The Student Room Group

Training Contracts 2015 - Let the Games Begin

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1320
Original post by hopeful0911
Just this minute got a PFO from FFW after passing both tests. Not heard from Hogan Lovells either but was at an AC yesterday where someone had an interview with them today...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, did they say if they had done a VAC scheme with HL?
Reply 1321
Original post by Willow456
Not a peep. Eerily quiet.... But then it seems to have been a really quiet day for me today...

Same here! I'm wondering if they've changed their approach, as I was asked to do a WG test 3 days after applying last year.
Original post by yarp
Ah, did they say if they had done a VAC scheme with HL?

Don't think they had.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1323
Original post by lawhopeful123
Hi

Has anyone heard from:

Pinsent Masons (Leeds)
SJ Berwin
Browne Jacobson ( after telephone interview)
Gordons
Ward Hadaway
Ford and Warren

Many thanks :smile:

Had telephone interview with Browne Jacobson last week but haven't heard anything yet.
Reply 1324
Just this minute got a PFO from FFW after passing both tests. Not heard from Hogan Lovells either but was at an AC yesterday where someone had an interview with them today...

Posted from TSR Mobile

They were working late then if you received the PFO this evening! Do you mind me asking when you sent your FFW app and did the tests?

Just to feel like I've added something to this thread (although I only sent one straight TC app so can't add much)

Speechlys PFO after VS
RPC PFO after VS
BLP still waiting after VS
FFW still waiting after passing both tests
Original post by Subtle15
Just to add to this:
Addleshaws (London) - not heard
Ashurst - PFO
A&O - PFO
Bird&Bird - PFO
Bristows - Not heard
Dechert - Not heard
EWP - Not heard
FFW - PFO after successful VRT and IRT
Gide - AC
Hogan Lovells - Not heard
K&L Gates - not heard
Olswang - VRT and IRT done
Reed Smith - Not heard
RPC - VRT done
SJ Berwin - interview
Weil - not heard
Skadden - not heard

If anyone has any updates on anything, that'd be appreciated...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, when did you hear from Clifford Chance if you do not mind me asking?
Original post by yarp
This is the current state of play for yours truly. I think Shermans and Eversheds are probably silent PFOs.

1. FARRER & CO: Heard nothing
2. WRAGGE & CO: PFO
3. TLT: PFO
4. EVERSHETS: Completed SJT, nothing since.
5. FRESHFIELDS: PFO
6. BURGES SALMON: PFO
7. OSBORNE CLARKE: PFO
8. LEWIS SILKIN: Heard nothing
9. HOGAN LOVELLS: Heard nothing
10. DMH STALLARD: PFO
11. SHEARMANS: Heard nothing
12. PENNINGTONS: Heard nothing
13. MACFARLANES: Heard nothing

Hi, sorry to hear about the PFOs.

Can I ask when you heard back from TLT? I've had nothing.
Reply 1327
anyone applied to morgan lewis?
Original post by SwiftRyu
I have an Addleshaws telephone interview tomorrow for the London office. If you don't mind, could you give me a brief indication of the sort of questions asked? Thanks.

I too would be very grateful for any tips on the telephone interview for Addleshaws. I have mine on Friday. Good luck with yours! If you don't mind, please do report back on how it went and what types of questions were asked.

It'd be much appreciated :smile:

/

If anyone else happens to have had an interview at Bryan Cave, your tips also would be much appreciated :smile:

These PFOs really do hit the heart hard. But it's great to see this thread as a means to motivate each other. We can do it!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1329
Original post by cranberryberry
Hi, sorry to hear about the PFOs.

Can I ask when you heard back from TLT? I've had nothing.

Yep, I heard on Monday. Sounds like no news is good news in your case :smile:
Reply 1330
Don't think they had.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh dear, that sounds bleak! :frown:
Reply 1331
Original post by GunsAndRoses
I too would be very grateful for any tips on the telephone interview for Addleshaws. I have mine on Friday. Good luck with yours! If you don't mind, please do report back on how it went and what types of questions were asked.

It'd be much appreciated :smile:

No problem. Their graduate site indicates it may be competency based but with some general discussion on motivation and drive. I'll report back anyhow.
Reply 1332
Original post by violator
No, no and no :frown: I'm constantly checking my inbox, spam folder and CV Mail account and nothing :frown:

I don't know if they plan to change things this year but I remember how last year I got the invite for a telephone interview sometime early October if my memory is still with me right now. By that time I had placed Mischcon along with W&C into the silent PFO column. So, keep the positive vibes up, we might be in for a long run ... again.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1333
Original post by usually silent
Nothing on Lewis Silkin

Hey, thanks for letting me know - hopefully no news is good news!
Reply 1334
To hopefully make everyone feel a bit better, I have applied to 21 firms, got 17 PFOs, haven't heard back from 3 and have 1 interview on Friday. I get the impression this is just really, really hard...
Reply 1335
Original post by VelvetFox
Heard nothing from Harbottle yet!

Ok, hope that's a good thing! Harbottle is my first choice so fingers crossed no news is good news!
Reply 1336
Original post by keira_leigh
PFO from Farrer yesterday

Posted from TSR Mobile

sorry to hear that :frown: good luck with the rest of your applications
Reply 1337
Original post by TheOneTrueEvian
I interviewed at Harbottles in July, couple of weeks after my app was sent, they get back to you quickly.

If anyone gets an AC at Stephenson, please do let me know!

Congrats on Harbottles interview! How did it go? Really hoping to hear from them soon as it's my first choice. If you don't mind me asking - what sort of things did you get asked? (feel free to tell me to mind my own business :smile: )
Reply 1338
Original post by 3meeeganxx
Got rejected from Farrer & Co last week I think it was. Think I read here that the interviews are late August/September. Seems that the only people to have heard from them are those who've been rejected so far...Good Luck!!

Sorry about your PFO! Good luck with the rest of the applications.
Reply 1339
Original post by cranberryberry
Nothing from Withers, my friend hasn't heard either.

Thanks for letting me know - fingers crossed!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending