The Student Room Group

York St. John

I am sort of confused about UCAS POINTS.
When I applied for my course film studies in York St. John they're entry requirements were stated as 220-260 ucas points with C above grade in GCSE which I thought was not bad.

However I went to the UCAS actual website the other day and saw that the entry requirements for the course is a minimum of 260 points! now I am sat here wondering and worrying that I won't get into the University I want because both insititute state different things.

Which one should I believe? please help!
Original post by lorrainetrias
I am sort of confused about UCAS POINTS.
When I applied for my course film studies in York St. John they're entry requirements were stated as 220-260 ucas points with C above grade in GCSE which I thought was not bad.

However I went to the UCAS actual website the other day and saw that the entry requirements for the course is a minimum of 260 points! now I am sat here wondering and worrying that I won't get into the University I want because both insititute state different things.

Which one should I believe? please help!

What matters are the conditions of your individual offer. The typical entry requirements are irrelevant. Meet the terms of your offer and you will have a guaranteed place.
this might seem like a stupid question but what do you mean ?
by entry requirements don't matter but the terms does?

You will have been given a specific offer by the university such as "Achieve 240 UCAS points including a C in English GCSE". This is your specific offer, and it is that that you need to meet. This can and often is different to the 'typical offer' that is stated on a university's website.

So, what is your own offer from the university?
Reply 3
Original post by F1 fanatic
You will have been given a specific offer by the university such as "Achieve 240 UCAS points including a C in English GCSE". This is your specific offer, and it is that that you need to meet. This can and often is different to the 'typical offer' that is stated on a university's website.

So, what is your own offer from the university?

that makes sense now.
my own offer states minimum of 260 points including 3 C GCSE grades which I have.
aww. now im not confident ill get in, because I thought I would be okay when I found out its 220-260 as that's pretty low.
that makes sense now.
my own offer states minimum of 260 points including 3 C GCSE grades which I have.
aww. now im not confident ill get in, because I thought I would be okay when I found out its 220-260 as that's pretty low.

If you don't meet your offer then nothing is guaranteed, but if you are close to the offer they may still accept you. The early indications are that there may be some flexibility in offer conditions for many subjects this year, as there was last year, so all is not lost even if you don't get the grades. All you can really do at this stage is wait and try not to think about it too much. If you can't help it, then try to think about what-if scenarios. You can't affect their decision now, but you can think about what you would do in certain outcomes. If you did miss your offer, what would you do? Hopefully you do meet your offer or they accept you, but if not you'll be in a stronger position if you're prepared :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by F1 fanatic
If you don't meet your offer then nothing is guaranteed, but if you are close to the offer they may still accept you. The early indications are that there may be some flexibility in offer conditions for many subjects this year, as there was last year, so all is not lost even if you don't get the grades. All you can really do at this stage is wait and try not to think about it too much. If you can't help it, then try to think about what-if scenarios. You can't affect their decision now, but you can think about what you would do in certain outcomes. If you did miss your offer, what would you do? Hopefully you do meet your offer or they accept you, but if not you'll be in a stronger position if you're prepared :smile:

Yes I heard something about still being accepted even though you've missed the offer so I'm just going to hope on that. Thank you for your time! But I don't think I will be able to sleep tonight it is just too stressful to think about
Yes I heard something about still being accepted even though you've missed the offer so I'm just going to hope on that. Thank you for your time! But I don't think I will be able to sleep tonight it is just too stressful to think about

Of course, that's understandable and its a very stressful time for everyone! You know what they say, hope for the best and plan for the worst. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending