks... But this meant I had to rush the final few questions :/
Time was an issue with my RS exam as well, but hopefully I'll still get an A* in that :crossedf:
My teachers always train us to include more points than are needed to ensure we get the marks, but it's impossible to write as much as they expect us to in class in the actual exams!

It was actually okay, I hate Macbeth though...

Oh wow that's great! I loved the coursework:biggrin:

I thought it was okay, questions were a bit meh at times but I agree! I actually had little time left :eek:

RE was easy foe time, but actual content meeeh :frown:
guys do you have any idea when our grade boundaries will be out??
Original post by parasagarwal01
guys do you have any idea when our grade boundaries will be out??

Majority are out the day before results usually except WJec whixh will probably be the 22nd
Original post by techno836
Majority are out the day before results usually except WJec whixh will probably be the 22nd

cool..thanks.. :smile:
I know this is an unusual question, but does anyone have a least favourite exam board, or a preferred one?

My least favourite has to be AQA, some of the changes in grade boundaries (for the worse) are horrific :rolleyes:
Original post by sophie238
I know this is an unusual question, but does anyone have a least favourite exam board, or a preferred one?

My least favourite has to be AQA, some of the changes in grade boundaries (for the worse) are horrific :rolleyes:

I like AQA for the exam structure and content :smile: but I don't like WJEC or OCR that much :frown:

Original post by parasagarwal01
cool..thanks.. :smile:

No problem :smile:
I am really nervous for results day, especially because I get stressed in exams and tend to under-perform. I took triple science, french, physical education, and geography. Obviously, the English baccalaureate scheme that failed was introduced to our year so it was mandatory to take a language and a humanity but I was going to take them anyway. Any idea about grade boundaries? I'm hoping to get at least B's in all of my subjects. I'll be disappointed if I don't...
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Coursework, 40 marks. On a theme, compare a Shakespeare with poems for me...

Geography! How did you find it? Spec A/B? My three topics were... Coasts, Urban and Retail Change and Tourism.

I did WJEC English!! I did Macbeth and Dulce et Decorum Est for my coursework, with the beautiful title: "Explore how Macbeth and Owen reflect on death". I then did Of Mice and Men for my unit one, and An Inspector Calls and Never Let Me Go for unit two. What did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah i agree AQA are annoying when it comes to grade boundaries and i would probably say that OCR is my preferred exam board.
Original post by techno836
I like AQA for the exam structure and content :smile: but I don't like WJEC or OCR that much :frown:

I've never had OCR before but I've heard what they're like and two of my AS's next year are with them :frown:

The content and exam structure with WJEC is horrible (for geography anyway), but so far they've been surprisingly nice with marking :biggrin:
I'm spending next Thursday trying to avoid all of the Maths teachers. I was one mark off an A* at GCSE, so I did linear (I predict myself a U), and AS Level a year early, despite not wanting to do A Level maths.

More than anything, I don't want to have to tell my parents how bad my results are! I'm meant to get all As and above, but I doubt I'll manage anything like that!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Darnell LD97
Yeah i agree AQA are annoying when it comes to grade boundaries and i would probably say that OCR is my preferred exam board.

Never had OCR before but I've heard they're horrible, good to know they're not all bad for everyone! Two of my subjects next year are with them:s-smilie:
Original post by tess_rach
I did WJEC English!! I did Macbeth and Dulce et Decorum Est for my coursework, with the beautiful title: "Explore how Macbeth and Owen reflect on death". I then did Of Mice and Men for my unit one, and An Inspector Calls and Never Let Me Go for unit two. What did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Those are nicer ones! I've read those and would have preferred that...

Unit 1: To kill a mockingbird
Unit 2: an inspector calls and about a boy

About a boy was rubbish
Never had OCR before but I've heard they're horrible, good to know they're not all bad for everyone! Two of my subjects next year are with them:s-smilie:

Dont worry you will be fine OCR are not bad as everyone thinks. What subjects are you taking next year?
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Those are nicer ones! I've read those and would have preferred that...

Unit 1: To kill a mockingbird
Unit 2: an inspector calls and about a boy

About a boy was rubbish

I think that Never Let Me Go is the only book I've studied that actually got better with analysis! And I hated of mice and men, it was the dreariest book I've ever read. I keep meaning to read to kill a mockingbird, miss said I'd enjoy it, and I trust her because she's an awesome teacher (even though she's leaving!!), but I haven't got around to it yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tess_rach
I think that Never Let Me Go is the only book I've studied that actually got better with analysis! And I hated of mice and men, it was the dreariest book I've ever read. I keep meaning to read to kill a mockingbird, miss said I'd enjoy it, and I trust her because she's an awesome teacher (even though she's leaving!!), but I haven't got around to it yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

TKaM is a nice book, but I personally wouldn't enjoy reading it again... It's worth reading though I guess...
I've never had OCR before but I've heard what they're like and two of my AS's next year are with them :frown:

The content and exam structure with WJEC is horrible (for geography anyway), but so far they've been surprisingly nice with marking :biggrin:

WJEC English is horrible :s-smilie:
Reply 3217
At my school they already have our individual address on the envelope when we come to collect them, and then send home the ones that weren't picked up the same day!

Okay thank you! I think thats what my school are likely to do, I'm hoping they'll send them first class so I get them on the Friday!
Reply 3218
Hi guys! My nerves have only just started kicking in now - somehow I managed to forget about exams for most of the summer! I was expecting to start worrying waaaay earlier than this, I guess a week of dread isn't too bad. :dontknow:
Good luck everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I find myself not even minding anymore.. as long as I get enough to return to sixth form, I'll be happy :smile: I hate putting too much pressure on myself to get certain grades, so I've decided to just be okay with whatever I end up getting, provided it gets me back into school :smile:

Maths is starting to worry me slightly though, since I want to do it for a level and I have a feeling it's gone really badly for me :L

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest