The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8300
;D;D;D;D;D My second-choice uni just released its clearing list and my course is in it! And the grade requirement is ABB! ;D Hmm... should I call my insurance now and ask them to release me to save the hassle later on if I don't get into my firm? So in case, I don't, I can just go straight into clearing for my second-choice uni!
Original post by thers
Is the UCAS website down? I can't access it.

It's not 'down' in the sense it's crashed, but you can't Log-in at the moment because:
"Track is currently unavailable while we prepare for Confirmation and Clearing."
Got to wait until 8am(ish) I'm afraid. :redface:
EDIT: Hang on, I say that but now's there's been a DDoS?!! Damn hackers!!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by HarryMWilliams
It must have been a fairly powerful DDoS to take down UCAS, especially with their hordes of technicians on-call this evening.

Bodes well for tomorrow.. :wink:

haha this really is gonna be something special tomorrow eh :wink:

Imagine if the DDoS attack happened again at 8am :zomg:
Original post by Badman1231
Anyone else know that there not ganna get an A in a subject after looking at the grade boundries but are praying for some miracle to happen tomorow

:yes: I think I speak for quite a few... Chemistry. FML.
Original post by Where'sPerry?
Ohh it was some bizarre polar coordinates thing wasn't it? Yeah, I lost so many marks on that :colondollar: I didn't know much about FP3 either, I was also happy about the lack of loci :lol: Further Maths is my fourth A-level and it isn't included in my offer so whatever I get in it is just a bonus really!

Ahh lucky you didn't need it, I do but the luck on FP3 has pushed me into an A I think :lol: good luck with your other exams :biggrin:
Reply 8305
Original post by asphodel77
I thought we were the ones crashing the website refreshing because we couldn't access track :tongue:

Nah we can't access track. UCAS closed it anyway :tongue:
Original post by James A
ucas.com is down ??

Oh my, why would people want to do take down ucas????

people who can't take it anymore?
Reply 8307
Original post by WalkingDead
Track is now updating for confirmation and clearing. Hold your ground! Hold your ground!
Sons of Gondor, of Rohan, my brothers,
I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me.
A day may come when the courage of men fails,
when we forsake our friends
and break all bonds of fellowship,
but it is not this day.

Sit down and shut up :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8308
Anyone do Ocr law ...what do you think about the boundaries

Posted from TSR Mobile
ucas.com is currently unavailable due to a criminal denial of service attack. No personal information has been compromised.

We are working hard to restore the service and have contingency plans in place to ensure no one is disadvantaged.

We are confident that Confirmation and Clearing will go ahead as normal tomorrow.

You'll still be able to access Clearing vacancies at midnight via search.ucas.com and Track from 08:00 tomorrow at track.ucas.com - From their Facebook page.

I really hope that it doesn't effect tomorrow!
Original post by James A
haha this really is gonna be something special tomorrow eh :wink:

Imagine if the DDoS attack happened again at 8am :zomg:

Yeah, I was thinking that, it's quite hysterical actually.. "We have thousands of people refreshing the screen - hence, we are offline." :biggrin:
Reply 8311
Is any one waiting for BTEC National Results :smile:
Reply 8312
Original post by abzy1234
Hmm, I think they should've just put down the website until midnight today, to update clearing vacancies. That would've secured it! But if it goes down now... Imagine all 300k+ students trying to log in tomorrow! Not a good sign at all :tongue:

Every year it clogs up. Every year its the same story. *sigh* I have UCAS on auto refresh now to see when it comes back online.
PLEASE DOES anyone have access to the ocr f324 and f325 mark scheme?
Come on everyone, we need to get to 500 pages before tomorrow. :ninja:
My course for Nottingham's in Clearing! My offer was ABC/BBB, but they're taking BCC. I could still get in despite my horrible exams! :bee2: This was the only emoticon that sums up how I feel.
Original post by ElChapo
In a nutshell an intelligent person engages more easily in higher order thinking and is more comfortable with complex ideas

Posted from TSR Mobile

And they need a higher level of vocabulary to do this.
What's everyone doing this evening to pass the time?
Original post by Ollymurslove
What's everyone doing this evening to pass the time?

I've been watching Black Book and am gonna watch the first Mighty Boosh live show to try and keep my mind off things with a bit of comedy. :tongue:
Reply 8319
Ucas site is down

Latest