The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Why is it a bad thing if your course is in clearing? (If it's a bad thing in the first place.)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Up till midnight to find out the official clearing list so I can make a list of details about each uni I will be phoning up tomorrow as im in clearing. Hopefully it will help me be as prepared as I can be.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8942
Original post by gman10
I think we are on the same wavelength!! :P

I honestly have been trying to distract myself with doctor who. I've watched series 1 2 and 3, and am halfway through 4. I really am not doing well :L
What time do you guys get your results? ?
Original post by James A
We aren't even on 9000 posts yet and it's 10.30.

Lol I knew it, I doubt we'll hit 10k posts by midnight, but we'll be at about 9.6k posts i reckon

think people are too stressed to post on here aha

wheres everyone gone?!
Original post by SyedaK
Who'll be up all night and on TSR?

me..... potentially....
How can you find out if your course is in clearing?
Reply 8947
Original post by olliehus
Fortunately I was in the first year in the sixth form at my school, so last year I had to do no waiting, and this year no waiting either :biggrin:

Haha that is very lucky! So your year will be the first A2s going through? I bet the teachers put you under pressure so the sixth form will look good and all that :biggrin:
Original post by Brightbud

8.30. dunno if i'll go school that early though i wanna check track first :smile: you?
Reply 8949
Original post by sneha.vag
Why is it a bad thing if your course is in clearing? (If it's a bad thing in the first place.)

Posted from TSR Mobile

The course is under-subscribed for whatever reason, and then people who are nervous (most of us) start worrying that it means the course is on clearing because they had to turn down so many people.
:aetsch:
Original post by olliehus
Now that is not fair at all :mad:

:smug:
Reply 8951
Haven't posted in here yet but definitely not looking forward to wjec c4 and m2 results haha!
Reply 8952
What do you reckon is the best distraction method? I've got a long 11 hours to kill :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8953
Original post by Libertyrose95
Up till midnight to find out the official clearing list so I can make a list of details about each uni I will be phoning up tomorrow as im in clearing. Hopefully it will help me be as prepared as I can be.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My sister forced me to spend the morning writing down all the clearing details (phone numbers) on the front of prospectus' for about 40 universities. This probably would have been a better solution :biggrin:
Reply 8954
Original post by BOOM!!!
Haha that is very lucky! So your year will be the first A2s going through? I bet the teachers put you under pressure so the sixth form will look good and all that :biggrin:

Of course :L

90% of the year was a 6 day week for us (well the dedicated ones) and a lot of us never got a lunch break, we were all being worked to the bone. Fortunately my A2 classes this year were only 3 people big :L
Need to get the paper in the morning to read A-levels are getting easier and they are giving A*'s away in cornflake packets, just to cheer myself up
I got onto UCAS at 6.30am a couple of years ago when I got my results, has this changed now, everyone's talking about 8?

I think a few of us got lucky and got on the system early, it was such a nightmare all day to get onto..

GOOD LUCK TOMORROW GUYS, I'll be thinking of you all and hope you each get what you want and need :u:
Original post by Flowerii
I would marry that person/s. Seriously.
I'd then actually put effort into the marriage, that's how much I would love that to happen. I'd go to couples therapy, go on date nights, I'd move into a house in suburbia and have 2.5 kids if that happened.
*sigh*
Consolation cookie, anyone?

Are you hoping to have two and a half men? :biggrin:
Reply 8958
Original post by Claree
What do you reckon is the best distraction method? I've got a long 11 hours to kill :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

4 shots of jack and a Valium.
Original post by Brightbud

7:00am, but I'll be bouncing at the sixth form gates at half six

Latest