The Student Room Group

Please make me feel better

Ok, I'm just gonna tell you my whole situation and I need you to tell me I'll be fine.

I've applied for Film Production at uni of Glos and I need 280 UCAS points, to get that I need

Film Studies: B
Music Tech: C
French: C

EPQ: At least an E

I know I've got a B in Film, and I'm on course to get Cs in the other 2, I feel the exams went ok, but I can never tell how I do in exams for those subjects.

My teacher said 'you probably haven't failed' about my EPQ, yet I'm still convinced I'm not going to get into uni... do you think I'll be ok, chances of them being lenient etc...

Thanks... I need this! :L
Reply 1
Hey dude!

STOP WORRYING. What will be will be! I'm sure you'll be fine especially if you were clever enough to do an EPQ as well as your A Levels anyway! Have faith in yourself & if things don't work out how you wanted them too then you can speak to someone at Glos Uni about the course, failing that theres always clearing!

Let me know how you get on!:smile:

Liv
Reply 2
Original post by MyNameIsPhil
Ok, I'm just gonna tell you my whole situation and I need you to tell me I'll be fine.

I've applied for Film Production at uni of Glos and I need 280 UCAS points, to get that I need

I know I've got a B in Film, and I'm on course to get Cs in the other 2, I feel the exams went ok, but I can never tell how I do in exams for those subjects.

My teacher said 'you probably haven't failed' about my EPQ, yet I'm still convinced I'm not going to get into uni... do you think I'll be ok, chances of them being lenient etc...

Sorry meant to tag you in the above post:smile:
Even if you don't get the grades you need (****IF****) you can still call up and bargain with your university, especially if they have spaces on the course.

Just get your results and assess the situation from there!
Reply 4
Ok thanks... I think I'll get the grades
Reply 5
I think right now everyone is massively stressing out so although I can't tell you your grades perhaps knowing I am also feeling ready to jump off a cliff at the moment will make you feel better? Just think... there are only 9 hours to go and we should all know!
Reply 6
Thanks... not long to wait :smile:
Reply 7
I got in!!
Reply 8
I got in!!

How far off were your predictions?!
Reply 9
Original post by J_W-x
How far off were your predictions?!

Not sure yet, I've only checked UCAS track :P I'll report back when I have my results

Hey!
Don't worry, I'm sure you'll do just fine. Sometimes we worry, we can't help worrying but I was so worried and got into my firm. I haven't seen my results yet but I did get in so may be you have too! Good luck :smile:
Again, don't fret. You will have done amazing.
Reply 11
Well I got CCC, only 240 UCAS points... but I got in anyway so I don't care

Quick Reply

Latest