The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8280
AGH GUYS I'm so nervous. Can you throw up your own stomach with nerves? Also, is there anyone o the waiting list for Cardiff Med school who has any idea what to do tomorrow?

P.s, I've also made a silly little vlog about results day preparation. you can check it out if you want http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3hRKI58vO4&feature=c4-overview&list=UUPPBlH1UEgCch97-FkZbSEQ
Original post by im so academic
So what's intelligence then?

In a nutshell an intelligent person engages more easily in higher order thinking and is more comfortable with complex ideas

Posted from TSR Mobile
What on earth is a criminal denial of service attack?!
omg!!! i was wondering why UCAS wasnt working
Reply 8284
I'm so scared, i'm ready to throw up right now. God help us!
Original post by aimz666
Tweet from UCAS: http://ucas.com is unavailable due to a criminal denial of service attack. We're working to restore it and will keep you updated

ucas.com criminal denial of service attack - no personal information has been compromised

:O WHAT IS GOING ON! Whodunnit?

Last time it was the Track App that DDoS attached the UCAS site :wink:

I'm guessing that even just the people on this thread with their auto-refresh things could be ****ing up UCASs site!
Original post by when she was 22

Preventing customers from using a service.
Original post by x0x
Sigh ... we won't be able to view our results analysis,according to edexcel results plus.
Does that mean we won't be able to find out what raw mark we got for each unit? we can still tell if we know our ums using a spreadsheet downladable from the edexcel website but i'd rather not having to go through that route ...

It's "Question paper analysis" So you'll still be able to see each module's UMS and raw mark I believe.
Just says UCAS is down until 8 tomorrow while they prepare for clearing and adjustment.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8289
Original post by James A
ucas.com is down ??

Oh my, why would people want to do take down ucas????

Indeed it is! Because they know they're gonna fail? :s-smilie:

Original post by abzy1234
:eek: :eek: :eek:

The day before results??!! That's not a good sign at all!! Bloody hackers!

I KNOW! UCAS are going to have to do some damage control
Original post by when she was 22

It's bascially a DDoS attack, where hackers send out loads of waves of request to the ucas.com website, and because of the sheer load that the server has to deal with at once, it forces UCAS to shut down their website temporarily.
Original post by aimz666
Tweet from UCAS: http://ucas.com is unavailable due to a criminal denial of service attack. We're working to restore it and will keep you updated

ucas.com criminal denial of service attack - no personal information has been compromised

:O WHAT IS GOING ON! Whodunnit?

It must have been a fairly powerful DDoS to take down UCAS, especially with their hordes of technicians on-call this evening.

Bodes well for tomorrow.. :wink:
Reply 8292
Who would attack UCAS with a DDoS?? What a ****

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
I thought we were the ones crashing the website refreshing because we couldn't access track :tongue:
Reply 8295
Original post by PQ
Last time it was the Track App that DDoS attached the UCAS site :wink:

I'm guessing that even just the people on this thread with their auto-refresh things could be ****ing up UCASs site!

:colondollar: I have an auto refresh on already
Original post by James A
It's bascially a DDoS attack, where hackers send out loads of waves of request to the ucas.com website, and because of the sheer load that the server has to deal with at once, it forces UCAS to shut down their website temporarily.

Original post by PythianLegume
Preventing customers from using a service.

Ah okay. Sounds scarier than it is I hope! Thanks :smile:
Anyone else know that there not ganna get an A in a subject after looking at the grade boundries but are praying for some miracle to happen tomorow
Original post by aimz666
I KNOW! UCAS are going to have to do some damage control

Hmm, I think they should've just put down the website until midnight today, to update clearing vacancies. That would've secured it! But if it goes down now... Imagine all 300k+ students trying to log in tomorrow! Not a good sign at all :tongue:
Original post by James A
Does anyone wanna predict what hour this thread will reach 10k posts?

I'm guessing around tomorrow at 3am ??

Much sooner imo. I give it until 10pm tonight.

Latest