The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by im so academic
And they need a higher level of vocabulary to do this.

And to be able to use those words in an intelligent way.
Original post by aimz666
Every year it clogs up. Every year its the same story. *sigh* I have UCAS on auto refresh now to see when it comes back online.

Hmm, they should really invest in thousands of servers! I doubt it's gonna be back online until midnight- here's hoping none of that happens again at 8:00 tomorrow! :tongue:
Reply 8322
Original post by Felix Felicis
Come on everyone, we need to get to 500 pages before tomorrow. :ninja:

Trust me, we most definitely will :colone:
oh my ******* god. track has been frozen!! :eek: as we speak our conditionals are changing to unconditionals/rejections :eek:
My predictions are gonna be blown out of the water as it looks like we'll reach 10k posts by midnight.
Reply 8325
Original post by annemariemoore
My course for Nottingham's in Clearing! My offer was ABC/BBB, but they're taking BCC. I could still get in despite my horrible exams! :bee2: This was the only emoticon that sums up how I feel.

;D;D;D I know the feeling! Now I'm wondering how fast do insurance unis release you on the Results day o.O
Reply 8326
I've just seen the Biology Edexcel grade boundaries for AS. I want to cry. :frown::eek::frown:
Reply 8327
Original post by James A
It's bascially a DDoS attack, where hackers send out loads of waves of request to the ucas.com website, and because of the sheer load that the server has to deal with at once, it forces UCAS to shut down their website temporarily.

It's basically what students do tomorrow morning by constantly refreshing....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8328
Original post by abzy1234
Hmm, they should really invest in thousands of servers! I doubt it's gonna be back online until midnight- here's hoping none of that happens again at 8:00 tomorrow! :tongue:

It's back online already :biggrin: I suppose they needed to since they have to put clearing places up
Original post by im so academic
And they need a higher level of vocabulary to do this.

No they don't? Take an intelligent mathematician for example. Vocabulary isn't a measure of intelligence. It can be an indicator however

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by annemariemoore
My course for Nottingham's in Clearing! My offer was ABC/BBB, but they're taking BCC. I could still get in despite my horrible exams! :bee2: This was the only emoticon that sums up how I feel.

And what course may that be?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cryl
;D;D;D I know the feeling! Now I'm wondering how fast do insurance unis release you on the Results day o.O

Ooh, I wouldn't know about that! Does it not depend on the uni? :frown:
Reply 8332
I wish they could just have the results emailed to us

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ANONYM00SE
Good luck!

You too! I hope you get in! :awesome:
Original post by JordanS94
Ahh lucky you didn't need it, I do but the luck on FP3 has pushed me into an A I think :lol: good luck with your other exams :biggrin:

Thanks, best of luck with yours too!
Original post by aimz666
It's back online already :biggrin: I suppose they needed to since they have to put clearing places up

Ah yeah, just checked, awesome! Seems like the boffins at UCAS are hard at work :tongue:
Original post by Cryl

It can be anything between 6 hours and a fortnight....take names/job titles when you ring to get a quicker and better service!

Original post by James A
My predictions are gonna be blown out of the water as it looks like we'll reach 10k posts by midnight.

Can always rely on a UCAS ****up to speed up the posts!
Reply 8337
Original post by James A

should've made a bet on it
Original post by Dimples_ND
And what course may that be?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine's Ancient History and Archaeology, but there's a lot of different courses with similar lower offers here. :biggrin:
Reply 8339
Original post by abzy1234
Ah yeah, just checked, awesome! Seems like the boffins at UCAS are hard at work :tongue:

Now that is a good sign! :colone:

Latest