The Student Room Group

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Grade boundaries

Scroll to see replies

Anyone know when WJEC's boundaries will be out?
Apparently the wjec ones come out after we get our result. Good one, guys. Why are they so useless? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NedStark
Tbh we all expected the ISA to be an absolute joke. No surprise they increased it.

how do you mean?, its been the same for a few years
I don't understand the AQA link, all it is showing is the UMS marks? which is just a percentage? where are the raw mark boundaries?
Original post by jonny1996
What is the difference between paper 01 and paper 01R? Does the R signify replacement? I ask regarding the edexcel maths papers (especially C3!). If it did signify replacement then the replacement for C3 has ended up having higher boundaries than the original which doesn't seem right because those that saw both were unanimous in thinking that the original was easier. The difference between the two in raw marks for each grade is about 10 marks?! Anyone know anything more on this?

It means international students as they sat a different paper in a different time zone.
Original post by CarysMoo
I screwed it up - the best I can hope for now is a B over all and I need an A :'(

But they could still accept you. I can't get an A either so I am hoping for the B.
Reply 1306
Good thing Edexcel set the C3 grade boundaries quite low, given the disaster of a paper they gave us.
Original post by zachariou1
What does the (R) mean, I think it means retake, but that isn't possible, for example Physics Unit 2 Edexcel was done once in 2013 but there are 2 boundaries, 6PH02 Physics At Work (Paper 01)6PH02 Physics At Work (Paper 01R).

They do international papers for those in other timezones; I'm not 100% but it might stand for 'Regional' or something and correspond to the international papers.
Aaa doesn't seem to be showing raw mark boundaries...anyone help me out what are the A boundaries (raw marks) for biology unit 1 and 2, French unit 1 and 2 and drama/theatre studies?..AS btw
Original post by mahatma ghandi
how do you mean?, its been the same for a few years

"Has anyone else noticed that AQA have whacked up the Physics ISA grade boundaries this year for the first time in ages, cheeky bastards! And the Unit 1 grade boundaries are stupidly high"

You just said they increased it. Unless I'm missing something then you're contradicting yourself.

But they have increased it, normally it's been at 43 for an A but it's 44. Not much, but 1 mark can make all the difference, especially in an ISA.
Original post by NedStark
"Has anyone else noticed that AQA have whacked up the Physics ISA grade boundaries this year for the first time in ages, cheeky bastards! And the Unit 1 grade boundaries are stupidly high"

You just said they increased it. Unless I'm missing something then you're contradicting yourself.

But they have increased it, normally it's been at 43 for an A but it's 44. Not much, but 1 mark can make all the difference, especially in an ISA.

Yeah I know, My point is that it's annoying they chose to increase it this year.
Reply 1311
Original post by Miracle Day
Anyone know when WJEC's boundaries will be out?

9.30am ... ish
Hello! This has probably been answered a billion times already but could somebody clarify for me - which of the Edexcel C3 papers listed in the grade boundaries document is the 'hard' replacement paper that was sat by the vast majority of the country? The (Paper 01R) with 61 for an A or the (Paper 01) with 50 for an A?

Thank you! :smile:
Original post by Paparazzo
Good luck! :smile:

Thank you :smile: Good luck to you too for all of your results. :smile:
Original post by Llewellyn
9.30am ... ish

For definite?
Original post by Ellie_May :)
But they could still accept you. I can't get an A either so I am hoping for the B.

Best of luck to you!
Reply 1316
Original post by überambitious_ox
For definite?

https://twitter.com/wjec_cbac (this is their official twitter)

I can't say for certain. Edexcel said midnight on the 15th but actually released them a bit after midday today...
Original post by Llewellyn
https://twitter.com/wjec_cbac (this is their official twitter)

I can't say for certain. Edexcel said midnight on the 15th but actually released them a bit after midday today...

Okay, thanks :smile:
Where are Arsey's mark scheme for the Maths papers this exam season?

I'm after C4.

Thank you :smile:
Reply 1319
Original post by überambitious_ox
Where are Arsey's mark scheme for the Maths papers this exam season?

I'm after C4.

Thank you :smile:

I'm assuming you mean Edexcel:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2385360

Quick Reply

Latest