The Student Room Group

My chosen course has gone into clearing.. good or bad thing?

So I've just checked online and my course at Westminster has gone into clearing!.. Is this a good or bad thing? Im PRAYING I get in tommorrow ahhhh!
Original post by sienna_jones
So I've just checked online and my course at Westminster has gone into clearing!.. Is this a good or bad thing? Im PRAYING I get in tommorrow ahhhh!

It's neither a good thing nor a bad thing. It's just a thing. You can't work anything out from it.
Reply 2
Original post by carnationlilyrose
It's neither a good thing nor a bad thing. It's just a thing. You can't work anything out from it.

true I guess.... Im just getting really impatient!
true I guess.... Im just getting really impatient!
Quite understandable.
Most courses go into clearing. Mine was in clearing last year and this year.
It's a thing. But it could be a good thing if you missed your offer, as your course has places left over, and the universities really, really want to fill them. So they might have gone Oh, Sienna has missed her offer, but we'd rather have her than some randomer via clearing.
Reply 6
Original post by xoJessicaAnn
Most courses go into clearing. Mine was in clearing last year and this year.

Did you manage to get onto your course the first time? or did you also have to go through the clearing process?
Reply 7
Original post by .snowflake.
It's a thing. But it could be a good thing if you missed your offer, as your course has places left over, and the universities really, really want to fill them. So they might have gone Oh, Sienna has missed her offer, but we'd rather have her than some randomer via clearing.

True true. If I go through clearing then I have possibility of calling up my insurance (University of Hertfordshire) and asking them to let me go and then go through clearing. Ive adamant on studying International Business with Arabic and only Westminster University offers it

True true. If I go through clearing then I have possibility of calling up my insurance (University of Hertfordshire) and asking them to let me go and then go through clearing. Ive adamant on studying International Business with Arabic and only Westminster University offers it

Right. If you didn't really want to go to hertfordshire, you should have rang them sooner and asked them to release you. Then you wouldn't have to faff about trying to do this tomorrow if you're not sucessful with your firm.
Reply 9
It's a course thing. Especially if it's large, then places may not have been filled even upon application. It doesn't necessarily apply to you :smile:
Depends on if they're asking for lower grades

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending